Change the in-game language

Discus and support Change the in-game language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Tomb Raider (2013) for my Xbox 360 today. I live in Russia and have a Russian Microsoft account, and it turns out the game is fully voiced... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ПавелБотев, May 19, 2019.

1. Change the in-game language

I downloaded Tomb Raider (2013) for my Xbox 360 today. I live in Russia and have a Russian Microsoft account, and it turns out the game is fully voiced in Russian and there's no way of changing that in the game. I hate this language and do not wish to
    play this game in it. Please help me change it, this situation is deeply upsetting for me because I refuse to play this game unless it's in English.

:)

ПавелБотев, May 19, 2019
  2. HassanB Win User

Language problem in Arcade game Catan

That's not changing your region or language. That's your locale on your console. The only way to change the account region language would be by going to the link I gave you above and following the directions under Change your Xbox LIVE account language.
    You followed the directions for Change your Xbox 360 console language.

The console language does not affect the language of the game it's only for family settings and WiFi settings if you use those two things. The Xbox LIVE account language is what's going to affect the language of the game and your account.

But as I said, ultimately it's up to the developer to make it so there are multiple language options from within the games menu. Without those two options available to you, you will not be able to change the language of a.) your account (if there's no preferred
    language drop down) or b.) change the language of the game (if there's no settings to change the game language).
  3. Smwutches Win User

Grid 2 from Games With Gold for May 2016 - Only in French

The language of a game is determined by what the developers make available for download in each country. Unless there is an in-game menu to change the language, there is no other way to change the language of the game.
  4. Saul Goode77 Win User

change game language

I have a friend who purchased the game in Brazil, by default the language was Spanish when they played(their xbox language was set to English), in order for them to change it to Portuguese (the other language on the disk), they have to change the Language
    for their Xbox to Portuguese.

Now in your case, if your default language is English on your xbox and you're still getting the game in Spanish, then maybe Spanish is the only language that's on the game disk. There's no option in the game for changing the language.
  5. NLbawz Win User

Language change

Hey,

On Xbox it's as simple as setting your Xbox's language on the language you want and it'd download some files to change it to said language. I assume it's the same on PC and thus give changing the display language a try.

Also some games have the option to change the language and subtitles in-game in the options menu, I suggest going through those first before changing the language of your PC.
  6. HassanB Win User

Skyrim language

I'm well aware of the different languages available. If you can't change the language in the game and the language of the game does not change when you change your own billing language as stated
    here. Then there's nothing we can do about it, there's no way to "exchange" a game in a different language.
Thema:

Change the in-game language

1. Change the in-game language - Similar Threads - Change game language

2. How can I change the language of xbox game pass for pc?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I change the language of xbox game pass for pc?: I don't even know what alphabet this text is in. Can't understand a single symbol. And no, it has nothing to do with my system language. I have my windows in English and keyboard set to Estonian....
  3. Change language from XBOX (Beta) Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language from XBOX (Beta) Game: Hey guys! I really want to change the language of a Game from Spanish (Win 10 language) to English (Favourite language to play game, the original language). Is there any way to archieve this?...
  4. How to change the language of games on xbox game pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change the language of games on xbox game pass PC: i wanted to play Gears of War 5 but was annoyed that the language of the game is in spanish. My windows language is Spanish but i want to play the game with English dialogues, how can i do this?...
  5. changing language of the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    changing language of the games: hello i'm blind gamer from Russia, and i'm usin narrator, but my country doesn't support narrator, and i changed consoul language to english, but i want play games on russian language, how i can...
  6. How do I change language in Wolfenstein 2 in XBOX Game Pass for PC BETA

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change language in Wolfenstein 2 in XBOX Game Pass for PC BETA: Hello, My native language is Polish and my location is Poland. I want to Play Wolfenstein 2 in German. How do I do that ? After installing Wolfenstein 2 for the first time the game was in...
  7. Language change for games that support it in Xbox App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Language change for games that support it in Xbox App?: There is no way to change the language of a game without changing the whole system language and reinstalling the app right? I really hope you'll implement it... fef17476-72d0-4a8a-abb6-4edaac979535
  8. Could not change the language game Win 10 Ultimate pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could not change the language game Win 10 Ultimate pass: I have ultima pass to play game on windows 10. I've installed state of decay 2, i want to change the language's game. i not found nothing about it in the settings.......
  9. Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?: I bought the game pass subscription and want to change only the game language. 4d8d0e49-2ed2-4698-b1a6-edc8818e3db1
  10. How to change a Window Store game's language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change a Window Store game's language: There are some games featured in the Windows Store, such as Wolfenstein II The New Colossus which doesn't give the player the ability to change the language of the game. I've tried to change the...