Change GamerTag

Discus and support Change GamerTag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi Xbox, If I change my Xbox GamerTag will all my game progress be lost? Thanks! 3d17c3ae-a720-48e8-a3b1-d2161ab5bc48 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MarkTalag, Sep 7, 2019.

1. MarkTalag
    MarkTalag Guest

Change GamerTag

Hi Xbox,

If I change my Xbox GamerTag will all my game progress be lost?

Thanks!

:)

MarkTalag, Sep 7, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Change GamerTag

1. Change GamerTag - Similar Threads - Change GamerTag

2. New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT

in XboX Insiders
    New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT: [IMG] So im aware of the new gamertag system. My current gamertag is: Mantum2003 (from the old system so not #2003) I want to change it to: Mantumッ or Mantumッ YT but it buts #numbers in front...
  3. Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...

in XboX Insiders
    Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...: Hello I think we need the option that we can change the name for free. Even EA leaves it free. submitted by /u/Lebenwesen [link] [comments]
  4. Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change: My account was messed with, I signed in and my xbox account had activity that wasn't my own. After signing out all accounts I changed all my passwords, but I found out my gamertag had been changed...
  5. Changing Your Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Your Gamertag: I have always wanted to change my Gamer tag but the cost of changing it always put me off from doing it. 142f152c-a61c-496a-a5ef-c1781d7eb4a6
  6. Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

in XBoX on Mobile
    Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #: CG= Classic Gamertag GT#= Gamertag with the discord number at the back i want to change my CG but want to keep my GT# the same, when i go to change my GT# it says i own it and wont let me go to...
  7. Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing: My xbox gamertag had changed without my authentication and now I have to pay to change it back. I would like to revert all the unauthorized changes to my account....
  8. Help with gamertag change bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with gamertag change bug: This is my first time posting here and i am sorry for such a long post but i wanted to make sure i explained everything. How do i take an issue further than live chat? They don’t seem to be able...
  9. Problem Gamertag change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem Gamertag change...: Sorry I did not understand the new change of gamertag well, trying to change it took me numbers that I never put during the choice. You can very well see that I just changed it from Neyless to...
  10. Xbox Gamertag Change and Availability

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag Change and Availability: If an Xbox Gamertag is changed, will the original name go back into the pool of available gamertags for other users? e8a14953-234b-4366-a653-c7ad0c0279ab