Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

Discus and support Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Playing Generation Zero without issue, used Alexa to trigger a capture "Alexa, tell Xbox to record that.". I got the notification that Alexa had... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

Playing Generation Zero without issue, used Alexa to trigger a capture "Alexa, tell Xbox to record that.".

I got the notification that Alexa had triggered the command, then the one when it had finished to say that it was preparing my clip.

At that point the game froze, stutterng audio, crashed to dashboard. Then I got the final notification that my clip was ready.

XB1X Scorpio Ed. Skip Ahead Alpha

Reported from console.

Edit: typo

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 12, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  3. gds1972 Win User

is there a way to record more than the last 10 minutes

4. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Clips Not Recording

Check that your capture settings are adjusted to your preferred settings. You can find this by pushing the Guide X button, captures and settings. You can set it to Allow Captures by you, or you and the game, the time duration, I use one min, Automatically
    upload, Resolution and storage location. With automatic upload, I found that it caused delay in capturing because the console is trying to upload, while I was asking it to record again, and this just caused the system to get confused. Double check your capture
    storage is set properly to Internal Storage, or an external storage formatted for pictures, not games.

To grab a quick screen shot push the Guide X button, then Y to snap a pic. To grab a clip push the Guide X button and X. These are quick button references to getting captures with limited interruption of game play.

In my experience, if I try to snap or clip too often or too quick it will not record them all. I try to wait for the notification to pop that the recording or pic was taken before taking another snap or clip.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Capture not recording entirely or disappearing

Hi SHOOTR 10,

I am not sure if there is a way to get back the lost capture but I would suggest you take a look at the Troubleshoot problems
    with recording game clips on Xbox One
    support page. It may not help with the lost capture but could help identify what could be causing this to endure it does not happen again.

Hope this helps :)
  6. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
Thema:

Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

1. Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash - Similar Threads - Capturing Clip Caused

2. Captures/Game Clips Not Downloading to App or Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures/Game Clips Not Downloading to App or Profile: I keep having an issue with select game clips not being available on my Xbox App or on my profile. It's been going on for about a week and my storage isn't the problem. Sometimes, the app won't...
  3. My xbox captures/clips won’t appear on the xbox mobile app

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox captures/clips won’t appear on the xbox mobile app: I take alot of game clips wnd whenever I do I get a notification on my phone that a game clip has been saved. I use the xbox mobile app to save them to my phone and post them on social media, but...
  4. Comments and likes of captures/clips under "Social" tab are not tied anymore to the same...

in XboX Insiders
    Comments and likes of captures/clips under "Social" tab are not tied anymore to the same...: Not only happening in my profile, but in everyone else. It's even possible to delete something from "Social" feed and it will not disappear from "Watch" list. Why these contents are now...
  5. My Xbox will not capture clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox will not capture clips: My Xbox will not capture clips, so far in attempts to fix it I have: -cleared the cache -factory reset 2 times -soft reset once -changed settings to record in different resolutions and for...
  6. Xbox One S capture clips doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S capture clips doesn't work: For some reason, it just started happening. My storage isn't full, it sometimes works but not all the time, help? 222d560e-ebc6-42ee-bafd-774dac1807ea
  7. Clipping game captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clipping game captures: Xbox is broken. Its a bug that they created When i first turn on my xbox in the morning and go onto a game it doesnt clip anything when i press home button then X. I have to restart my console and...
  8. My clips are gone from recent captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    My clips are gone from recent captures: All gone [Mod removed- inappropriate] xbox a5578c52-3a3d-499a-b6f8-5bf4803264b9
  9. Streaming/game clips/ capture card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming/game clips/ capture card: No matter what i use to record i hear no game audio when i go back and watch it. Im just trying to record some 2k games im playing so i can edit it up and make highlights for my friends but...
  10. Capturing/Clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Capturing/Clips: Hello,recently i have been having issues with my game recordings not working...before i uninstalled geforce something,my clips on pc have started to appear frozen and a black screen.Someone please...