Change the in-game language

Discus and support Change the in-game language in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Tomb Raider (2013) for my Xbox 360 today. I live in Russia and have a Russian Microsoft account, and it turns out the game is fully voiced... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ПавелБотев, May 19, 2019.

1. Change the in-game language

I downloaded Tomb Raider (2013) for my Xbox 360 today. I live in Russia and have a Russian Microsoft account, and it turns out the game is fully voiced in Russian and there's no way of changing that in the game. I hate this language and do not wish to
    play this game in it. Please help me change it, this situation is deeply upsetting for me because I refuse to play this game unless it's in English.

:)

ПавелБотев, May 19, 2019
  2. HassanB Win User

Language problem in Arcade game Catan

That's not changing your region or language. That's your locale on your console. The only way to change the account region language would be by going to the link I gave you above and following the directions under Change your Xbox LIVE account language.
    You followed the directions for Change your Xbox 360 console language.

The console language does not affect the language of the game it's only for family settings and WiFi settings if you use those two things. The Xbox LIVE account language is what's going to affect the language of the game and your account.

But as I said, ultimately it's up to the developer to make it so there are multiple language options from within the games menu. Without those two options available to you, you will not be able to change the language of a.) your account (if there's no preferred
    language drop down) or b.) change the language of the game (if there's no settings to change the game language).
  3. Smwutches Win User

Grid 2 from Games With Gold for May 2016 - Only in French

The language of a game is determined by what the developers make available for download in each country. Unless there is an in-game menu to change the language, there is no other way to change the language of the game.
  4. Saul Goode77 Win User

change game language

I have a friend who purchased the game in Brazil, by default the language was Spanish when they played(their xbox language was set to English), in order for them to change it to Portuguese (the other language on the disk), they have to change the Language
    for their Xbox to Portuguese.

Now in your case, if your default language is English on your xbox and you're still getting the game in Spanish, then maybe Spanish is the only language that's on the game disk. There's no option in the game for changing the language.
  5. HassanB Win User

Skyrim language

I'm well aware of the different languages available. If you can't change the language in the game and the language of the game does not change when you change your own billing language as stated
    here. Then there's nothing we can do about it, there's no way to "exchange" a game in a different language.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Skyrim language lock

Sorry but a games language is locked to that region's main language and cannot be changed. If the game was region locked to a specific country in Europe that has French as the main language then I'm afraid that there's no way to change it.
Thema:

Change the in-game language

1. Change the in-game language - Similar Threads - Change game language

2. Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?: I bought the game pass subscription and want to change only the game language. 4d8d0e49-2ed2-4698-b1a6-edc8818e3db1
  3. How to change a Window Store game's language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change a Window Store game's language: There are some games featured in the Windows Store, such as Wolfenstein II The New Colossus which doesn't give the player the ability to change the language of the game. I've tried to change the...
  4. Change game language?

in XBoX on Windows
    Change game language?: Is there a way to change the language of the app and/or game without having to change the entire system language? b2f36a63-7eaf-485f-b76e-bed3a3b132e4
  5. Change game language in Xbox App for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Change game language in Xbox App for Windows 10: Hello, i'd like to change the language of all games i installed via the Xbox App for Windows 10 to english. My native language is german, but i prefer to play games in english because the german...
  6. I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language: This is probably one of the oldest and most important problems of the Xbox One outside the USA. There is no way to properly change the language of any Video Games without changing the entire...
  7. Changing language of german 360 retail games on XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing language of german 360 retail games on XBox One: Hello, I recently bought an XBox One S and want to play some old 360 games on it with the english voice actors. So far I tried Halo Reach, but the thing is that I live in germany and I have the...
  8. Change game language

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change game language: I bought the game Jurassic World Evolution for xbox one from the web store and everything in French and I can not find where to change the English language hellllllllp...
  9. Change language of an XBox Game on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language of an XBox Game on Windows 10: Hi, I have the game Ark on my XBox ONE in French, and I play now on my Windows 10 PC, but he is in English. Well I was wondering if it was possible to change the language ? And if yes, how ?...
  10. How to change the language in the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change the language in the game?: I'm sorry for the inaccurate text and errors, I'm writing a translator through Google. Faced such a problem, I live in Russia myself, bought CDs on Xbox One, but they are only in English, they...