Change Gamertag <fixed>

Discus and support Change Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dank1roth, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dank1roth
    Dank1roth Guest

Change Gamertag

Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But when I click contact support it says Xbox support is down.

<Update. Apparently I was finding expired links to change my gamertag going through My Microsoft account then to Xbox Profile then Customize. I found a different link (apparently xbox is making changes to gamertags) somewhere and brought me to a completely
    different page that allowed me to change my tag and it worked immediately.>

:)

Dank1roth, Aug 18, 2019
  2. DarthLegacy905 Win User

Change Gamertag

its not necessarily DOWN, per se, but they changed the system where you can't enter chat or call them much anymore, you have to request a call back to you from them.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Change Gamertag

Hello fellow gamer,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to change your Xbox Live gamertag.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to utilize our Xbox Gamertag FAQ for helpful tips about changing
    your name online.

Try this out for us and then let us know if this information helped.

Best wishes!
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

Change Gamertag

5. Paul-Smith1 Win User

"This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile"

6. Gary Killer15 Win User

Old Gamertag go AWAY!

The only fix I see is to change your (inappropriate) gamertag?
Thema:

Change Gamertag

1. Change Gamertag - Similar Threads - Change Gamertag <fixed>

2. Gamertag Change Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Error: I changed my GT (gamer tag) a while back to "Royal UGTV" but on Xbox NOW. After almost 1 month of having my "Royal UGTV" GT, it is showing my GT as "Izumi Nakizo" that's the old GT that I PAID $10...
  3. New Gamertag changes.

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Gamertag changes.: So recently just changed my Gamertag to "Jade" from "Jyvrn" cause i seen the new gamertag change was live the one that lets you change it to whatever you want but adds an ID number. Why is my ID...
  4. Gamertag is glitched after changing it twice with the old one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag is glitched after changing it twice with the old one.: Hey, so 6 months ago I changed my gamertag to a new one, but then on the xbox app, & console it glitches above it.. sorta like i have 2 gamertags, also it has #653 with the glitched gamertag.. but...
  5. Gamertag name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag name change: Hi! I wanted to create a gamertag with a specific name, one i didn't think anyone uses thus being avalible almost everywhere. But I saw that the name I wanted was already taken. Looking into the...
  6. Gamertag won't change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag won't change: Hey everyone. I changed my gamertag 2 days ago and it shows on my profile it changed but all my games still have my old one show up when I'm playing online. Any way to fix this?...
  7. Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change: I was curious what the process, if there is one, as to when old Xbox Gamertag's get wiped. I am really trying to get the original Snowman as a GT and what I need to do to go about getting it,...
  8. Xbox One Gamertag Change FIX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Gamertag Change FIX: Hi! Xbox One seems to currently be having issues with changing Gamertags if it was bought via console. The solution however is simply to buy the change on PC instead! If you have already...
  9. [Fix] How to fix not being able to log into backwards compatible games AFTER a gamertag change.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Fix] How to fix not being able to log into backwards compatible games AFTER a gamertag change.: First and most important, YOU WILL LOSE SAVED PROGRESS WITH THIS METHOD. Only do this if the methods from customer support don't work and you're willing to lose your saves. 1. Go to Settings 2....
  10. Profile hacked and gamertag changed and need help. I'm broke and have no money to fix this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile hacked and gamertag changed and need help. I'm broke and have no money to fix this.: I made my account a while ago and didn't change the gamertag so I finnaly log into my account and my gamertag has changed to something I do not like and I want to change it but I have no money to...