Changing Child to an Adult

Discus and support Changing Child to an Adult in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My child has now turned 18 (almost 19) and is still listed as a child. How can I change this to an adult account? f457b19f-4dc2-4e9f-887b-f5ef35d13c0c Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rosajen5, Apr 13, 2020.

1. rosajen5
    rosajen5 Guest

My child has now turned 18 (almost 19) and is still listed as a child. How can I change this to an adult account?

:)

rosajen5, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Saeleth Win User

Mixer Http issue

Is the account in question a child's or adult's account? If its a child account you may want to change it to an adult account and give it a shot.
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Can’t change gamerpic cause not adult account

The adult account need to upgrade to adult or wait until the child account becomes adult in prder to change it...
  4. TheMiracleDragon Win User

Xbox Website

You can't exactly change a child account to an adult account until the child has actually turned 18. However, you can change their permissions. You need to log into the adult account, and under family settings, you can change the permissions of your child's
    account.
  5. ChaosReigNZ84 Win User

Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

how do I change

First question, are you using a child or an adult account.

I ask because if it's a child account, you can't change them without an adult account
Thema:

1. Changing Child to an Adult - Similar Threads - Changing Child Adult

2. Child and adult account changing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child and adult account changing: Hello Im struggling with the accounts on my Xbox and want to make child accounts adult accounts. How do I do that? 64ace69c-5214-4b55-8d7d-cd0daf6618ba
  3. Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult): How do I convert a child account (member) to and adult account (organizer)? I've modified every known setting and my son is still unable to make xbox purchases under a child account, even when I...
  4. How do i change my account from a child to an adult? (i don't know the categories)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my account from a child to an adult? (i don't know the categories): Hello, how do i change the age of my account because i have an issue that i need to resolve that has this step in it. If you need to know i am older than a "child" now....
  5. Changing child account to adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing child account to adult account: My account used to be a child account over a year ago and i still need permission to buy things on the xbox games store, i have since passed the age of needing permission to buy things but it is...
  6. How do I change my Xbox account from child to adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox account from child to adult: I made my Xbox account when I was 12 or 13 years old, so my Xbox account was a child's account. I am now 19, yet still have to ask permission to buy games, but I'm not sure who it's asking since...
  7. Change adult account to child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change adult account to child: I have let my son play on my adult account on his xbox, but i would now like to change the account to a child account so he can keep his things on Fortnite etc, but i can have control over his...
  8. Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.: Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account.Has this been fixed YET? The issue being that I don't want to...
  9. Can't change child account to adult

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change child account to adult: My son is 19 and his sub account (family member account) still says hes a child and i can't figure out how to change it to adult. Ive been on the account manager page but there were only options...
  10. Move achievements to child account or change adult account into child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move achievements to child account or change adult account into child account: We need to start using screen time and other family settings on our Xbox One. Today all achievements are on the adult administrative account, thus we need to move all achievements to a child...