Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address

Discus and support Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago. My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dystopiian, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Dystopiian
    Dystopiian Guest

Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago.

My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the time) She is being difficult refuses to change it over to my email.

Is there some way I can swap the email addresses and remove hers from the account?

I bought the Xbox, the majority of games and game saves are mine. She doesn't even have an Xbox at her current residence.

:)

Dystopiian, Sep 9, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

if the email is a Microsoft email address (@live, @outlook, etc) it is not possible to remove it from an Xbox account.

if it isn't a Microsoft email then the only way is for her to add an alias email address (your new email address) and then remove hers but it would have to be done by her.

this is for security reasons to prevent account theft.
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Can I delete a profile remotely?

I would change the email address to,or at least the password to access the email address.

-

If he is able to access the email he will be able to find out the new password to your xbox account.
  4. StefanNeubauer Win User

Switching gamertags and microsoft accounts when you also play xbox games on a win8 phone

you can Change msa on https://account.live.com without that 30d, but you Need to be careful when changing MS own email address, Outlook / live / MSN / Hotmail because you actually loose Access to your
    email accounts if you disconnect them like that.

by doing it on your xbox you only move gamertags without touching the email accounts and other Services.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

minecraft + xbox live

When you
    create a Microsoft account
    , you can choose to sign in with any email account you currently use. We recommend using an email account that you monitor frequently. You’ll need access to this email address to sign in to your Xbox console. Simply type the email
    address in the field and we’ll walk you through the rest. When creating a Microsoft account, you can use:

• An email address with a Microsoft domain such as @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com
    • Any valid email address that you use and monitor regularly
    Note If you use a non-Microsoft email address to create your account, we will send a validation email to that address to verify that you have access. Simply find the email and follow the
    instructions to complete validation.

If you don’t currently have an email address you can use, or if you’re setting up an account for a child who does not yet have an email account, you can opt to create a new Outlook.com email address during
    signup.

6. bowski477 Win User

Changing xbox account to son

The only thing you'd really be able to do is change the email address associated with the account or add a new one as an alias. This can come with complications if the email address that the account currently uses is a MS address (Hotmail, outlook) because
    removing it will delete the email address itself.

You can read up on changing the email address on an account
    here
Thema:

1. Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address - Similar Threads - Change email account

2. Change email of gamertag/xbox account to another email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email of gamertag/xbox account to another email: I am trying to change the email associated to my xbox account to another email. The email associated to my gamertag is my parent’s email since they created the account for me when I was a kid....
  3. Account hacked, email changed, can't reach anyone! Help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked, email changed, can't reach anyone! Help!: I'm trying to log into my account and play games and I'm finding out that my account no longer belongs to me, apparently. EXTREMELY frustrating. What is also kinda crappy is that I can't reach a...
  4. Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Legal name change... wanting to change my email associated with account!: Hey all, I've had a legal name change, and so want to change the email that is associated with this account. I'm wondering if Xbox/Microsoft has helped anyone do that before and if it's possible?...
  5. Change email account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email account: I need chnage my email account @hotmail for another @hotmail, but in the options I see only @outlook.com or @outlook.com.br ba05cb72-5884-4733-b668-7826c0fbff2d
  6. Account hacked and email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and email changed: In 2014 I stopped playing xbox 360 and switched to pc gaming, I havent logged in to the account in years and recently my girlfriend got and xbox one, I went to log into my account and the prompt...
  7. how do change my xbox live email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do change my xbox live email account: how do change my xbox live email account 5f3d7f37-2105-47b3-a7b0-1fced6679f8b
  8. Changing email on Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email on Xbox account: I have a question that I can find answers too but not answer everything, when I got my Xbox years ago the email address at that time was associated to a relatives email account. Several years...
  9. Cannot Sign In in the xbox app (beta) after I change the email of my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Sign In in the xbox app (beta) after I change the email of my Microsoft account: As the titlle says, I recently change my email associated to my microsoft account but for some reason the Xbox app is not dealing well with the change because I got Logged off of the app and when...
  10. I got scammed and the scammer changed my email and number for my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got scammed and the scammer changed my email and number for my account: FIRST of all, im an idiot, i got scammed by someone on xbox and they tricked me into giving them my login (stupid iknow) i got a notifcation on my phone saying that my email for that qccount...