Changing Gamertag linked email

Discus and support Changing Gamertag linked email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I previously set up my son's gamertag for Minecraft (xbox) and linked it to my gmail address. I have since created a gmail account for him as... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ADetz, Jan 14, 2022.

1. ADetz
    ADetz Guest

Hello,

I previously set up my son's gamertag for Minecraft (xbox) and linked it to my gmail address. I have since created a gmail account for him as well as a microsoft account using that new gmail address. I am trying to transfer his gamertag over to his new account. I tried changing the alias email from my gmail to his but keep getting a message saying that the email is already being used.

how can I change the email associated with this gamertag so he doesn't lose his progress?

Thanks

:)

ADetz, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Original Colton Win User

HELP±!±

Well, log onto Xbox.com with the email and click the link "Forgot Password".

It'll send an email to the email linked to that gamertag to change the password.
  3. Abbathdebinic Win User

Gamertag

thank you all for help.

The link to change gamertag says that the gamertag is allready existing.

"

You have to unkink any email from your old gamertag.

Then unlink the actual gamertag with your email account.

And finally , link the old gamertag to your email account."

how ?

thx
  4. medium bloke Win User

email address stuck 2 wrong gamertag

If someone else is already using the email address you want for a gamertag, then you cannot re-use the email unless the other person changes their email linked to their gamertag. If you make a new email address, then you can link it to a gamertag you want
    if it's available.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Changing email linked to gamertag problem

Hey there, BiggieLittle101. This sounds like an issue with the Microsoft Account itself. I'd recommend reaching out to the Microsoft Account folks here to see if they can assist you further:
    answers.microsoft.com/.../liveid. Give it a shot and please keep us posted on your progress!
  6. Dark Eeveon Win User

Changing the email that is linked to your Gamertag.

I changed the 1st option, the one that is directly associated with my profile, the one that is used to sign into xbox live.

I followed the links but they didn't help. Thanks for the reply.
Thema:

1. Changing Gamertag linked email - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertag linked

2. Change gamertag link broken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamertag link broken?: What is up with the gamertag system? Microsoft gave me the lamest gamertag in the existence when I bought Minecraft and now whenever I try to change it just redirects me automatically from...
  3. Getting my Ubisoft account to link to my xbox account after gamertag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting my Ubisoft account to link to my xbox account after gamertag change: I changed my gamertag some time ago. Now it won't let me connect to my ubisoft account. It is saying I need to re-associate it with the account I originally linked to, but the account hasn't...
  4. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag: Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was...
  5. changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing email linked to Xbox Gamertag: Hello, I have read through the posted walkthrough for this process but thought I would double check before I do something that cannot be undone. I tried to change a few years ago but was...
  6. Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard (nearly impossible) to change the E-mail linked to a gamertag?: When i created my xbox live account i accidentally did it with an outlook.com mail. I want to change the e-mail address to my hotmail account, but that one also has an xbox live gamertag assigned....
  7. Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account not linked up with my gamertag or profile? How do I change this?: I can't access my overdue subscriptions. 997836f5-37ec-4867-adeb-f394f71cfadc
  8. Requesting link to change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requesting link to change gamertag: My gamertag was changed the other day, I guess it violated the code of conduct. If this is so that's fine, I would just like to change it to something else at least. My email is [Mod Removed]...
  9. The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...: Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't like and I don't want. I was wondering if I...
  10. The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...: Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't like and I don't want. I was wondering if I...