Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen???

Discus and support Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have searched forums to see if this is common, with no luck in finding an aswer. To cut to the chase: Xbox functions normally as long as I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by terp man, Sep 28, 2019.

1. terp man
    terp man Guest

Hi,

I have searched forums to see if this is common, with no luck in finding an aswer. To cut to the chase:

Xbox functions normally as long as I don't change my ceiling fan speed from one speed to another..

If I change my ceiling fan speed, the xbox will flicker and then come back after about 1 second. Sometimes, when it comes back it has no sound.

The problem is the xbox, and not the TV. It's a roku tv, and when I watch netflix on it, I can change the fan speed and there is no issue. Both power cables are connected to the same outlet, and when I switch them this doesnt fix the issue.

Any help to pinpoint the root cause would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

terp man, Sep 28, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

I think it is better to try another means of ventilation while playing, this power surge can end up damaging your console.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

They probably have the fan and the outlet on the same circuit. If it's flickering it's probably getting close to tripping the breaker. It also depends on how many other things are tied to that circuit.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Terp Man

Very strange issue, I heard of this light lights flickering due circuits and wiring of the house hold, I suggest contacting a Electrician to check your household & outlets.
  5. Chargersbride Win User

6. sandy the hippy Win User

I'd be more inclined to assume that it's the fan wiring that's at fault. Did you install it yourself? Sounds like there may be uninsulated wiring somewhere that's possibly causing the interference/rf leak, or a fault in the house wiring somewhere?

I would also check that the hdmi cables are fully inserted, and that the cables have no breaks in the insulation, especially if the console is the only device showing the issue.
Thema:

1. Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen??? - Similar Threads - Changing ceiling fan

2. Changing date of birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing date of birth: Hi during setting up the Xbox one for my son I entered my date of birth instead of his by mistake. Can I change this? If so I don't know how to thanks. Also what privact settings should i have on...
  3. how do i find out whos using my account when ive changed my password

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i find out whos using my account when ive changed my password: can anyone help to why or how someone is using my xbox live account when ive changed my password several times?? 71f2667a-3a2e-4f03-bc54-b70bc2f837af
  4. How does Ark get away with changing an achievements requirements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does Ark get away with changing an achievements requirements?: With the addition of their Genesis DLC they've made 3 notes from that requirements to unlock a previously unlockable without them achievement. Didn't something similar happen with Destiny and Xbox...
  5. Groove music changed to Japanese

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Groove music changed to Japanese: I got groove music today and began to play one of my cds when i saw that the names were in Japanese i redid the location but it hasn’t changed the text how can i fix it? [img]...
  6. Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???

in XboX Insiders
    Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???: I've had my ups and downs with the insider program, most have been great, small things here and there have been rough, but I stick through it knowing what I got myself into. What I'm really...
  7. Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...

in XboX Insiders
    Free Gamertag Change because 10 € /$ are to expensive for a Nickname that is free on Steam...: Hello I think we need the option that we can change the name for free. Even EA leaves it free. submitted by /u/Lebenwesen [link] [comments]
  8. Cant change dob on child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant change dob on child account: Hi I changed to dob on my child's account from adult to child as I couldn't see what activity he was doing now he cant play certain games and communicate there is no option to change it again it's...
  9. Cambios de xbox principal [Main xbox changes]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cambios de xbox principal [Main xbox changes]: ¿Podrian darme mas cambios de xbox principal ? Es que un amigo me compartio un juego pero alguien asi que hice su cuenta como mi xbox principal y entonces alguien mas hizo lo mismo con esa cuenta...
  10. Anyone else have this issue with trying to change levels of the insider program

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else have this issue with trying to change levels of the insider program: When I try to unregistered my xbox from the insider program or change from delta to omega it gives me a big red error "Already registered!" "To make changes, sign in with the same account that...