Changing email for primary alias

Discus and support Changing email for primary alias in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Vulri, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Vulri
    Vulri Guest

I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing a primary email address alias, and went to create a new email and add it is an alias, but it says it
    is taken. Now when I try to sign into it (in case I created it in the past and forgot) it says the email address does not exist. Any advice?

:)

Vulri, Sep 6, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Vulri

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to get your primary alias changed. I can totally see how this could be pretty confusing. In this instance, I think it would behoove you to have a
    customer support agent help try and guide you through the process to see what may be keeping you.

When you get a chance, try reaching out to them through the link and let us know if that helped.

Thanks!
  3. CrunkMunk Win User

Hello,

have you only one or more Microsoft accounts? And have you made the change via pc or xbox? Is always recommended to make Account changes on pc. It can also happen that changes are not applied immediately. So wait a few hours and try it again.
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

5. XBF Leo G Win User

Account Alias Question

Hello wolfeboy1,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning more about keeping an alias after removing it as the primary alias, and you would like to make your Gmail account the primary alias. The email address will remain
    on the account as a secondary alias after you remove it from the primary alias slot. Once you

change the primary alias
    on the Gmail account, you will still see your old email address on the list. If the old email address is a Microsoft email address like @outlook or @live and it's removed, the email address will be deleted permanently and cannot
    be reclaimed after it is removed. You can assign a third-party email address to another Microsoft account.

In order for you to use your Gmail account as the primary alias of another Microsoft account, you need to remove it from the account when it is a secondary alias. This means removing it as the primary alias from the Microsoft account that has it. The
    article we provided explains more about completing the process, and what's involved with it. We hope this information helps wolfeboy1!
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

my account

You can change the primary email address on an account as a way to move things over. Its a multi-step process but does work.

create or get a new email address

add that address as an alias on the account

move that alias up to primary

make sure everything is working correctly

remove former primary email address
Thema:

1. Changing email for primary alias - Similar Threads - Changing email primary

2. Account hacked, they changed the phone number on the account, and my primary email on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account hacked, they changed the phone number on the account, and my primary email on the...: So someone has hacked into my xbox live account. I have it required to where my password is required when signing in, but they apparently know my password and it keeps signing me out. When I...
  3. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  4. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email: Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically...
  5. Can't sync Xbox save data after changing primary email alias

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sync Xbox save data after changing primary email alias: So - i made my Microsoft account a few years ago with one email adress (hotmail.com). As time has gone, i have had the need to use this account for more stuff, and thus changed the primary alias...
  6. Primary Email address change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Primary Email address change: Hey so basically i have a main email address i use for all my emails etc on a daily basis and that same email address is linked to a completly unused xbox account where as my actual xbox account i...
  7. Changing my primary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my primary email address: So I'm trying to change my primary email for my microsoft account but it keeps telling me: "We were unable to make xxxxxxxx your primary alias. Please try again later." I have tried it a few...
  8. Cant change primary email as its an @xboxlivefamily.com email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change primary email as its an @xboxlivefamily.com email: My gamertags primary email is an @xboxlivefamily.com email which wont allow me to change the primary email because the domains organization doesn't allow it and this email doesn't receive nor can...
  9. After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...: I wanted to change my primary email on my Microsoft account, now I cannot access some games titles. Fortnite wont go pass the launch screen and gives me an error. Meanwhile Minecraft will does not...
  10. Changing primary emails on Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing primary emails on Xbox account: If i change the primary email to a new one will i lose all my game progress, skins, and extras i bought for my games? Will it make it like a brand new account or will i still have my save data on...