Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online

Discus and support Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Changed the main alias of my Microsoft account, and although it said it could pass until 48 hours to sync the change in all the services, it's been 4... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Orlando Rodríguez, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online

Changed the main alias of my Microsoft account, and although it said it could pass until 48 hours to sync the change in all the services, it's been 4 days and still neither can play online nor sync all my progress.

:)

Orlando Rodríguez, Jul 6, 2021
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Adresse de messagerie déjà prise -[Translation - Email address already taken]

Hello ChloéThery,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in

changing your primary alias
    . If you are receiving that error message, it means the email address you want to use is already the primary alias of a Microsoft account. You must first log in to that account. If you need help

resetting the password
    , you can use our support article. Once you have logged in to that account, you can change the primary alias for it. After you have set up a new primary alias on that account, you can remove the email that you want from it. At that
    point, you can go ahead and use that email address as the primary alias of your main account. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Transferer un compte xbox sur un autre compte microsoft -[Translation - Transfer an xbox account to another microsoft account]

Hello pirostheo game,

Thank you for keeping us updated. There is a way to manage the email addresses of each Microsoft account. You must first remove the email that you want to use as

the primary alias
    . Once the primary alias on the Microsoft account has been changed, you can use the email address that you want on a different Microsoft account. The main reason you have to take this step is because you cannot have the same primary alias
    for two different Microsoft accounts. It's basically just moving an email address from one Microsoft account to another. The article we provided contains steps on how to change the primary alias. You must do these steps for both accounts. Be sure to let us
    know the results!
  4. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
  5. X Farscape X Win User

Xbox/Microsoft Account Change

adding an alias account to an existing microsoft account means emails to both addresses go to the same account still. the family member still owns the account, there is only one account, if you add an alias then that means that one single account has two addresses that will still go to the one main account.

you cannot seperate an xbox account from the microsoft account as they are the same.

if you add an alias and then make that the main email and remove the family members original emails address then that email address is gone unless you create a brand new email account and hope the system allows you to use that email address you removed. and if it does then that makes it a brand new account and you have just broken the T and C's by transferring ownership of an account.

now years ago on the 360 it was possible to change the email of an xbox account through the console which also changed the microsoft account but since then they have merged everything together.
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

Changing the email for a existing Xbox profile

Hi there.

Unfortunately, you would not be able to change the alias to that of another Microsoft account.

For a bit more info we recommend checking out the
    alias change support document.

We hope the steps there provide an useful alternative!
Thema:

Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online

1. Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online - Similar Threads - Changed main alias

2. My main account has been stolen and the password has been changed how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My main account has been stolen and the password has been changed how do i get it back?: Earlier this year probably over the summer i noticed that my account would be "logged out of somewhere else" so naturally i changed the password to the account, however next time i tried to log in...
  3. MAIN XBOX CHANGE

in XBoX Accessibility
    MAIN XBOX CHANGE: I CANNOT CHANGE MY MAIN XBOX BECAUSE I MADE THE CHANGE FIVE TIMES THIS YEAR 321c6948-49c2-40ef-b8b8-90cbe0fe1047
  4. Main UI/Dashboard Settings for changing dashboard styles

in XboX Insiders
    Main UI/Dashboard Settings for changing dashboard styles: Dear Microsoft PLEASE give us main ui/Dashboard options so for example we can set the dashboard to original xbox one windows 8 style or any other PLEASE SEE THIS submitted by /u/GamingCreeperPL...
  5. New UI changes appear for guest accounts instead of my Main account

in XboX Insiders
    New UI changes appear for guest accounts instead of my Main account: My main account doesn't see the new UI changes except for other accounts (Sisters and my Second account). Changes such as Tiles appear on bottom of Home Screen, Achievement Tab doesn't have that...
  6. the main Xbox settings cannot be changed until the service is connected

in XboX Insiders
    the main Xbox settings cannot be changed until the service is connected: I can't put any profile as the main one, when I try to show the following: the settings of the main Xbox cannot be changed until the service is connected, and where I would press to set the xbox...
  7. Please change back tabs.Giving me mad OCD,I can’t centre the Main icon.Had it memorised...

in XboX Insiders
    Please change back tabs.Giving me mad OCD,I can’t centre the Main icon.Had it memorised...: [IMG] submitted by /u/sarahsms108 [link] [comments]
  8. someone has changed all information on my main account

in XBoX on Consoles
    someone has changed all information on my main account: someone has changed all my information on my main account,i cant recover my password, i cannot sign into my xbox account or go into my email because someone keeps changing my password, also...
  9. Cambios de xbox principal [Main xbox changes]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambios de xbox principal [Main xbox changes]: ¿Podrian darme mas cambios de xbox principal ? Es que un amigo me compartio un juego pero alguien asi que hice su cuenta como mi xbox principal y entonces alguien mas hizo lo mismo con esa cuenta...
  10. Change "My main XBOX"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change "My main XBOX": Hello, I've a problem with the option "My Main Xbox", I have bougth an XBOX One S All Digital last week and i shared my account(game) with my sister. But now, i want to give back this xbox to buy...