Changing email for primary alias

Discus and support Changing email for primary alias in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Vulri, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Vulri
    Vulri Guest

I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing a primary email address alias, and went to create a new email and add it is an alias, but it says it
    is taken. Now when I try to sign into it (in case I created it in the past and forgot) it says the email address does not exist. Any advice?

:)

Vulri, Sep 6, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Vulri

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to get your primary alias changed. I can totally see how this could be pretty confusing. In this instance, I think it would behoove you to have a
    customer support agent help try and guide you through the process to see what may be keeping you.

When you get a chance, try reaching out to them through the link and let us know if that helped.

Thanks!
  3. CrunkMunk Win User

Hello,

have you only one or more Microsoft accounts? And have you made the change via pc or xbox? Is always recommended to make Account changes on pc. It can also happen that changes are not applied immediately. So wait a few hours and try it again.
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

5. DrifterX22 Win User

my account

You can change the primary email address on an account as a way to move things over. Its a multi-step process but does work.

create or get a new email address

add that address as an alias on the account

move that alias up to primary

make sure everything is working correctly

remove former primary email address
  6. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
Thema:

1. Changing email for primary alias - Similar Threads - Changing email primary

2. Change primary email too mine

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change primary email too mine: How do you change primary email too mine and get rid of other one on grandsons xbox 218ff060-8c4e-4a61-b413-1190c678e345
  3. Changing primary email for Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email for Xbox account?: Hello, I am in the process of selling my Xbox and the account mainly due to not having time to play anymore due to work. I have a buyer but the email associated to my Xbox account is my personal...
  4. I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems: The email change caused me not to be able to play games when loading any game it just says "Cant find previous data try agin or offline" also i cant join or start xbox chat parties and the xbox...
  5. Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change: I've tried to change my primary alias email and it just won't work. When I hit the hyperlink sent to my new email nothing changes or happens in my microsoft xbox account. There must be a way to do...
  6. Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account: help! cannot log into my Xbox live Account on Xbox one After changed primary email! 238a71b1-449d-4ef2-9825-4fe04db3eb40
  7. Changing primary email address on my xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing primary email address on my xbox account: Hi, My primary account : *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is associated with gamertag : gameboyguru727. This gamertag is used by my son (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  8. Cannot change primary email as it is a typo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change primary email as it is a typo...: I created this account years and years ago on xbox 360. I have all my achievements and a few purchases here. Problem is when i created this in like 9th grade I typo'd the email address as *** Die...
  9. Won't let my change my primary email adress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let my change my primary email adress: So on step 6. of the changing your email address you add in an allias and the stupid thing just says "THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS ALREADY TAKEN. PLEASE TRY ANOTHER." Even though i own the email address...
  10. How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...: I have been pulling my hair out on the phone with support trying to figure this out. My Microsoft account is over 10 years old. I no longer have access to the primary email address linked to it....