Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ...

Discus and support Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I changed my MS Account's primary alias to my new Outlook address (from my old gmail that I don't use), and along with that I made a new secure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark Robitaille, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ...

So I changed my MS Account's primary alias to my new Outlook address (from my old gmail that I don't use), and along with that I made a new secure password for the account. For some reason though, both my Xbox One and my Xbox 360 no longer auto sign me in
    anymore, and when I manually sign it it asks for my password every single time I try to. My password is really long, and typing it in constantly on the controller is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've had to do in a while. I've checked every sign
    in setting on the Xbox One/360, but even with auto-sign in turned on, password saving on, and the security settings put to no barriers it still asks for it (and doesn't sign me in automatically). Also, on both Xboxes it strangely lists my old alias, my old
    gmail account, as my MS account's email. Note: I do not have any of these issues on the mobile Xbox apps, Skydrive, or my Windows 8 laptop.

I thought maybe removing the account and subsequently re-adding it to both Xboxes might help, but I'm worried I might lose saves or have to redownload hundreds of gigs of games. How do I fix these issues? Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ... :(

:)

Mark Robitaille, Aug 31, 2014
  2. gazred35
    gazred35 Guest
    Sign in with Kinect!

I had it recently where I had to manually sign in every time with my password when it use to just recognise me. But I'd forgot I had updated my account details online and changed my primary email address. All you have to do is delete your account on the xbox one and then log in with your updated email and password. Now I just say xbox on and it auto loads me in.

gazred35, Aug 31, 2014
  3. systemsixxx
    systemsixxx Guest
    Being prompted for Microsoft account password to sign in every time.

Having the same issue on my Xbox One. It's driving me nuts. It all started when I changed my email alias.

I'm starting to think my Xbox One logged in account HAS to match the primary (email) alias. Just switched my primary alias back to what I had originally, I really hope this fixes it. So frustrating. Microsoft really needs to fix all this.

BTW there is no password at sign-in setting on the Xbox One. Is T Ghost's solution for the 360?

systemsixxx, Aug 31, 2014
  4. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest

Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ...

1. Xbox One:

You may remove your account from the One and then re-download it again. As all savegames are stored in the cloud they will not be lost. Same thing with the installed games and dlcs.

2. XBox360:

Here the savegames are stored locally usually and would be lost if just removing your account. So I would suggest to clear the system cache as first step and see if this already fixes the problem. The cache can be cleared by going to system / storage. Choose
    the harddrive and then press Y for device options and clear the cache. If that doesn't help, you can move the savegames files to an USB stick or to the cloud. But this must be done for each savegame separately. Some games (like Forza) have some more account
    specific files which have to be saved, too.

Usually on the 360 it should not be an issue like you are experiencing, on the One is only working with removing the profile afaik.

BobMcFly247, Sep 1, 2014
  5. tdrWhitefang Win User

microsoft account info help

it also keeps asking for my password when i sign into the xbox one is this related to the primary alias change.
  6. systemsixxx Win User

Being prompted for Microsoft account password to sign in every time.

Having the same issue on my Xbox One. It's driving me nuts. It all started when I changed my email alias.

I'm starting to think my Xbox One logged in account HAS to match the primary (email) alias. Just switched my primary alias back to what I had originally, I really hope this fixes it. So frustrating. Microsoft really needs to fix all this.

BTW there is no password at sign-in setting on the Xbox One. Is T Ghost's solution for the 360?
  7. BobMcFly247 Win User

Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One and 360.

1. Xbox One:

You may remove your account from the One and then re-download it again. As all savegames are stored in the cloud they will not be lost. Same thing with the installed games and dlcs.

2. XBox360:

Here the savegames are stored locally usually and would be lost if just removing your account. So I would suggest to clear the system cache as first step and see if this already fixes the problem. The cache can be cleared by going to system / storage. Choose
    the harddrive and then press Y for device options and clear the cache. If that doesn't help, you can move the savegames files to an USB stick or to the cloud. But this must be done for each savegame separately. Some games (like Forza) have some more account
    specific files which have to be saved, too.

Usually on the 360 it should not be an issue like you are experiencing, on the One is only working with removing the profile afaik.
  8. OrthodoxFoil Win User

Changed email associated with account, but my console is still using the old one

As an update, I re-added the old email and was able to sign in using my new password, but now I can't re-change my alias to the new email address. Will my Xbox Live account ever recognize a change in the primary email associated with the account?
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

Adresse de messagerie déjà prise -[Translation - Email address already taken]

Hello ChloéThery,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in

changing your primary alias
    . If you are receiving that error message, it means the email address you want to use is already the primary alias of a Microsoft account. You must first log in to that account. If you need help

resetting the password
    , you can use our support article. Once you have logged in to that account, you can change the primary alias for it. After you have set up a new primary alias on that account, you can remove the email that you want from it. At that
    point, you can go ahead and use that email address as the primary alias of your main account. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One ... - Similar Threads - Changed primary Account

2. I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias: I cant comunicate with friends after i changed my primary alias mail 1d9e37ad-31be-46e6-8cf3-63868d1af151
  3. Changing primary email for Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email for Xbox account?: Hello, I am in the process of selling my Xbox and the account mainly due to not having time to play anymore due to work. I have a buyer but the email associated to my Xbox account is my personal...
  4. Change primary admin account to be child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change primary admin account to be child account: Foolishly, I let my kid use my account (admin account) for certain games. I want to give him access to the account for purposes of all the game progress, etc. but want to transfer the...
  5. changing x box primary account holder

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing x box primary account holder: my son bought a x box and i set him up as owner and primary account and me as sub account, can i swap them around ??? 97416696-db12-44b3-bea8-21d869f37d52
  6. Changing Primary Account Alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Primary Account Alias: So I wanted to change my primary email to my Xbox Live account, since Xbox chose my email. I guess that Xbox changes their policies and I am stuck with my email that Xbox provided me with. I was...
  7. Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account: help! cannot log into my Xbox live Account on Xbox one After changed primary email! 238a71b1-449d-4ef2-9825-4fe04db3eb40
  8. Changing primary email address on my xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing primary email address on my xbox account: Hi, My primary account : *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is associated with gamertag : gameboyguru727. This gamertag is used by my son (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  9. Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Primary Alias on Microsoft Account - now need to use my password to sign into Xbox One: Hello - When @outlook.com emails were made available last year, I registered an alias with my primary @live.com account. A couple of days ago I made the @outlook.com alias primary and since then...
  10. XBox One forcing a password ever since changing primary account alias

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One forcing a password ever since changing primary account alias: Hi support, I recently changed my primary account alias at accounts.live.com. Strangely since then everytime my XBox One goes to log me in via Kinect it states I need to manually log in through...