Capturing Game Clips to an External Storage Without A Recording Time Limit

Discus and support Capturing Game Clips to an External Storage Without A Recording Time Limit in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just wanted to submit a feedback request of removing the one hour recording time limit to an external storage. For example, this way my recordings... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ameenffxiii, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Capturing Game Clips to an External Storage Without A Recording Time Limit

I just wanted to submit a feedback request of removing the one hour recording time limit to an external storage. For example, this way my recordings will not stop in a middle of a battle. What I mean is that I want to not have a time limit for recording a game clip to an external storage. If you can please not have a recording time limit to an external storage, I would really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/ameenffxiii
    [link] [comments]

/u/ameenffxiii, Nov 22, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Capture Issues

Hello All,

Sorry for the issue
    with captures
    . This is highly dependent on the resolution you choose.

Depending on your game clip resolution and available storage space, clips can last up to 10 minutes (capturing to internal storage) or 1 hour (capturing to external storage).

Also, we cant confirm as we are still looking into it, developers may have limits to recording as it is their game.Also, as this is an older thread, I will be locking this one. To keep it going please create a new thread.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Clips Not Recording

Check that your capture settings are adjusted to your preferred settings. You can find this by pushing the Guide X button, captures and settings. You can set it to Allow Captures by you, or you and the game, the time duration, I use one min, Automatically
    upload, Resolution and storage location. With automatic upload, I found that it caused delay in capturing because the console is trying to upload, while I was asking it to record again, and this just caused the system to get confused. Double check your capture
    storage is set properly to Internal Storage, or an external storage formatted for pictures, not games.

To grab a quick screen shot push the Guide X button, then Y to snap a pic. To grab a clip push the Guide X button and X. These are quick button references to getting captures with limited interruption of game play.

In my experience, if I try to snap or clip too often or too quick it will not record them all. I try to wait for the notification to pop that the recording or pic was taken before taking another snap or clip.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

外部ドライブへの録画ができない[Translation-I can't record to an external drive.]

Hi Ke.y,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues recording to an external. We recommend going over the

guide for capturing to external
    . You may need to set the external up again to store captures. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. dragon asasin69 Win User

is there a way to record more than the last 10 minutes

6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I have a new feature that you guys should add.

It's an interesting idea and in theory it could work amazingly well but unfortunately in practice I don't know how great it would be. We have limited cloud storage for Xbox clips, so if it automatically recorded 30 second clips every time you unlock an
    achievement, we'd likely have very little space left over for manual recording. It would be pretty cool if it recorded the clips on your internal/external storage, and you could then manually select which ones to upload to the cloud. That would get around
    the limited cloud storage issue at the very least.
Thema:

Capturing Game Clips to an External Storage Without A Recording Time Limit

1. Capturing Game Clips to an External Storage Without A Recording Time Limit - Similar Threads - Capturing Game Clips

2. Unable to trim game capture clips, clips have no sound on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to trim game capture clips, clips have no sound on Series X: Hi all, I’ve game captured a couple of COD clips (2 minute clips) and have tried to trim the videos but the preview and save button is greyed out after I adjusted my sliders to where I want to...
  3. how can i upload a capture or a game clip from pc to xbox live?

in XBoX on Windows
    how can i upload a capture or a game clip from pc to xbox live?: So i have alot of captures and clips that i made using the xbox game bar, but i know that i can't upload them using the xbox console companion app anymore. Is there another xbox app that i can use...
  4. Capturing game chat on recorded clips for Xbox One.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Capturing game chat on recorded clips for Xbox One.: I was able to record audio chat on recorded game clips when i had a 3.5mm mic plugged into my controller. Ever since i started using Astro A50 xbox headsets I can no longer record game chat. I...
  5. Captures/Game Clips Not Downloading to App or Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures/Game Clips Not Downloading to App or Profile: I keep having an issue with select game clips not being available on my Xbox App or on my profile. It's been going on for about a week and my storage isn't the problem. Sometimes, the app won't...
  6. Clipping game captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clipping game captures: Xbox is broken. Its a bug that they created When i first turn on my xbox in the morning and go onto a game it doesnt clip anything when i press home button then X. I have to restart my console and...
  7. Streaming/game clips/ capture card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming/game clips/ capture card: No matter what i use to record i hear no game audio when i go back and watch it. Im just trying to record some 2k games im playing so i can edit it up and make highlights for my friends but...
  8. Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...

in XboX Insiders
    Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...: It's like day after day it's becoming worse and worse. Maybe we are going to see some upgrades or a total new experience to the Game DVR function? Can I dream a bit? submitted by...
  9. Unable to hear game chat after capturing a clip

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear game chat after capturing a clip: I am trying to make YouTube vids by pressing START RECORDING which records for 10 minutes. I viewed my game capture and I could hear my GAME CHAT AUDIO, however I could hear my friend who is on...
  10. Capturing game clips

in XBoX Accessibility
    Capturing game clips: I thought I had this resolved but apparently not. When playing warzone, i try to record clips of anything that i think is pretty cool. When I say, “xbox record that” it will, but it will only be...