Changing Gamertag did not work (completely)

Discus and support Changing Gamertag did not work (completely) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i have changed my gamertag four days ago. When I log in into the online xbox-account, the gamertag has changed there. Same with the Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ro1f Mue11er, May 29, 2022.

1. Ro1f Mue11er
    Ro1f Mue11er Guest

Hi,

i have changed my gamertag four days ago. When I log in into the online xbox-account, the gamertag has changed there. Same with the Minecraft launcher, it also displays the new gamertag. Only the in-game gamertag is still remaining unchanged. Whenever I die or participate in rooms, I still displays the old gamertag.

Did I miss something or why doesn't the in-game gamertag doesn't change?

As new name i chose a name with an umlaut ("ö"). The tool for changing the name on social.xbox.com indicated that this will work on new versions. And for old versions i should use a alternate version of the name without umlauts, which I did. So there was no reason to assume that that the new name could not work (either the original or the alternate). Having paid 9 dollar for a simple name change, one could expect this to work properly.

:)

Ro1f Mue11er, May 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Not all games have been updated to work with the new gamertag policy. So any tags with a special character will not show a new tag, but your account will keep your old tag as a "classic" gamertag for use in those areas.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This depends on the game. Some games have their own profile as well which will not be affected if we change our Gamertag.

If I may ask, what is the game where the Gamertag hasn't been charged yet?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag HELP

5. DaytimePlayer66 Win User

Capital letters in gamertag

That did not work, how do i change my gamertag?
  6. An Xbox Dude Win User

Gamertag showing up wrong?

How long ago did you change your Gamertag to this current name? You may need to wait a few days for it to completely update possibly, if you changed it recently.
Thema:

1. Changing Gamertag did not work (completely) - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertag did

2. My new Xbox gamertag did not change

in XboX Insiders
    My new Xbox gamertag did not change: I just bought a new gamertag for xbox and it never changed, It also took money from my account. I dont know If I have to wait, And If I do for how long? I need help. submitted by...
  3. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  4. TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...: I was trying to update my gamertag on my old xbox and my account got charged 5 times even though i never got a name change. I just kept getting an error, but I still got charged everytime. I have...
  5. Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change.: Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change? I thought it will automatically applies the change. What happened? 9a9643d0-4d84-41a1-bdfe-5f1da0d1616b
  6. Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?: My gamer tag for Minecraft has always been TacticalHen830 since I started playing Minecraft logged in with my Microsoft account on Nintendo Switch this year. Today the game prompted me to...
  7. Code of enforcement team did a gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code of enforcement team did a gamertag change: I’ve been playing on xbox live for over 6 months now as [mod removed]. A few hours ago microsofts code of enforcement people changed my gamertag. My question is why? There’s nothing offensive or...
  8. Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?: I just bought the MCC on Steam, and I created a new Microsoft account. After creating an approved gamertag I wanted, I loaded up the game to find it had stuck me with a default gamertag. Why did...
  9. It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....?

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says I changed my gamertag but I never did before....?: So recently Ive been thinking that I should change my name on Xbox, I've always been EchoxWindwaker. Then, when I tried to change it out for a new name that was available, it charged me the...
  10. Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it change my GamerTag and account?: So i use my microsoft account for Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, yesterday i went to log on and it made me connect my account again and so when authenicating between my account Via iphone, it...