Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One

Discus and support Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello - When @outlook.com emails were made available last year, I registered an alias with my primary @live.com account. A couple of days ago I made... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by coryaw, Feb 21, 2014.

1. coryaw
    coryaw Guest

Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One

Hello -

When @outlook.com emails were made available last year, I registered an alias with my primary @live.com account. A couple of days ago I made the @outlook.com alias primary and since then the Kinect has not been able to sign me in - but requires my password.

Do I need to follow the instructions for switching my GT to a new email? The email itself isn't new since it's associated with the same Microsoft Account (and has been) that the GT is associated with. But I can't find anywhere on the Xbox to register that
    change.

:)

coryaw, Feb 21, 2014
  2. systemsixxx
    systemsixxx Guest
    Being prompted for Microsoft account password to sign in every time.

Having the same issue on my Xbox One. It's driving me nuts. It all started when I changed my email alias.

I'm starting to think my Xbox One logged in account HAS to match the primary (email) alias. Just switched my primary alias back to what I had originally, I really hope this fixes it. So frustrating. Microsoft really needs to fix all this.

BTW there is no password at sign-in setting on the Xbox One. Is T Ghost's solution for the 360?

systemsixxx, Feb 21, 2014
  3. tdrWhitefang
    tdrWhitefang Guest
    microsoft account info help

I added an additional alias to my microsoft account and changed it to the primary alias to the new email. It still has my old primary alias on the xbox one settings. Is there a way to get it to show the new primary alias.

tdrWhitefang, Feb 21, 2014
  4. irekski
    irekski Guest

hey there Coryduude. No you really don't need to. Just go to Settings>> Sign in, Security & Passcode.

Then make sure Save password is checked as well as Kinect sign in. If that does not work. Go back to settings>>Scroll right>> Remove account chose your account the read it afterwards. Make sure you save the password. you can use the @outlook.com account
    to sign in.

irekski, Feb 21, 2014
  5. systemsixxx Win User

Being prompted for Microsoft account password to sign in every time.

Having the same issue on my Xbox One. It's driving me nuts. It all started when I changed my email alias.

I'm starting to think my Xbox One logged in account HAS to match the primary (email) alias. Just switched my primary alias back to what I had originally, I really hope this fixes it. So frustrating. Microsoft really needs to fix all this.

BTW there is no password at sign-in setting on the Xbox One. Is T Ghost's solution for the 360?
  6. OrthodoxFoil Win User

Changed email associated with account, but my console is still using the old one

As an update, I re-added the old email and was able to sign in using my new password, but now I can't re-change my alias to the new email address. Will my Xbox Live account ever recognize a change in the primary email associated with the account?
  7. tdrWhitefang Win User

microsoft account info help

it also keeps asking for my password when i sign into the xbox one is this related to the primary alias change.
  8. zzIRISMAXIMUSzz Win User

Gamertag Transfer

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

You can change the primary email alias on the account
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

Changing email on Xbox account

Hello Daniel Burke_92,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Are you wanting to use the email address from the older Microsoft account and place it on your current account? Do you
    mean that you want to move an Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another? It is not possible to transfer an Xbox profile's content, currency and saved data from one account to another. You can change the primary alias of an account.

The primary alias is the email address that is used to sign in to the account. Keep in mind, you cannot have the same primary alias on two different Microsoft account. You would have to

change the primary alias
    on the old account, remove the email address that you want from the old account, add the email address that you want to your current account and make the email address that you want the primary alias on your current account. If
    you take these steps, your relative's primary email address will change on his or her account. If your relative uses applications on other devices to access his or her Microsoft account, he or she will need to update those devices with the new information.

Warning:

• If you remove an alias that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again.

Make sure you save any info that you want from this alias before you remove it. All your email and contacts for this alias will be immediately deleted from the server and can't be recovered, and you won't be able to access Microsoft
      services like Xbox, Skype, and OneDrive if they use that alias.
    • If you're removing a primary alias, you'll need to choose another primary alias before it can be removed. If you’re using the primary alias to sign in to Microsoft services, you may not be able to sign in to these services after you delete
      the alias.
    • If you remove an email address from a non-Microsoft domain (like @gmail.com), then it usually becomes immediately available to be added as an alias on another Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One - Similar Threads - Changed Primary Alias

2. I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias: I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias mail 1d9e37ad-31be-46e6-8cf3-63868d1af151
  3. Changing email for primary alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing email for primary alias: I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing a primary email address alias, and went to...
  4. Change primary alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change primary alias: it is telling me (Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias) 2f0c0b75-95b2-4583-b6c5-360710f8852a
  5. I changed the primary alias on microsoft and now I cannot play Fortnite on the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed the primary alias on microsoft and now I cannot play Fortnite on the Xbox One: I recently changed my primary alias as I have a new email address and it has been over 48 hours and I cannot connect to Fortnite it says Login Failed. An unexpected error occured while signing in...
  6. Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change: I've tried to change my primary alias email and it just won't work. When I hit the hyperlink sent to my new email nothing changes or happens in my microsoft xbox account. There must be a way to do...
  7. Changing Primary Account Alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Primary Account Alias: So I wanted to change my primary email to my Xbox Live account, since Xbox chose my email. I guess that Xbox changes their policies and I am stuck with my email that Xbox provided me with. I was...
  8. Can't recieve any mail after changed primary alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't recieve any mail after changed primary alias: Can't recieve any mail after i changed primary alias, and i can't add the old mail because it's @hotmail.com And it says that This email address is part of a reserved domain such as live.com,...
  9. How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...: I have been pulling my hair out on the phone with support trying to figure this out. My Microsoft account is over 10 years old. I no longer have access to the primary email address linked to it....
  10. Changed primary email alias, still asks me to log in with username and password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed primary email alias, still asks me to log in with username and password: Hey all, I recently changed my primary email alias from a "@msn.com" account to a "@outlook.com" account, and it's causing me issues with my Xbox One. It keeps asking me for a username/password...