Casting .mkv to xbox one

Discus and support Casting .mkv to xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cast an H.264 codec .mkv file to my xbox one from my Windows 10 computer earlier today over a wired network and it worked fine. After about 30 mins... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukeStowell, Mar 23, 2020.

1. LukeStowell
    LukeStowell Guest

Casting .mkv to xbox one

I cast an H.264 codec .mkv file to my xbox one from my Windows 10 computer earlier today over a wired network and it worked fine. After about 30 mins into the video the audio and video didn't sync up any more so I tried to rewind the video 10 seconds to
    see if that would re-sync the audio. The video stopped working and now I cannot cast it to my xbox one. I tried right-clicking to cast (worked originally) then I tried casting from the movies and tv app to no avail. I've tried resetting my xbox one, network
    switch, and PC to no avail. Everything is up to date on my xbox one. I can see the xbox form my PC but can't cast, sometimes it won't connect to the xbox, sometimes it says it is disconnecting from my xbox when I click connect, sometimes it connects but
    just shows a black screen on the xbox. Most of the time my PC says there was an unexpected device error when I try to cast.

I had these same problems 4 years ago and became so frustrated that I never tried to cast again until today. Why can't two different Microsoft products communicate?

:)

LukeStowell, Mar 23, 2020
  2. LukeStowell Win User

Casting .mkv to xbox one

Again, I want to stress that it worked for a bit then stopped, now won't cast at all. So frustrated I want to switch to Playstation after being a loyal xbox user for over 13 years.
  3. NickDrouin Win User

Media Player Not showing MKV files.

For Win7/8 to read and send MKV, the underlying DLNA Digital Media Server needs to know how to read and advertise the MKV format.

The Xbox One October update only affects the console, and not your Windows PC.

While the Windows Media Player can be setup as a DNLA Server (via "Turn on media streaming.."), your version of Windows is not able to read and advertise MKV as media available to the Xbox One. As pointed out in the thread, you'll need a DLNA server on your
    media PC.

Without endorsing one DLNA server software over another, this is a good thread to read to understand the required steps:

www.reddit.com/.../mkv_dlna_easy_guide

In case you need it, this is the full Xbox MKV support article:

support.xbox.com/.../mkv-support
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Problema con reproducción de vídeos desde disco externo [Translation-Problem with playing videos from external disk]

Hi
    NathAlex1012

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

So just to confirm, does your Xbox recognize the drive itself and the issue is that some files are not found when looking for them in the media players?

Keep in mind that not all MKV or AVI codecs are supported on the Xbox One. Xbox One supports a wide variety of codecs and media types, but if you try to play a file that contains unsupported content, Media Player will notify you about the issue. The Xbox
    One tries to support the MKV features that are most important to most customers. Not all features of the MKV format will be implemented, and features will be provided in the order in which they provide the most value. I recommend taking a look at a table of
    MKV files that contain video and audio tracks encoded with supported codecs for the Xbox One from the following support article, "MKV support on Xbox One", and
    compare your codecs with the ones listed on the table.

I hope this helps!
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

All movies newly added to my external hard drive won't play on my Xbox one X through the VLC media player or the Microsoft media app.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/mkv-support
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/mkv-support

would be the only info on it
Thema:

Casting .mkv to xbox one

1. Casting .mkv to xbox one - Similar Threads - Casting mkv

2. As insider I want to know if is possible to do a mirror from Xbox One to EZ Cast Pro

in XboX Insiders
    As insider I want to know if is possible to do a mirror from Xbox One to EZ Cast Pro: [IMG] submitted by /u/XtreamGF [link] [comments]
  3. Can't cast phone screen to xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't cast phone screen to xbox.: I want to cast my phone to the xbox but my phone can't find it. It works only on youtube. Any help please? e2704da1-251d-47df-92a2-9c089d487728
  4. Stop YouTube Cast to Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop YouTube Cast to Xbox One X: Hello, Hi I have a problem with YouTube allowing any device to cast videos to my Xbox One X, even though I have quit the application. I tried signing out from YouTube but still people could cast...
  5. Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

in XboX Insiders
    Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...: Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now. submitted by /u/aribbabar [link] [comments]
  6. Australian Game Steaming and Casting to TV while playing Destiny.

in XboX Insiders
    Australian Game Steaming and Casting to TV while playing Destiny.: I am located in Perth, Australia. This morning I changed from 1911.191213-0400 (Omega and Delta ring) to the Beta ring, installed the game streaming app and connected a controller to my phone....
  7. he are Solitary Warfare Voice Actors and Cast List (not completely)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    he are Solitary Warfare Voice Actors and Cast List (not completely): Speical thankfully to sources and staff,created a lists of actors and actresses,let us know who are Voice Actors and Actress are casting in Solitary Warfare for bringing some of characters to life...
  8. Best Easiest way to cast/mirror to Xb1 from Android or website?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best Easiest way to cast/mirror to Xb1 from Android or website?: Greetings, I've recently tried to cast to my xbox1 from website, via android phone, using an android app - didn't go too well. Is there a consensus or known better way to watch web content, via...
  9. You tube app won't pick up Xbox to cast

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You tube app won't pick up Xbox to cast: There both on the same wifi both uninstalled and reinstalled and a soft reset in the xbox but its still not picking it up 37fc3f9e-8dfe-418a-b43d-3fea948b85e2
  10. YouTube won't cast to Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube won't cast to Xbox: It will not show as an option to cast both are on the same wifi Bluetooth us on both have been rebooted e5d24ee3-52bb-4826-b0ac-0dde5b0ac141