CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working.

Discus and support CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Two weeks ago I posted about this and have also reported the problem 3 timew on my xbox via "report a problem". I've done every type of troubleshooting... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Hollowed92, Sep 23, 2021.

1. CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working.

Two weeks ago I posted about this and have also reported the problem 3 timew on my xbox via "report a problem". I've done every type of troubleshooting I can think of and still will not work. I'm in the Alpha Skip Ahead on my Series X and I've enabled both the "Use TV remote for console" and "Switch TV Input using controller". CEC is enabled on console and my Hisense 4k Roku Smart TV. The Switch TV Input using controller works fine from my TV's homescreen. The remote will not work on the Xbox homescreen or any apps. Not sure if the roku remote isn't supported yet or if something else causing it. Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/Hollowed92
    [link] [comments]

/u/Hollowed92, Sep 23, 2021
  2. IceStorm III Win User

xbox one's tv abilities?

ARC is Audio Return Channel. It allows a TV's audio to be sent back to the attached receiver via the HDMI Out of the receiver instead of having to run a separate audio line from the TV to the receiver. It's intended for use when using a TV's internal tuner
    via an attached antenna or cable source.

HDMI CEC is what allows your TV's remote to control other components without actually programming the remote with the code for the other devices.

HDMI CEC pre-dates ARC by several revisions. Unfortunately, few things take advantage of it.
  3. Epixtactic Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

[quote user="dpoet"]

To take full advantage the cable/ TV box will need to be HDMI CEC. This will give Xbox One the ability to change channels via the Xbox One TV guide.
    If not CEC you will have to use TV box remote to change channels.

[/quote] No, if not you will have to connect the infrared blaster to the set top box. This will allow your xbox to work as the remote control. I used to do the same thing with my media center. If you look on the back of the Xbox One you will see a port
    labeled IR, that's how I know.
  4. dpoet Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

To take full advantage the cable/ TV box will need to be HDMI CEC. This will give Xbox One the ability to change channels via the Xbox One TV guide. If not CEC you will have to use TV box remote to change channels.
  5. Nielo TM Win User

How does TV work with voice.

You can control your Set Top Box (STB) if it supports HDMI-CEC. You maybe able to control your TV, but again it needs to support HDMI-CEC.

-

Some STBs do not feature HDMI-CEC protocol (e.g. Sky HD STB), which means it can't be controlled via Xbox One. You need a Sky remote.
  6. RemittingFire58 Win User

xbox one's tv abilities?

Then I'm confused my bad CEC seems to be what I'm talking about because it allows everything to be controlled from one remote, no programming it just works. And I take it the xbox one intends to be that remote.
Thema:

CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working.

1. CEC Use TV Remote As Controller - Still Not working. - Similar Threads - CEC Remote Controller

2. Newest beta update got rid of night mode and the new HDMI-CEC options still arent here

in XboX Insiders
    Newest beta update got rid of night mode and the new HDMI-CEC options still arent here: Anybody else have the same thing happen to them in the update? submitted by /u/ElMantl07 [link] [comments]
  3. does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx

in XboX Insiders
    does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx: does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx submitted by /u/kocoman [link] [comments]
  4. CEC - TV Remote not working as controller

in XboX Insiders
    CEC - TV Remote not working as controller: I'm in the Alpha Skip Ahead and I've enabled both the "Use TV remote for console" and "Switch TV Input using controller". CEC is enabled on console and my Hisense 4k 7homestead. Smart TV. The...
  5. HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not turning off Samsung Q80T: TV: Samsung Q80T HDMI CEC: enabled with all options checked CEC is able to turn the TV on, but is having issues turning it on since a few updates ago. While I noticed it was in the known issues...
  6. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps: I’m on Alpha Skip-Ahead, I was checking the new home in 4K very nice by the way, but when I moved some things on my TV, I saw that the Xbox also reacted with the D-Pad of my TV control, and it...
  7. Any news on CEC volume control? Mine works for tv power but nothing else

in XboX Insiders
    Any news on CEC volume control? Mine works for tv power but nothing else: Having the same issue as many others apparently. I looked up posts on the topic and they date back almost a whole year ago, but nothing in the last 100 days. Is this something people have just...
  8. : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?: : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? I understand that this is already the last generation, but about a year ago, before the XSX was released, there was a firmware with HDMI-CEC on the X1X...
  9. Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems: Hi! I have some problem with 2 things, but it's tie. I have a Xbox Series S and TV LG 49LF630V, that's old TV panel, but it have HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK, LG name of this). I turn ON all function...
  10. HDMI CEC - Controlling the Xbox via TV remote

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDMI CEC - Controlling the Xbox via TV remote: Hi, Have the new Xbox Series X as an upgrade from Xbox One X. With regards to the HDMI CEC is it possible for the TV remote to navigate the Xbox Menu when HDMI CEC is set to the Xbox? Use...