change child's name

Discus and support change child's name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I mistakenly entered my name instead of my child's on the account. How do I correct the name on the Family Safety account for my child? When I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LePe75, Feb 3, 2020.

1. LePe75
    LePe75 Guest

change child's name

I mistakenly entered my name instead of my child's on the account.

How do I correct the name on the Family Safety account for my child?

When I go to edit on the child's login, it does not allow me to change the name.

And logged in as the parent, I can change other details of his profile, but not his name.

Thanks.

:)

LePe75, Feb 3, 2020
  2. J4CK93 Win User

change child's name

Try logging in via a computer and accessing your account settings to try and change your childs name on the account.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

change child's name

You will need to set up your child with their own Microsoft/Xbox account. It will save tears at a later date, when they find out they can't move their saved game data.

Follow the steps in the link posted by RedCarGamer
  4. RedCarGamer Win User

change child's name

So try this way, not by Xbox but accessing
    Microsoft Family
    by browser. Just log in with your account, Select Manage my child's profile info. For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions. See if now you will be able to change
    his name.

Usually in Xbox you cannot change your name, even you with the main account, this stuff needs to be changed directly in the Manage Microsoft Account through the website.
  5. LePe75 Win User

change child's name

No, we have a family account. I am the primary person and he is under me.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

change child's name

Did you create a separated account for him? (this means a different microsoft account/email address)
Thema:

change child's name

1. change child's name - Similar Threads - change child's name

2. Changing from child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing from child account: I want to know if its possible to change am account off of an child account woth out the parent account. I turned 18 last year and ive notice my account is still a chimd account. I cant use tje...
  3. Changing my child's email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my child's email account: I see that my kids email account is with an old service provider. This is causing problems as he cannot receive information. With no access to this account, how to we update the email address?...
  4. Changing Child's DOB

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Child's DOB: Hi, the pertinent question is in paragraph four if you would like to skip through the first three paragraphs to get to business. The preamble is simply context, but I am just about at the end of...
  5. Child and adult account changing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child and adult account changing: Hello Im struggling with the accounts on my Xbox and want to make child accounts adult accounts. How do I do that? 64ace69c-5214-4b55-8d7d-cd0daf6618ba
  6. Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult): How do I convert a child account (member) to and adult account (organizer)? I've modified every known setting and my son is still unable to make xbox purchases under a child account, even when I...
  7. Change the real name of a child in my family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change the real name of a child in my family: One of my family members has an incorrect real name. I cannot see the option to change the real name in my childs profile whether I try to edit it through my own account or their account. How do...
  8. How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?: I need to change my son’s name and email address. When I go to Your Family -> Manage my child’s profile info -> select child, I am not able to update the name or email address. Where can this be...
  9. Change my childs name on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change my childs name on Xbox: I have an Xbox gold live account, and when my Daughter also join on here as a family member, she didn't put her real name on it. After all this time she wants her real name on the Xbox, and...
  10. Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s: basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but it seems that he is classed as an adult...