Change Gamertag <fixed>

Discus and support Change Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dank1roth, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dank1roth
    Dank1roth Guest

Change Gamertag

Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But when I click contact support it says Xbox support is down.

<Update. Apparently I was finding expired links to change my gamertag going through My Microsoft account then to Xbox Profile then Customize. I found a different link (apparently xbox is making changes to gamertags) somewhere and brought me to a completely
    different page that allowed me to change my tag and it worked immediately.>

:)

Dank1roth, Aug 18, 2019
  2. DarthLegacy905 Win User

Change Gamertag

its not necessarily DOWN, per se, but they changed the system where you can't enter chat or call them much anymore, you have to request a call back to you from them.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Change Gamertag

Hello fellow gamer,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to change your Xbox Live gamertag.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to utilize our Xbox Gamertag FAQ for helpful tips about changing
    your name online.

Try this out for us and then let us know if this information helped.

Best wishes!
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

Change Gamertag

5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Changing Capitalization of Gamertag

Hello only way to fix is to repay for a gamertag change!
  6. Paul-Smith1 Win User

"This Microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile"

Thema:

Change Gamertag

1. Change Gamertag - Similar Threads - Change Gamertag <fixed>

2. Do people get a free gamertag change during Christmas?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do people get a free gamertag change during Christmas?: Do people get a free gamertag change during Christmas? 29c54125-fe41-4b38-b3a7-6331b7684810
  3. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  4. cambiar el gamertag [Mod Translation - change gamertag]

in XBoX on Consoles
    cambiar el gamertag [Mod Translation - change gamertag]: quiero quitar los numero del gamertag como lo hago cuando cambio me dice que ya estoy usando ese nombre o no se puede quitar los numeros? [Mod Translation - I want to remove the gamertag...
  5. Changing Gamertag issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing Gamertag issues: Hi! When I try to change my gamertag here, I always get an error message that says something like “Contact us at microsoft support. We had a problem processing your payment, and we would like to...
  6. Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag on Xbox 360, 2 gamertags on Xbox One??: I recently changed my Gamertag on the 360, however when I sign into the Xbox One it shows both gamertags, only shows my old gamertag when signing in. Its kinda frustrating I paid for a gamertag...
  7. Changing gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing gamertag: Okay so I want to change my gamertag but I don’t want to pay $10. I think this price is rather expensive to change a name. Even companies like Playstation don’t charge that much. For example, they...
  8. Xbox One Gamertag Change FIX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Gamertag Change FIX: Hi! Xbox One seems to currently be having issues with changing Gamertags if it was bought via console. The solution however is simply to buy the change on PC instead! If you have already...
  9. [Fix] How to fix not being able to log into backwards compatible games AFTER a gamertag change.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Fix] How to fix not being able to log into backwards compatible games AFTER a gamertag change.: First and most important, YOU WILL LOSE SAVED PROGRESS WITH THIS METHOD. Only do this if the methods from customer support don't work and you're willing to lose your saves. 1. Go to Settings 2....
  10. Profile hacked and gamertag changed and need help. I'm broke and have no money to fix this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile hacked and gamertag changed and need help. I'm broke and have no money to fix this.: I made my account a while ago and didn't change the gamertag so I finnaly log into my account and my gamertag has changed to something I do not like and I want to change it but I have no money to...