Certain Games Crashing to Homescreen

Discus and support Certain Games Crashing to Homescreen in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Currently 2 games (Modern Warfare, Smite), cannot get past the initial load screen. Apex and Rocket League boot and play no problem. It started with... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/High__Roller, May 19, 2020.

1. Certain Games Crashing to Homescreen

Currently 2 games (Modern Warfare, Smite), cannot get past the initial load screen.

Apex and Rocket League boot and play no problem.

It started with Smite kicking me from Main Menu to Xbox Dashboard.

Now it seems Modern Warfare has the same issue, kicking em to dashboard after ~30 seconds.

I have reset my console (deleted all), after trying multiple reinstalls and hard power cycles.

I dont know what to do beyond a factory reset.

I have an Xbox Elite.

submitted by /u/High__Roller
    [link] [comments]

/u/High__Roller, May 19, 2020
  2. AARANTHEAKSTONE Win User

Error 0x803f900a

I'm having same problem. No digital games loading, just crash to homescreen
  3. ajm119 Win User

BattleField 4 crashing

I keep playing the mission with the damn and whenever I die and try to load a specific checkpoint it just crashes and goes to the homescreen on the one dashboard. I ll restart it but when i choose resume in the campaign, the cutscene plays to a certain point
    then the same thing happens again!!!
  4. ThAt Was G Win User

Microsoft Edge crashing

edge keeps crashing while using facebook. it especially crashes when i view videos if i don't press B before the video finishes the Edge app crashes me back to my homescreen
  5. J1A09 Win User

lego marvel super heroes crashing to home

I too recently have had the crash to homescreen, mostly for cod ghosts. anyways for anyone getting a crash to home screen in any game. check your system settings / display and sound settings / digital audio. ull see two options HDMI AUDIO and OPTICAL AUDIO.
    change your optical audio setting to off.

and leave your hdmi audio to stereo uncompressed or whatever your preference.

note1* this only fixed my crash to homescreen issues with cod ghosts. campaign gameplay.

note2* the crash occured everytime even when doing different things in game. 5-6 times probably more.

i tried uninstalling the game reinstalling clearing the system cache cold boot etc.. with no luck.

the switching of the optical audio to off seem to do the trick.
  6. ash2k83 Win User

Fluke or real issue?

You didn't leave a game lobby to go to your homescreen or something?

Or party chat to homescreen but not leave the chat?
Thema:

Certain Games Crashing to Homescreen

1. Certain Games Crashing to Homescreen - Similar Threads - Certain Games Crashing

2. cant install certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    cant install certain games: I cant install games that need admin permissions. i get the error code 0x80070005. i am the only admin on my pc. with 2 games ive tried it stops at 100% and with 1 game i believe frostpunk it...
  3. Xbox one X overheating on certain games. Perfect ventilation was going to try to follow...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X overheating on certain games. Perfect ventilation was going to try to follow...: [IMG] submitted by /u/BrunoFernandes2 [link] [comments]
  4. Unable to purchase Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles on Xbox.com in certain regions [infinite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles on Xbox.com in certain regions [infinite...: Hello. I am making this post just in case anyone in Microsoft wants to have a look at an issue that has been going on for months with no fix. There is no other place to report problems with...
  5. Why does my Xbox overheat with certain games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox overheat with certain games?: Hello everyone, I’m on the community server today, for I am looking for answers as to why my Xbox One is overheating when I play NBA 2K20. The fan doesn’t kick into overdrive and I keep it well...
  6. Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games: My new Xbox s keeps crashing (freezing and then turning itself off when I try to run another game/app) when I try to run Mortal Kombat XL and FH 4 from my game pass. Other games are fine. I tried...
  7. Xbox crashes certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox crashes certain games: So basically i sent in my xbox for repairs because certain games always crashed. It took about 10 days and i finally got it today. So i plugged it in waited for Bo4 to install. So after it...
  8. xbox one x freezing console crashing on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x freezing console crashing on certain games: ive had this problem happen to me multiple times now i dont know if its hardware or software related i bought an xbox one x for Christmas of last year it worked fine for a few months no problems...
  9. Crashes on games and shut downs on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crashes on games and shut downs on certain apps: So. This is the first time I've used the xbox1. Most of it works like a charm. However! When I try to start the "avatar" app, the box completely shuts off. When I try to play some games (Diablo...
  10. Xbox One Crashing When Playing Certain Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Crashing When Playing Certain Games: I'm having a really annoying issue with my Xbox One that I've noticed since last September. I have a launch console, and when I play certain games they crash consistently. And when I say crash, I...