Change Xbox Gamertag is Broken

Discus and support Change Xbox Gamertag is Broken in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was attempting to setup my girlfriend with an Xbox Live account. We got her logged into her Microsoft account and went to xbox.com. We went to her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David DeLella, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Change Xbox Gamertag is Broken

I was attempting to setup my girlfriend with an Xbox Live account. We got her logged into her Microsoft account and went to xbox.com. We went to her profile page and clicked customize. We then hit the edit icon next to her pre-chosen gamertag. We got
    to the change gamertag screen and typed in her first choice and it said it was not available. We tried changing the value and hitting the Check Availability button again and nothing happened. Tried several more times and nothing. Eventually I tried to just
    go to xbox.com again and all I could get was bad request header error messages from every page until I cleared my cache.

We were able to repeat this issue on Chrome and Edge several times. This is extremely annoying when attempting to look for valid gamertags but you only get one chance.

Change Xbox Gamertag is Broken [​IMG]

:)

David DeLella, Oct 9, 2019
  2. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

I changed my gamertag last week and wasnt able to sign in on any xbox 360 hardware after. I'm assuming they're working out some bugs on that end from the issue I had. I would check back in a day or two and see if its working better. Best of luck!
  3. {Parity} Win User

The best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support
  4. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag change broken?

Even though it may not exist for xbox live it may end up being used for Zune or internally within Microsoft.
  5. CountingCow3230 Win User

I cannot create xbox account with microsoft account on Xbox Game Bar

I can successfuly change gamertag (using new system) there:

(since xbox app on windows 10 is broken, can't create account with it)

Change Xbox Gamertag | Xbox

Buh bye, !

Sadly I won't be able to change gametag anymore for free,

because system wasted one on log on here... :/

More information about choosing gamertag:
    Gamertag Update FAQ

I hope they will allow them to begin with numbers someday...
  6. Shina Schatten Win User

Follow Up: Incomplete Gamertag Change

Herbert.

If you have an account that is basically broken (Gamertag showing on account but when you try to download it or get to the My Account section you get a glitch) you likely need to contact Xbox Phone Support and get this sent to an escalations team again.
    A gamertag change or Microsoft account change on a Gamertag should not take longer than 30 days for the system to move your data to your new Gamertag/Account.
Thema:

1. Change Xbox Gamertag is Broken - Similar Threads - Change Gamertag Broken

2. absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused

in XBoX on Consoles
    absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused: my gamertag tag was microsoft change it for a system-genereted one according to the code of conduct rules is perferly fine i had it for 6 years what is going on ?...
  3. Redirected to us site when changing gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redirected to us site when changing gamertag: Hi all. I am trying to change my gamertag and I do log in on the uk xbox site yet it redirects me to the US one meaning I cant change my tag due to it asking for a us address and not giving me the...
  4. Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed: My gamertag "[mod removed]" was changed to "GreatPup1704543". I have heard that this may happen if your gamertag is banned. But i can see no reason why mine would be an issue. Help pls....
  5. I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it: I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it, and it says that there was an issue with connectivity, exactly why I had to create a new account. On my other...
  6. I Cant Change my Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Cant Change my Gamertag: Ive been trying change my gamertag for minecraft of my n switch but when ever i try to go the account.xbox.com website it takes me to a article about X-box privacy an i cant click the sign in on...
  7. Downloading Profile After Changing Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading Profile After Changing Gamertag: Hello. So I just used my one free gamertag change, and it looked to be working just fine. But when I tried to play a game of Black Ops it told me that I had to download the profile again. So I...
  8. Changing GamerTag via social.xbox.com/changegamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing GamerTag via social.xbox.com/changegamertag: If you don't know if you change your gamertag at https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag you can change it for free even if you have already changed it. My question is if you use...
  9. Help signing into xbox 360 after gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help signing into xbox 360 after gamertag change: I changed my gamertag last night and now I can't recover my gamertag on my xbox 360 console. Everything else is fine including logging into my xbox one, gears pop, xbox.com and live.com. I am...
  10. Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offensive gamertag change (DONT QUOTE CODE OF CONDUCT) its broken: Ok so I TOTALLY understand different things can be perceived as insulting offensive etc in different ways in different countries. Although Ive read the code of conduct (and theres a couple things...