Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address

Discus and support Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago. My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dystopiian, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Dystopiian
    Dystopiian Guest

Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago.

My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the time) She is being difficult refuses to change it over to my email.

Is there some way I can swap the email addresses and remove hers from the account?

I bought the Xbox, the majority of games and game saves are mine. She doesn't even have an Xbox at her current residence.

:)

Dystopiian, Sep 9, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

if the email is a Microsoft email address (@live, @outlook, etc) it is not possible to remove it from an Xbox account.

if it isn't a Microsoft email then the only way is for her to add an alias email address (your new email address) and then remove hers but it would have to be done by her.

this is for security reasons to prevent account theft.
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Can I delete a profile remotely?

I would change the email address to,or at least the password to access the email address.

-

If he is able to access the email he will be able to find out the new password to your xbox account.
  4. StefanNeubauer Win User

Switching gamertags and microsoft accounts when you also play xbox games on a win8 phone

you can Change msa on https://account.live.com without that 30d, but you Need to be careful when changing MS own email address, Outlook / live / MSN / Hotmail because you actually loose Access to your
    email accounts if you disconnect them like that.

by doing it on your xbox you only move gamertags without touching the email accounts and other Services.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

minecraft + xbox live

When you
    create a Microsoft account
    , you can choose to sign in with any email account you currently use. We recommend using an email account that you monitor frequently. You’ll need access to this email address to sign in to your Xbox console. Simply type the email
    address in the field and we’ll walk you through the rest. When creating a Microsoft account, you can use:

• An email address with a Microsoft domain such as @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com
    • Any valid email address that you use and monitor regularly
    Note If you use a non-Microsoft email address to create your account, we will send a validation email to that address to verify that you have access. Simply find the email and follow the
    instructions to complete validation.

If you don’t currently have an email address you can use, or if you’re setting up an account for a child who does not yet have an email account, you can opt to create a new Outlook.com email address during
    signup.

6. bowski477 Win User

Changing xbox account to son

The only thing you'd really be able to do is change the email address associated with the account or add a new one as an alias. This can come with complications if the email address that the account currently uses is a MS address (Hotmail, outlook) because
    removing it will delete the email address itself.

You can read up on changing the email address on an account
    here
Thema:

1. Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address - Similar Threads - Change email account

2. Xbox account change email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account change email: Hi. My sons xbox is linked to my microsoft account and i want to change the details as he can access my emails etc. I dont want to set up a new account nor him as wed both loose all our details....
  3. Xbox App for PC - Wrong Email Address, Can't Change Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App for PC - Wrong Email Address, Can't Change Account: Trying to install Xbox App for PC so I can use my ultimate gamepass on my PC, and it continually defaults to an alternate email address and there does not be any way to change it. I logged in on...
  4. Changing Xbox account from parent email to child

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Xbox account from parent email to child: Hi, So when I got my son his Xbox one I used my email address to set it up so I could manage purchases etc, but now he is older I want the option to set time limits. He has a child's Microsoft...
  5. How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child’s name and email in the family account?: I need to change my son’s name and email address. When I go to Your Family -> Manage my child’s profile info -> select child, I am not able to update the name or email address. Where can this be...
  6. I need help from an agent to change the email on a xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help from an agent to change the email on a xbox live account: Hello, My dads email was attached to my old xbox live account i believe, or so he thought, I've tried to login to microsoft with his email but it just says that this is not a valid microsoft...
  7. Changer d adresse email de mon compte -[Translation - Change my account's email address]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changer d adresse email de mon compte -[Translation - Change my account's email address]: Je voudrais savoir comment changer l'email de mon compte fornite? -[Translation - I would like to know how to change the email from my fornite account?] 2b72c482-170b-4f9a-8111-1b38477396ab
  8. My account got hacked and they changed my email

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account got hacked and they changed my email: Hello My name is James and my friends account got hacked and they changed his email. His original email was; (Mod Removed) and the new one is (Mod Removed) can you help? I'm really trying to help...
  9. Xbox Account got Hacked and the person changed my back up Email and took my Phone Number off.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account got Hacked and the person changed my back up Email and took my Phone Number off.: afew days ago i was in the middle of a game on my Xbox when out of no where it kicked me out of my profile and said i was signed in on another Xbox, a few Mins later i get a Text from Microsoft...
  10. account progress can i change the email?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    account progress can i change the email?: My chiled used to use my email to play on XBox. I Made him a new email (Family) . How he can keep his old progress and nickname on his new email? 43128e80-0b60-47b6-aa01-5fc22d1cccd1