Changed Gamertag For XBox Online, Didn't Realize There Was a Fee

Discus and support Changed Gamertag For XBox Online, Didn't Realize There Was a Fee in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently just changed my gamertag today for XBox but had no idea once you changed it you had to pay, I changed my gamertag once already when I first... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KarbearN, Mar 21, 2020.

1. KarbearN
    KarbearN Guest

I recently just changed my gamertag today for XBox but had no idea once you changed it you had to pay, I changed my gamertag once already when I first made my account a while ago. Nothing has shown up telling me I have to pay but I don't know if I will still
    have to pay or not.

Please help, thank you.

:)

KarbearN, Mar 21, 2020
  2. KarbearN Win User

Alright, I've looked into it and I think everything is fine, thank you everybody!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey KarbearN,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    KarbearN!
  4. Emo Goggles Win User

your first change is always free to my knowledge.
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you haven't changed it since 06/2019 you would have another free change (everyone was given a free change with the new gamertag policy). Otherwise, it will warn you about the charge when you try changing your tag so you can back out if you need to.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

If you don't get the prompt about a fee and showing you the price when you try to change it, then you are using the free change that they enabled again recently. If you are going to be charged after that, it will show you the fee and you will have to confirm
    it before changing it.
Thema:

1. Changed Gamertag For XBox Online, Didn't Realize There Was a Fee - Similar Threads - Changed Gamertag Online

2. Can't change Gamertag in Browser

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Gamertag in Browser: Hello, I signed up for the Game Pass for PC today and got a autogenerated Gamertag at first. When I wanted to change it in the XBox app, I got redirected to a website which is complete empty...
  3. Changing gamertag but cant add address to profile as region cant be changed from United States.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamertag but cant add address to profile as region cant be changed from United States.: Hi, I've been trying to change my gamertag, added my payment method but when it comes to adding an address I cant as region is stuck on United States and I'm form the United Kingdom. Is there a...
  4. Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable: So from the searching i have done on the community ive found that people are saying that you will still have access to your games. I am not able to play any games i have purchased by card or any...
  5. Changing Gamertag linked email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamertag linked email: Hello, I previously set up my son's gamertag for Minecraft (xbox) and linked it to my gmail address. I have since created a gmail account for him as well as a microsoft account using that new...
  6. Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.: I have been trying to change my Gamertag for three days now to no avail. In total I paid twice and got refunded once (I'm going to apply for a second refund now). I contacted Microsoft through...
  7. I changed my Xbox Gamertag on the online website, now I can’t login to my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my Xbox Gamertag on the online website, now I can’t login to my Xbox 360.: Hi, recently I changed my gamertag in the online website where you can change your gamertag. Once I changed it, my Xbox 360 does not see the change to the Xbox Live account and won’t even let me...
  8. Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.: I recently changed my gamertag on my Xbox One X as I felt after 10 years it was due for a change. I stumbled upon an issue where I couldn’t play games like Gears of War 2 online because my old...
  9. Changing Gamertag Online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamertag Online: I created a xbox profile online and I was given a randomly generated Gamertag. When I try to change and claim the gamertag the web page freezes and when I refresh I'm met with. [img]...
  10. Gamertag change not reflecting on console or online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change not reflecting on console or online: Hey Microsoft, i changed my gamertag around 20 hours ago and i am still not seeing anything changed. I did receive the email confirmation that the transaction was successful. One thing i have...