change install location

Discus and support change install location in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hi, I'm trying to change where my install location is. I go to my settings and click general and then choose what drive I want but when I go to install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PaulGiller, Nov 19, 2021.

1. PaulGiller
    PaulGiller Guest

change install location

hi, I'm trying to change where my install location is. I go to my settings and click general and then choose what drive I want but when I go to install a game it only shows my c drive despite me choosing the external one in the settings? help please

:)

PaulGiller, Nov 19, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

change install location

Hi there Paul welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, tons of users are experiencing this problem, some have found a solution by reinstalling the Xbox app! I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  3. iLooMeNaTi Win User

why is the dlc not available to everyone yet?

Finally got it :) UK.

the way i got it was change my xbox one location to united states locate the DR3 DLC and then pin it. Changed location back to United Kingdom and clicked the pinned tile for DLC and pressed install
  4. WPAK Win User

Forza 7 being installed on a non boot drive

5. Cant Afford Win User

I've bought a bundle with fifa 19 and madden 19 on xbox one but madden doesn't show up for downloading.

if you change your location to usa it will show up in ready to install
  6. SamQY Win User

Changing the Install location for gamepass games

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Open Windows Update and look for updates, update everything, including optional updates. Restart to apply updates and try again.

2. Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then ''terminate, repair and reset. Try installing the game again.

3. Launch PowerShell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

Restart your PC, open PowerShell as admin again, and enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

The Microsoft Store will open and ask to install Gaming Services, install. Then try installing any game again.
Thema:

change install location

1. change install location - Similar Threads - change install location

2. Installed windows on a new hard drive and Cant transfer my save data or change where...

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed windows on a new hard drive and Cant transfer my save data or change where...: I recently installed windows on my new SSD, and I am trying to change my default install location for my apps on gamepass to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed...
  3. Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store game install location change not working (Edit: Forza Horizon 5 issue, I'll...: Hi, I'm trying to install a game but know I don't have the space on my c drive. My first idea was to choose a different install location for this game like you would do with any semi-competent...
  4. Changing the Install location for gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing the Install location for gamepass games: I have tried changing the location in the xbox app and changing the default install location in windows settings but the xbox app and windows store still wont let me install apps to another drive?...
  5. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...
  6. I can't change location where I want to install my games.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change location where I want to install my games.: When I try to change location where I want my games installed. I get this: [img] Which is true when this first appeared and I clicked yes. But it keeps re-appearing! with this error: [img]...
  7. Can't change default app install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app install location: I'm trying to download a game on the Xbox app on my d drive but it says its not set up for installing games and when i try to change the default location it doesn't change and says "We couldn't...
  8. Xbox Game Pass can't change app install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass can't change app install location: So i cant change app install location. Doesn't work via Windows too. Some partitions work some not. They worked but after i uninstalled Halo MCC it wont let me do change to two partitions (rest...
  9. Unable to change install location

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to change install location: So I’ve tried to change the new game installation destination through settings > general > destination, however it will not allow me to select my Secondary (D) drive. It gives me an option to...
  10. Xbox Beta app issues (black screen after sign in, and can't change install location) -...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta app issues (black screen after sign in, and can't change install location) -...: I have installed the Xbox (beta) application, have W10 1903, and can launch the application successfully. However, upon signing into the app the xbox app window goes blank/black and stays that way...