Change primary alias

Discus and support Change primary alias in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; it is telling me (Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias) 2f0c0b75-95b2-4583-b6c5-360710f8852a Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ASwiftDevil, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ASwiftDevil
    ASwiftDevil Guest

Change primary alias

it is telling me (Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias)

:)

ASwiftDevil, Jul 15, 2019
  2. ASwiftDevil Win User

Change primary alias

not using 365 account it an xbox account i made in to 2011 i think and this is the email
    *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Change primary alias

Hi there ASwiftDevil,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with changing the primary alias to an existing Microsoft Account. When changing a primary aliases on an account, you may not use any Microsoft Domains such as: xboxlivefamily.com,
    Hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, and msn.com.

For more detailed information about how to add an alias, including why and how to set your primary alias, see the
    Manage aliases on your
    Microsoft account
    article.

Hope this helps.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Change primary alias

...the account last bit is @xboxlivefamily.com
    It seems that Microsoft had issues with the xboxlivefamily.com domain in the past.

An user in this thread (Simon Sabin on October 2015, bottom of the page)
    contacted the support, and they were able to resolve it somehow. However another user that asked them to do it with a reference to the support number said that support can't access the account to do it. So your mileage may vary.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Change primary alias

Just to get an understanding so I can try and help.

You currently have an old account that you are trying to change the primary email address on (the email in your post was blocked out for privacy purposes so can not see it).

You have a different email that you are trying to add to this old account and when you go to add it, it gives you that error message.

(The new account) Is it already a MS account? Do you use it for anything else to do with MS like Windows 10, Xbox, Office?

If so then you will not be able to add it to your old account because it is already a MS account?

Is the new account a work email, School email?

Is the new email a Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN email?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Change primary alias

Is it possible that you are using an Office 365 account from your company as your Microsoft Account as well?
Thema:

Change primary alias

1. Change primary alias - Similar Threads - Change primary alias

2. I changed the primary alias on microsoft and now I cannot play Fortnite on the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed the primary alias on microsoft and now I cannot play Fortnite on the Xbox One: I recently changed my primary alias as I have a new email address and it has been over 48 hours and I cannot connect to Fortnite it says Login Failed. An unexpected error occured while signing in...
  3. Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change: I've tried to change my primary alias email and it just won't work. When I hit the hyperlink sent to my new email nothing changes or happens in my microsoft xbox account. There must be a way to do...
  4. Changing Primary Account Alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Primary Account Alias: So I wanted to change my primary email to my Xbox Live account, since Xbox chose my email. I guess that Xbox changes their policies and I am stuck with my email that Xbox provided me with. I was...
  5. Can't recieve any mail after changed primary alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't recieve any mail after changed primary alias: Can't recieve any mail after i changed primary alias, and i can't add the old mail because it's @hotmail.com And it says that This email address is part of a reserved domain such as live.com,...
  6. How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...: I have been pulling my hair out on the phone with support trying to figure this out. My Microsoft account is over 10 years old. I no longer have access to the primary email address linked to it....
  7. Changed primary email alias, still asks me to log in with username and password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed primary email alias, still asks me to log in with username and password: Hey all, I recently changed my primary email alias from a "@msn.com" account to a "@outlook.com" account, and it's causing me issues with my Xbox One. It keeps asking me for a username/password...
  8. Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ...: So I changed my MS Account's primary alias to my new Outlook address (from my old gmail that I don't use), and along with that I made a new secure password for the account. For some reason though,...
  9. Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One: Hello - When @outlook.com emails were made available last year, I registered an alias with my primary @live.com account. A couple of days ago I made the @outlook.com alias primary and since then...
  10. XBox One forcing a password ever since changing primary account alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One forcing a password ever since changing primary account alias: Hi support, I recently changed my primary account alias at accounts.live.com. Strangely since then everytime my XBox One goes to log me in via Kinect it states I need to manually log in through...