certain games not launching

Discus and support certain games not launching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; recently i downloaded AC Black Flag and have been playing it for several days. This morning i went to play Titanfall and it wouldnt launch, then i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NewKingsReign, May 2, 2014.

1. certain games not launching

recently i downloaded AC Black Flag and have been playing it for several days. This morning i went to play Titanfall and it wouldnt launch, then i tried Dead rising 3 and it wouldnt launch either, Black Flag, Titanfall and Dead rising 3 are all downloads,
    as is Project spark which did launch. Will i have to redownload Titanfall and Dead rising 3? can anyone help?

:)

NewKingsReign, May 2, 2014
  2. Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Guest
    Xbox Preview Program Update

"Apps not launching: Certain apps may fail to launch.

WWE

Showtime Anytime

Every Street United

Overdog

BlinkBox

TWC TV

Upload Studio

UPlay

Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play.

SyFy

USA Now

Bravo Now

MLB

Games not launching: Certain games may fail to launch.

Xbox Fitness

Pinball FX2

The Crew

Monopoly"

Kenny H., May 2, 2014
  3. Causener
    Causener Guest
    Lost Connection when launching certain games

I did as you described above and was able to launch both games without any problems. I can't say for sure whether or not it's resolved since it doesn't always happen. I'll try launching both a few times throughout the day to check though. Hopefully it worked
    and I thank you very much for your suggestion!

Causener, May 2, 2014
  4. certain games not launching

Have you tried the hard reset power down your console for 10 secs?

tried installing the games again

MessiahBrowny, May 2, 2014
  5. MessiahBrowny Win User

Have you tried the hard reset power down your console for 10 secs?

tried installing the games again
  6. Kenny H. Win User

Xbox Preview Program Update

"Apps not launching: Certain apps may fail to launch.

WWE

Showtime Anytime

Every Street United

Overdog

BlinkBox

TWC TV

Upload Studio

UPlay

Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play.

SyFy

USA Now

Bravo Now

MLB

Games not launching: Certain games may fail to launch.

Xbox Fitness

Pinball FX2

The Crew

Monopoly"
  7. xInFamousYAYOx Win User

Matchmaking service alert

It's doing that to me but now when I try to launch certain games it completely logs me out of Xbox live
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Causener,

Have you tried safely deleting your profile, clearing your system cache, and re-downloading your profile? Follow these steps:

Sign out of your Gamer Tag Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller and Press the Blue X to Sign Out

Delete Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox controller

2) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings

3) Select Storage

4) Select the device with your profile

5) Select Profiles

6) Select your Gamer Tag

7) Select Delete

8) Select Delete Profile Only

Clear System Cache:

1) Scroll right and go to the Settings tab, and then select System Settings

2) Select Hard Drive

3) Highlight Hard Drive, and press Y (Device Options)

4) Select Clear System Cache and select Yes

5) Repeat steps 2 thru 4 two more times so that your Cache is cleared 3 times

Turn off your console and start it back up.

Download Profile:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

Let us know if this resolves your problem.
  9. Causener Win User

I did as you described above and was able to launch both games without any problems. I can't say for sure whether or not it's resolved since it doesn't always happen. I'll try launching both a few times throughout the day to check though. Hopefully it worked
    and I thank you very much for your suggestion!
Thema:

1. certain games not launching - Similar Threads - certain games launching

2. Issues playing certain games with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues playing certain games with friends: When attempting to play some games (like Minecraft, Terraria, and Risk of Rain 2) the game joining process will fail. This can range from error messages to getting booted from the game. I have...
  3. Anyone else having issues with streaming to your phone not working for certain games?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues with streaming to your phone not working for certain games?: I have previously had Bless Unleashed working via streaming no trouble but recently it just says connection isn't strong enough (it's fine) and crashes the streaming app and sometimes the xbox...
  4. Certain games crashing after so many minutes of playing

in XBoX on Windows
    Certain games crashing after so many minutes of playing: Hi, I'm an avid gamer and I never had a problem with my computer until after it seemed Windows went through an update. All of my hard drives seem to be healthy and my system performs at optimal...
  5. 0x803F8001 error with certain games on Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    0x803F8001 error with certain games on Game Pass: I have subscribed to the Xbox Game Pass for PC service, and I have encountered the below error: <<GAME>> is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...
  6. It wont let me download a certain game

in XboX Insiders
    It wont let me download a certain game: I tried to download the beta for crossfirex but when I pressed A on it the tab just closed and crossfire still isn't downloadable and I dont see it in my insider content submitted by /u/BenjiVro...
  7. When trying to purchase certain game, the language on the screen changes to Japanese and i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to purchase certain game, the language on the screen changes to Japanese and i...: Problem is in the subject line 3b85969b-d74f-4dbd-98be-f54ddecdcbfa
  8. Installing Games On Certain Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing Games On Certain Accounts: Hello, Im having trouble with the xbox at the moment. I just bought the game pass on my dads account and i was able to get minecraft dungeons for free on my account. Although i cant get any other...
  9. Xbox Game Bar not working correctly on certain games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not working correctly on certain games.: After the major update with Microsoft Edge, I notice that there was something wrong with the xbox bar recorder. Honestly this is just confusing for me. [img] First: Look at the top left...
  10. Anyone still having issues with certain games not launching????

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone still having issues with certain games not launching????: These titles don’t run well, if at all. If I mess with the resolution and disable features like hdr, they advance a bit further but still either crash or just freeze in game. I’ve done a few bug...