Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen???

Discus and support Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have searched forums to see if this is common, with no luck in finding an aswer. To cut to the chase: Xbox functions normally as long as I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by terp man, Sep 28, 2019.

1. terp man
    terp man Guest

Hi,

I have searched forums to see if this is common, with no luck in finding an aswer. To cut to the chase:

Xbox functions normally as long as I don't change my ceiling fan speed from one speed to another..

If I change my ceiling fan speed, the xbox will flicker and then come back after about 1 second. Sometimes, when it comes back it has no sound.

The problem is the xbox, and not the TV. It's a roku tv, and when I watch netflix on it, I can change the fan speed and there is no issue. Both power cables are connected to the same outlet, and when I switch them this doesnt fix the issue.

Any help to pinpoint the root cause would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

terp man, Sep 28, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

I think it is better to try another means of ventilation while playing, this power surge can end up damaging your console.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

They probably have the fan and the outlet on the same circuit. If it's flickering it's probably getting close to tripping the breaker. It also depends on how many other things are tied to that circuit.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Terp Man

Very strange issue, I heard of this light lights flickering due circuits and wiring of the house hold, I suggest contacting a Electrician to check your household & outlets.
  5. Chargersbride Win User

6. sandy the hippy Win User

I'd be more inclined to assume that it's the fan wiring that's at fault. Did you install it yourself? Sounds like there may be uninsulated wiring somewhere that's possibly causing the interference/rf leak, or a fault in the house wiring somewhere?

I would also check that the hdmi cables are fully inserted, and that the cables have no breaks in the insulation, especially if the console is the only device showing the issue.
Thema:

1. Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen??? - Similar Threads - Changing ceiling fan

2. Being charged to change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being charged to change my gamertag?: So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it? I thought the first change was for free and...
  3. Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Reporting System changes report to "offensive name" upon sending: Hello, The last few times I've reported another player for inactivity or quitting early, I go to submit the report, and just before it sends it changes the report to "reporting user for offensive...
  4. Will I lose access to alpha skip ahead program? If I change xbox one s to xbox one x for...

in XboX Insiders
    Will I lose access to alpha skip ahead program? If I change xbox one s to xbox one x for...: submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  5. Why do Microsoft subscriptions change mid-month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do Microsoft subscriptions change mid-month?: So I know Games with Gold changes games on 15th but I didn't realise this was the way with all things. I subscribed to Game Pass last month and was playing a game recently that said leaving soon,...
  6. Changing regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing regions: I am getting a error code (80150017) and i think it has to do with the fact that i brought my xbox 360 from the United States (where i got it) and have retired in the Philippines. When trying to...
  7. changing the e-mail account but keeping the same xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing the e-mail account but keeping the same xbox account: im not using this e-mail account no more now i have a new one , but i want to keep the same xbox account ,how can i do that ? i've been looking for an option to do that but i dont find any...
  8. How to change xbox gamer pic on the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change xbox gamer pic on the internet?: How to change xbox profile pictures (gamerpic) on the internet Microsoft. Com or xbox .com? a6efae49-0b33-4e1f-bb33-d953cedfb9eb
  9. Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Change: Hi, as the title says I asked for a change of gamertag like 2 and a half days ago, since it was my second change of gamertag there was a charge to my account to do it, which I paid. I can see the...
  10. Can you change your email if you have 2 step verification on but can't use that email anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you change your email if you have 2 step verification on but can't use that email anymore?: Can anyone help or can i play Digital games on my new tag that i paid for under a old tag a402ed94-c31e-417c-9027-6609653a2e76