Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

Discus and support Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Playing Generation Zero without issue, used Alexa to trigger a capture "Alexa, tell Xbox to record that.". I got the notification that Alexa had... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

Playing Generation Zero without issue, used Alexa to trigger a capture "Alexa, tell Xbox to record that.".

I got the notification that Alexa had triggered the command, then the one when it had finished to say that it was preparing my clip.

At that point the game froze, stutterng audio, crashed to dashboard. Then I got the final notification that my clip was ready.

XB1X Scorpio Ed. Skip Ahead Alpha

Reported from console.

Edit: typo

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 12, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  3. gds1972 Win User

is there a way to record more than the last 10 minutes

4. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Can you elaborate what method you are using to try and take screenshots?

When ingame do you press the Nexus button to bring up the Home Guide, then move to the right to Capture and share, then Capture>Capture a screenshot?

Capture game clips and screenshots provides support for this feature.

If you have a lot of clips on your console you may want to upload them to XBox Live so you can delete some of them from the console.

There is only a finite space for clips and shots stored on the console.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

How to auto Upload Screenshots and DVR clips from insider build to OneDrive automatically

Thema:

Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash

1. Capturing a Clip Caused Game to Crash - Similar Threads - Capturing Clip Caused

2. Xbox clip capture not functioning

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox clip capture not functioning: When I select to capture the past 5 minutes, or even 2 minutes, my xbox has only been capturing a portion of the time selected. When the clip finally shows in my recent captures on Xbox, they are...
  3. Xbox raderar captures och clips? (Xbox deletes captures and clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox raderar captures och clips? (Xbox deletes captures and clips: Skulle idag gå in bland mina screenshots för att visa en bild för en kompis bara för att upptäcka att allt min content är borta förutom tre screenshots som jag råkat lägga upp på Xbox Live, hade...
  4. Xbox is only capturing 6 seconds of clips

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is only capturing 6 seconds of clips: This has occurred several times before but I’ve never figured out why it happens. Sometimes what should be a 30 second capture turns into a 6 second clips with no sound. Anyone ever have this...
  5. Can't upload any Xbox Live captures and clips to OneDrive anymore, but if it's a media in...

in XboX Insiders
    Can't upload any Xbox Live captures and clips to OneDrive anymore, but if it's a media in...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  6. Anyone else have difficulties trying to share video clips you've recently captured?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else have difficulties trying to share video clips you've recently captured?: Ever since the recent alpha update its saying theres an issue. submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  7. Why are my Game Clips not capturing or saving properly???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my Game Clips not capturing or saving properly???: I record and edit a lot of TitanFall 2 clips, my system notifications say i have a recorded clip, upon opening said notification i am prompted with "We're getting your clip ready, check back soon"...
  8. Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming captured clips using Captures Manage Trim FAILS: Anyone else using Trim clips getting so far when saving edit but not completing the save and screen just hangs until you press B to discard edit? Tried several and all fail when saving edit....
  9. Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question: Hello everyone, I'm trying to capture extended game clips to an external hard drive. When I connect it and change the save location in settings it gives me the option of Internal or EFI. I'm...
  10. Unable to capture screenshots or game clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to capture screenshots or game clips: So, I'm having trouble capturing screenshots/game clips on an Xbox One X. The menu tab doesn't physically give me the option to press X or Y to take a capture. The thing is that it was working...