changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033...

Discus and support changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; hello, so as title says, i turned my xbox on today and had around a 400mb update, i was getting tired of the constant updates on my connection so i... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrShinyPig, Feb 4, 2020.

1. changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033...

hello, so as title says, i turned my xbox on today and had around a 400mb update, i was getting tired of the constant updates on my connection so i changed my status from beta to omega in the insider hub, once i closed the hub it started another dashboard update which was 3.9gb, which i had previously downloaded sometime last week

now i get these errors 0x8B050033 0x00000000 0x00000201 it tells me theres a problem with the update, and i cant use my console

the only options are to try again, check network connection, which is wired and fine, or turn off console

also says my console id which i can post if required? any help on this is appreciated thanks

submitted by /u/MrShinyPig
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrShinyPig, Feb 4, 2020
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Xbox One Updates

If you're an Xbox Insider then you will get more updates as compared to others. Even as an insider there are 4 different rings - alpha, beta, delta and omega. Being in alpha ring will result in a lot of updates, and number of updates goes down as you reduce
    your level.

If you do not want frequent updates you can unenroll from the program.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The New Dashboard 11/4/2019

In my understanding the Dashboard experiment, A, B, C selection, is totally random.

As "Both consoles say their OS Version is (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1911.191028-1335)" your consoles are either in the Beta or Delta ring.

Both those rings and Omega ring are getting a preview update News release notes Beta Delta Omega
    Insiders
    today, which you can manually start or wait until it becomes mandatory.

After you do the update, if you want to change rings, it will be the perfect time to change as all those rings will be on the same release. Subject to eligibility.
  4. ScaryOstrich600 Win User

Help! Can't get past first screen

Thanks HS, I have been able to move on from the green screen but now it seems stuck on an update? I have the console picture on screen showing the update status bar but it gets to about 70% through and goes no further. Any suggestions?
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

Can we stop the constant updates please!

Instead of leaving the Xbox Insider program as one Ambassador has suggested you can drop down to a lower ring which receives much fewer updates. For example if you are in Beta ring drop down to Delta or Omega. The Omega ring receives the fewest updates,
    usually just before it is released to the general public. This can be managed using the Xbox Insider Hub on your console.
  6. Andrezzao Win User

I can not leave the Xbox Insider

Hi, it depends what ring you are in. Currently there is no insider build for Beta, Delta and Omega rings, this means you will be on the current public build.
    So I was in the beta, but I would like to take my console from the insider and not receive more updates and the insider hub app is not getting my console off, it just stays on hold.
Thema:

changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033...

1. changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033... - Similar Threads - changed status beta

2. Sign in status changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sign in status changed: Every time i play call of duty black ops 2 every 5-10 mind i get kicked from the game and get the message sign in status changed 216a9ebd-96c8-4b3d-b5ec-cac4101bf75d
  3. Xbox One X Repair status after 24 hours not changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Repair status after 24 hours not changed: Yesterday 9:00 morning deliverd at the ups track and trace, On the repair site (24 hours later) product still not recieved? Ups Trackingnumber [Mod Removed - Personal Information] Repairnumber:...
  4. How do I change my online status to offline to online on Xbox One X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my online status to offline to online on Xbox One X?: So I turned my online status on Xbox One X to Online, but my friends are telling me that it says that I’m offline..how do I fix this? By the way, I turned my status from online to offline to...
  5. : Xbox 360 Sign in status changed.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox 360 Sign in status changed.: : Xbox 360 Sign in status changed. Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. Can you give us a bit more information about what you're experiencing? What are the...
  6. Not getting party invites and can't change online status

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting party invites and can't change online status: As of yesterday I'm unable to recieve and party invites or appear online and it's frustrating since it's happening to my friends i play with as well. We've done every trouble shooting method we've...
  7. Issue with changing "Online" status.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with changing "Online" status.: I keep running into an issue when trying to toggle my status between appear online/offiline. When I try to appear online it says "Online Status Unknown". This is also causing me to not be able to...
  8. Gears of war 4 PC « connection status changed »

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of war 4 PC « connection status changed »: Hi there, i bought gears of war 4 PC a couple of weeks ago. at first the game was doing crazy well (great game by the way) but now, when i try to get into the main menu, an error tells me my...
  9. Changing an account status from adult to child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing an account status from adult to child: My nine year old's Microsoft / Xbox account has the correct date of birth but the status is adult. That means I can't manage permissions such as screen time. Does anyone know how to change the...
  10. Changing status from Adult to Child in Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing status from Adult to Child in Xbox: My son uses my Xbox account presently. I have established another account for myself as part of the family and want to change the user name he is currently using to child status. I was told to...