Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

Discus and support Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WearyCalf184475, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one. Please advise.

:)

WearyCalf184475, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Tahj Win User

If your email address and password haven't changed it should be the same. Did you use an email address that already had an account attached to it? Try logging into it on Xbox.com. In regards to the games I'm not 100% sure how it works if you used one of
    the new system names. Like "Geo#49410", if not you may have to just redownload the account with the sign in feature if it was corrupted for whatever reason. Your game saves should also update to the new username. Hopefully this helps somewhat
  3. WearyCalf184475 Win User

I just removed my profile from my XBOX one account and then added it back in with no problem. When I go to play a 360 game and try to download my profile, it keeps telling me that the password is not correct. Please advise.
  4. JCoulterArtist Win User

Delete the profile in your storage settings and redownload it completely with your standard email and password.
  5. WearyCalf184475 Win User

So i see one issue... my gamertag was changed from to CLOWNninja yesterday but didn't seem to go all the way through as your replay indicated? Please advise.
  6. Juann0708 Win User

Your xbox account is associated to your email, so changing your gamertag doesn't affect, in case you can't remember your password you can recover your account following the steps on this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password
Thema:

1. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games - Similar Threads - Changed gamer tag

2. Changing gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing gamer tag: My son wants tp change his gamer tag for the sedond time - im aware there is a charge for this which he is willing to pay. The problem is that it asks me to add money in to his microsoft accounr...
  3. The gamer tag isn’t changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The gamer tag isn’t changing: This is the first time I changed my gamertag, but for some reason it still is on the same one it is supposed to change to Jus*A**ay*r And dont worry that word is not a swear one, I just did...
  4. Changed gamer tag, but old one still showing above new one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed gamer tag, but old one still showing above new one: I changed my tag a couple of weeks ago. I have uninstalled the profile and re installed and even set up a new xbox and my old gamertag is still showing above my new one?!...
  5. Why my Xbox gamer tag hasn’t changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox gamer tag hasn’t changed: Hi i was just wondering ive payed for my gamertag on xbox to change its been 48 hours and tried reseting my xbox and nothings worked and its still coming up as my old user name on the xbox site...
  6. Profile showing old gamer tag and new gamer tag after change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile showing old gamer tag and new gamer tag after change: On 11/13 my younger sibling changed my xbox gamertag instead if creating their own. I tried to change it back and got an error saying “this gamertag is not allowed”, after doing some searching it...
  7. I changed my gamer tag on XBL about a week ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamer tag on XBL about a week ago: I changed my gamer tag on XBL about a week ago. Just wondering why is does not show in game. Is there a step I missed? Why is it taking so long? And is there something I can do to make it show in...
  8. Enforcement changed my gamer tag...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement changed my gamer tag...: My gamertag got changed, but it was overturned! I was told i have a free gamertag change but only for the next 24 so i can get my old one back. The problem: my old gamertag is 15 characters, and...
  9. Xbox Gamer Tag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamer Tag change: So I wanted to change my gamer tag and I bought the tag on PC and its been two days and my Gamer Tag still has not changed. Anybody know what I should do or if I should just wait?...
  10. Gamer tag not changing

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamer tag not changing: Hello, i have been waiting for 2 hours and nothing has happened, when will my gamertag be changed? 41273f02-1e30-47eb-90a6-0c33adba0e33