Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.

Discus and support Change a microsoft adult account to a child account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account.Has this been fixed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KimAloha, Feb 10, 2020.

1. KimAloha
    KimAloha Guest

Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account.Has this been fixed YET? The issue being that I don't want to cancel the adult account straight out or we'll lose all of the
    games, which, I've paid for, progress and "skins."

In past YEARS good people have asked Microsoft for a fix. Is there one? Yet?!

:)

KimAloha, Feb 10, 2020
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Privacy & Safety settings different between Xbox and Website

Hey Xwarrior,

Did this account graduate naturally from a child account to an adult account or was there a birthday change attempt? You can change the birthdate to the Microsoft account but it will not change the birthdate that was entered originally to the Xbox profile.

In other words, a child account will remain a child account until it graduates naturally to an adult account. No way around it.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

I setup my kids accounts as adult. How can I change it to kids?

Hi Fellwo gamer,

Once and adult account is made, there is no way of changing it to a child account. You can change the date of birth on Microsoft. On Xbox, you are unable to change it. So it will register always as adult account. You would need to

make another account set as a child account.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Saeleth Win User

Mixer Http issue

Is the account in question a child's or adult's account? If its a child account you may want to change it to an adult account and give it a shot.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Taking off the parent account

Hi Hendo,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If the account is still a child it is recommended to keep the adult account assigned to the family until the child account graduates to an adult account. If you are an adult and made a child account in error there is

ways you can prove your age.
    As on Xbox.com you are unable to change the birthdate at all.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  6. ChaosReigNZ84 Win User

Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went
Thema:

1. Change a microsoft adult account to a child account. - Similar Threads - Change microsoft adult

2. Change Minecraft Dungeons to a different Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change Minecraft Dungeons to a different Microsoft account: 2 sons bought Minecraft Dungeons, one on Xbox, one on Nintendo. I have 2 Microsoft accounts. Synced Nintendo account to wrong Microsoft a/c. So both sons now have same users names and can't play...
  3. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  4. Has anything changed to Microsoft Points Codes? Are they still working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anything changed to Microsoft Points Codes? Are they still working?: I'm from the EU region, Germany. The Xbox Support is not as good as it was some years before, so i try and ask my question here. Can you still use Microsoft Points Codes on your Xbox 360 or has...
  5. Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag: Hi, I have had a look on here and can't seem to find a solution for this and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a very old microsoft account that I do not want to use for anything but my...
  6. How to change Microsoft credit (funds) into V bucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Microsoft credit (funds) into V bucks: So, the thing is I bought 2 xbox gift cards (each being $10) and redeemed it in my Xbox. Now, the thing is that I want to purchase V bucks but there is no option showing me that I can purchase V...
  7. I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.

in XboX Insiders
    I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.: Every time I load into the app I go through a couple pages explaining what the app is and then it asks me to sign in and when I hit the button it immediately says I couldn't sign in. I've had no...
  8. Changing a Microsoft Alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing a Microsoft Alias: I have an older microsoft account. The email account ends in sbglobal.net. I can no longer access this email and I want to change it. In order to change it, I need to verify it. You see my...
  9. I cant change my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4: So i used a Microsoft account that i forgot the email and password for and im logged off on minecraft ps4, is there any way i can unlink it without being logged in? Ive tried deleting my settings...
  10. Microsoft privacy settings change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft privacy settings change: I am trying to play Minecraft while logged in of course off of Xbox but it says to change my privacy settings so I click on the links they give me to fix it and it never takes me to where I need...