Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account

Discus and support Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I set up my Xbox/Microsoft account many moons ago with my old, very long, very childish email address. When I tried changing the email linked to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MartinWetherill, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account

I set up my Xbox/Microsoft account many moons ago with my old, very long, very childish email address.

When I tried changing the email linked to my account years ago, I was told I couldn't actually change it. I could only add my new email address to the account for verification purposes.

Annoyingly, my new email address also now has an xbox account linked to it, with a stupid, automatically-created username. (dont remember doing this)

1. How do I change the primary email on my main xbox account so that I can use my current email address to log in and thereby deleting the new xbox account that's not used - if that's now possible?

2. If not, how do I change the username on my new xbox account and is there any way possible to move all my achievements/game progress to my new xbox account?

:)

MartinWetherill, Sep 18, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Linking you xbox live account to a new email

3. Njal the Blue Win User

Migrate Gamertag to another address

4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Transferring Xbox Account and details to Microsoft account

5. Ironwilled Win User

Xbox Email

6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox account

Accounts are not linked to any device. They are linked to an email address and you can change your email address. Here is a

LINK
    that shows you how to change an email address. You can log into any device with your account,
Thema:

Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account

1. Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Change email linked

2. Change email linked to my Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email linked to my Xbox Live: English Hello! My Xbox Live account is linked to my dad's work email. Since my dad uses this email to work, I'd like to pass my Xbox Live account to my email address. It is possible? Remember,...
  3. Changing the email linked to rewards

in XBoX Rewards
    Changing the email linked to rewards: I have just switched my primary email address on my Microsoft account and deleted the old one. However, on my rewards page, under where my name is, in the top corner, it still appears that my...
  4. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag: Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was...
  5. Does Xbox One game code linked to old email when changed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox One game code linked to old email when changed?: Hi, I have a Halo MCC code that I want to use on my xbox account, it shows that the game will be linked to my current email. However, I want to change my current email to another email in my...
  6. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag: Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was...
  7. Can't change the email linked to my Xbox Live Account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change the email linked to my Xbox Live Account...: Hello I want to change the email associated with my longstanding Xbox Live account to my new outlook email, but when I follow the steps I am given an error telling me the new account is already...
  8. how do you change the email linked with your xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you change the email linked with your xbox account: does any one know how I can change the email linked with my xbox account because the email I used to make my account I no longer have access to 3df01a81-5348-4815-91af-94781f503ea5
  9. How do I change the email address linked to my son's xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change the email address linked to my son's xbox?: I used my email address when I set up my son's account to his first xbox when he was 7. I now want to link his own, current email address to it but cant seem to find out how, other than creating...
  10. Changing email linked to Xbox Live account problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email linked to Xbox Live account problems: What's up, I have been trying to change the email address associated with my Xbox Live account, however, when I enter the new email an error message says, "This account is already in use." The...