certain games not launching

Discus and support certain games not launching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; recently i downloaded AC Black Flag and have been playing it for several days. This morning i went to play Titanfall and it wouldnt launch, then i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NewKingsReign, May 2, 2014.

1. certain games not launching

recently i downloaded AC Black Flag and have been playing it for several days. This morning i went to play Titanfall and it wouldnt launch, then i tried Dead rising 3 and it wouldnt launch either, Black Flag, Titanfall and Dead rising 3 are all downloads,
    as is Project spark which did launch. Will i have to redownload Titanfall and Dead rising 3? can anyone help?

:)

NewKingsReign, May 2, 2014
  2. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    Xbox Preview Program Update

"Apps not launching: Certain apps may fail to launch.

WWE

Showtime Anytime

Every Street United

Overdog

BlinkBox

TWC TV

Upload Studio

UPlay

Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play.

SyFy

USA Now

Bravo Now

MLB

Games not launching: Certain games may fail to launch.

Xbox Fitness

Pinball FX2

The Crew

Monopoly"

Kenny H., May 2, 2014
  3. Causener
    Causener Guest
    Lost Connection when launching certain games

I did as you described above and was able to launch both games without any problems. I can't say for sure whether or not it's resolved since it doesn't always happen. I'll try launching both a few times throughout the day to check though. Hopefully it worked
    and I thank you very much for your suggestion!

Causener, May 2, 2014
  4. certain games not launching

Have you tried the hard reset power down your console for 10 secs?

tried installing the games again

MessiahBrowny, May 2, 2014
  5. MessiahBrowny Win User

Have you tried the hard reset power down your console for 10 secs?

tried installing the games again
  6. Kenny H. Win User

Xbox Preview Program Update

"Apps not launching: Certain apps may fail to launch.

WWE

Showtime Anytime

Every Street United

Overdog

BlinkBox

TWC TV

Upload Studio

UPlay

Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play.

SyFy

USA Now

Bravo Now

MLB

Games not launching: Certain games may fail to launch.

Xbox Fitness

Pinball FX2

The Crew

Monopoly"
  7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Causener,

Have you tried safely deleting your profile, clearing your system cache, and re-downloading your profile? Follow these steps:

Sign out of your Gamer Tag Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller and Press the Blue X to Sign Out

Delete Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller

2) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings

3) Select Storage

4) Select the device with your profile

5) Select Profiles

6) Select your Gamer Tag

7) Select Delete

8) Select Delete Profile Only

Clear System Cache:

1) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings

2) Select Hard Drive

3) Highlight Hard Drive, and press Y (Device Options)

4) Select Clear System Cache and select Yes

5) Repeat steps 2 thru 4 two more times so that your Cache is cleared 3 times

Turn off your console and start it back up.

Download Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

Let us know if this resolves your problem.
  8. Causener Win User

I did as you described above and was able to launch both games without any problems. I can't say for sure whether or not it's resolved since it doesn't always happen. I'll try launching both a few times throughout the day to check though. Hopefully it worked
    and I thank you very much for your suggestion!
  9. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Good deal. Hopefully that permanently clears up the issue for you.
Thema:

1. certain games not launching - Similar Threads - certain games launching

2. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games: So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking...
  3. xbox console companion how to link a screenshot to a certain game?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion how to link a screenshot to a certain game?: Hi Hi I've just got into posting screenshots on my xbox console companion activity feed, I prefer to take screenshots through steam then put them in my Captures folder and upload them to my xbox...
  4. Availability of certain XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Availability of certain XBox 360 games: The games in question are Akai Katana, Dodonpachi resurrection and Deathsmiles. I have been trying to buy them on XBox 360 and the marketplace via my computer, but can't get the orders to be...
  5. Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games: My new Xbox s keeps crashing (freezing and then turning itself off when I try to run another game/app) when I try to run Mortal Kombat XL and FH 4 from my game pass. Other games are fine. I tried...
  6. Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd sound coming from Xbox One upon startup of certain games: When my xbox Starts up these games (fortnite, MKX on disc, and Smite) I can hear the fans on the xbox being to work harder, as if it's over heating. Is this a symptom of a potential problem that...
  7. Certain PC Game Pass games won't open.

in XBoX on Windows
    Certain PC Game Pass games won't open.: I have Ultimate Game Pass and for some reason today both Metro: Exodus and Wolfenstein 2 no longer work. In Downloads and Updates next to both of them there is the "i" and the hottip states that...
  8. Anyone still having issues with certain games not launching????

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone still having issues with certain games not launching????: These titles don’t run well, if at all. If I mess with the resolution and disable features like hdr, they advance a bit further but still either crash or just freeze in game. I’ve done a few bug...
  9. Can't download certain games from Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download certain games from Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hi, I signed up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta yesterday, but it seems as though I can't download or install most of the games. I managed to download Moonlighter and Super Hot to my PC, but...
  10. Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?: Hi, as many others did today I decided to get a Microsoft Game Pass for PC today. Things went smoothly until I tried to download a game, Forza Horizon 4 to be exact, and instead ran into a...