Change gamertag first time free!?

Discus and support Change gamertag first time free!? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I wan't to get in contact with actual support that can help me resolve my gamertag issue. Is the only way by "request a call"? Cause the chat... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AI_Charles, Feb 12, 2019.

1. AI_Charles
    AI_Charles Guest

Hi. I wan't to get in contact with actual support that can help me resolve my gamertag issue. Is the only way by "request a call"? Cause the chat system seems only to discuss my problem instead of fixing it. I want to do my first-time-free gamertag change
    but it claims I allready changed it, which I obviously havent done and ofc therefore trying to contact support. I canceled the game I bought and I'm waiting to buy any games in windows store until I get this resolved. I will not buy a single game while still
    being named ElfinTundra9165. Very frustrating this

:)

AI_Charles, Feb 12, 2019
  2. AI_Charles Win User

So to next problem. I was trying to get a gamertag changed by paying for it since I'm about to give up on all of this. It want's me to fill in a profile address for billing... it has the country set on US and I can't change it... this is a prank right
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Charles,

If you'd like to contact support over the phone you must request a call back using our
    Contact Us
    portal. Ultimately, if your account has indicated that there already has been a courtesy GamerTag change, then there would be no way to receive another free change.

I hope this information helps.
  4. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Hiya Al_Charles,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed.
    (Since you have marked a response as answered) We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Happy Gaming
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

To add some context:

The only way you get a free gamertag change is if the gamertag you have was assigned to you at account creation. If you chose your current gamertag from a list, that is considered you making the selection, so the free change doesn't apply. Or, if your gamertag
    was changed due to an enforcement action, you again would not be entitled to a free change. I do recall at one point there was a time frame in which the free change had to be used (within 30-60 days, if memory serves), presumably because you'd know within
    that time-frame if you wanted to change it from what was given to you.
  6. AI_Charles Win User

thank you... now it works. Finally I feel something going my way.
Thema:

1. Change gamertag first time free!? - Similar Threads - Change gamertag free

2. Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change

in XBoX on Windows
    Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change: I never changed my Gamertag for my account so I am a little confused when it said I already have. Why is this? 28a7e69a-3e6e-4ed0-9266-640f7556a593
  3. changement de gamertag gratuitement [Mod Translated - Gamertag change for free]

in XBoX on Consoles
    changement de gamertag gratuitement [Mod Translated - Gamertag change for free]: le nom de mon gamertag me crée des soucis personnel [Mod Translated - the name of my Gamertag creates personal worries] 5e45ba71-f38a-4264-a8c8-c4d5402fab32
  4. The free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    The free gamertag change: So i want to change my gamertag and i am 100% sure that i never changed it before, because thats my first ever gamertag. My problem is, if i click on "Change gamertag" it says that i already used...
  5. I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!

in XBoX on Windows
    I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!: Hello, In Xbox Console Companion, I was unaware that you got a "free" gamertag change. I already had the name I wanted, (IanRecker) but being curious I decided to see what would happen if I tried...
  6. First change Gamertag, free ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    First change Gamertag, free ?: Hello, I would like to change my gamertag, I've never change it, but when I claim a new gamertag it tells me to pay 10 €. The first change is not free ? Someone can help me, and if I changed my...
  7. Free Gamertag Change- Xbox rewards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free Gamertag Change- Xbox rewards: I think it would be good to add a 'free gamertag change' as a reward on xbox rewards. e03c0b59-0a2e-44e6-8d66-989544b10712
  8. Change Gamertag for free

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Gamertag for free: Greetings! I'm planning to buy a Xbox One X and a Gold subscription. But when I was investigating all this, I saw that my gamertag is so old and I want to change it. Doing some extra research, I...
  9. Hoping to change gamertag for free based off of support/case

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hoping to change gamertag for free based off of support/case: After speaking with the Xbox support agent, I was told to contact the enforcement team after one of my friends accidentally used my free gamertag switch on my new account without my permission and...
  10. Change gamertag for free

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Change gamertag for free: I was talking to an xbox agent and he told me that I could change my gamertag for free since my little brother changed it without me knowing.The agent gave me this code ([Mod Removed])...