changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

Discus and support changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Waysender, May 21, 2018.

1. Waysender
    Waysender Guest

Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was unsuccessful, now since Microsoft is moving to a "universal" system
    where you no longer get codes but have items and credits directly deposited into your account it seems prudent for me to finally follow through and link my primary Microsoft account with my Microsoft Xbox Live account/gamertag.

So my primary Microsoft account has a gamertag that I have never used. A few years when I tried to change over I think it just randomly generated a gamertag for this account that I have been stuck with. So my list of steps are as follows, and if I am wrong
    or missing a step please let me know, thanks.

1. Make a new Microsoft account/email that I can move/link the unused gamertag with.

2. Now that my primary Microsoft account/email is no longer linked to a gamertag I am free to change my Xbox Gamertags email to my primary Microsoft account/email, correct?

I feel silly that I am somewhat confused by what is essentially a two step process but reading about people who have lost information going through this process I am still a bit nervous.

If anyone has gone through this and can confirm that you are able to keep all associated info please let me know, thank you.

James

:)

Waysender, May 21, 2018
  2. Changing email linked to gamertag problem

OK,So I'm trying to move this gamertag to a new email address. Now I did have a gamertag previously on the email that I'm trying to move this one onto, so I moved it off to a third, useless email account after the thirty days and such so now there's nothing
    attached to the desired email account.

Now when I go to move this gamer tag over it is saying that the two email addresses are in different countries which when I go to the settings of both accounts they both say the same country(Canada btw)

Tried calling customer service and they were unable to resolve the issue and recommended I try here.

BiggieLittle101, May 21, 2018
  3. Changing email linked to gamertag problem

Hey there, BiggieLittle101. This sounds like an issue with the Microsoft Account itself. I'd recommend reaching out to the Microsoft Account folks here to see if they can assist you further:
    answers.microsoft.com/.../liveid. Give it a shot and please keep us posted on your progress!

Mister Darcy-9112DFBA-C8F5-4A28-894C-8B6135A0967B, May 21, 2018
  4. JACOB8u Win User

Change Xbox Ambassdor email?

Is it a hotmail email? you need to change the email associated with your xbox gamertag, as your ambasador program profile and your xbox gamertag are linked.
  5. WiseDragon Win User

POSSO MODIFICARE LA E MAIL DEL MIO ACCOUNT?

6. Xe7o Win User

wrong game tag!

Your Email account is linked to your Gamertag (Xbox live account) that of which you may be using the wrong email or the account associated with the email may have changed. I would contact the xbox support team via Phone and tell them your real Gamertag and
    see which email account it is linked to.
  7. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Deleting Xbox account + Changing Xbox account's email address

8. Original Colton Win User

HELP±!±

Well, log onto Xbox.com with the email and click the link "Forgot Password".

It'll send an email to the email linked to that gamertag to change the password.
Thema:

1. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag - Similar Threads - changing email linked

2. Changing Gamertag linked email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamertag linked email: Hello, I previously set up my son's gamertag for Minecraft (xbox) and linked it to my gmail address. I have since created a gmail account for him as well as a microsoft account using that new...
  3. My Xbox account was compromised and the linked email and phone number was changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account was compromised and the linked email and phone number was changed: My pc was recently ratted and it had my microsoft account info which inevitably was compromised. The bad part is the email and phone number were changed and I have no idea what to do about this....
  4. Wrong email linked to child's xbox gaming account. How do I change that?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrong email linked to child's xbox gaming account. How do I change that?: I linked the wrong child's email to their xbox gaming account. But I can't figure out how to change it. When I go to their account profile on Microsoft, it is correct, but in the game profile,...
  5. Changing linked email address for my main XBL account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing linked email address for my main XBL account: So recently I've been wanting to change the email address linked to my main profile as it'll be easier with redemption codes etc. I can't seem to find a way to do this. I go to add the 'alias' on...
  6. We linked the new XBox Ultimate game pass with the wrong email. How do I change it to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    We linked the new XBox Ultimate game pass with the wrong email. How do I change it to the...: I bought a new PC for Christmas. It came with 1 month of XBox Ultimate. The windows setup linked this to the wrong email account at outlook.com. We already have an xbox gold account, which will...
  7. How to change email address linked to XBOX account but still keep old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address linked to XBOX account but still keep old email: Hi, My partner let her son use her email account to make an xbox account. Now he has grown up we want to have him use his own email. I saw you can add a email and change the primary however it...
  8. Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email linked to XBOX/Microsoft account: I set up my Xbox/Microsoft account many moons ago with my old, very long, very childish email address. When I tried changing the email linked to my account years ago, I was told I couldn't...
  9. Change email linked to my Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email linked to my Xbox Live: English Hello! My Xbox Live account is linked to my dad's work email. Since my dad uses this email to work, I'd like to pass my Xbox Live account to my email address. It is possible? Remember,...
  10. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag: Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was...