Changing Gamertag: Services down for over a month?

Discus and support Changing Gamertag: Services down for over a month? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my gamertag for over a month, but each time I visit the site (https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag), I see a message... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShannonChu, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ShannonChu
    ShannonChu Guest

I have been trying to change my gamertag for over a month, but each time I visit the site (https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag), I see a message that tells me "Error:
    one or more services are experiencing an outage. Please try again later."

I contacted support two or three times, and the last time I asked Xbox support a few weeks ago, they informed me that it was a bug that would be fixed. I'm reaching out to the wider community in the hopes that someone might have an idea of what to do. I've
    tried signing in through different browsers and through the Xbox app on PC, but no luck. Using a console is not an option. Is there anything else I could try?

edit: also tried clearing cache, signing in with incognito, no adblock, no VPN

Shoutout to John P. who put up with all my questions the first time I contacted Xbox support.

:)

ShannonChu, Feb 2, 2020
  2. ShannonChu Win User

Hi Onyx, thanks for the reply! I did try everything you suggested (cache clear, incognito, no ad block/VPN) and unfortunately, nothing worked.
  3. lllWormWoodlll Win User

Hi, the link is working for me, as well, with Edge.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I'm not sure why it's saying that, maybe try a different browser?

I just tried that link myself and have no problems. The link lets me put in another gamertag request.

I see this:

Choose your new gamertag

Xbox has expanded the range of possible gamertags and languages. Now you can choose just about any name you want.

If you like the gamertag you have now, don’t worry. It won’t change if you don’t want, and no one else can take it.​

Your new gamertag:

Up to 12 characters, including spaces. Can't start with a number.

I'm on Firefox and I do use an adblocker, and it loaded up fine.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. If you've tried multiple browsers to get into the site but it has not worked then please try clearing the cache on all your browsers. You could also try accessing via an Incognito window.

If you're using a VPN or Ad Blocker turn those off
  6. ngocphi Win User

Vpn is the worst thing to do with your connectjon as it causes major lag

Also have you tried a different browser

Anything but chrome or safari

Firefox or edge or IE are best
Thema:

1. Changing Gamertag: Services down for over a month? - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertag Services

2. Dislike gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dislike gamertag change: Hi I changed my gamertag and dont like it. Can I go back to the old one somehow? Apparently the old on is over the 12 character limit, but can xbox support just set it back to the old one? Thanks...
  3. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change: So, I've been loking to change my nmae on xbox one Ive been trying to get Ace. But when i type it in it says that is already taken, so i checked and when i searched them up my xbox said there was...
  4. Microsoft gamertag change not working...?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft gamertag change not working...?: I recently changed my gamertag from Amberfoxpops to . However, the entire xbox system still recognizes me as “Amberfoxpops” and says I havent changed my gamertag. When I try to change it, it...
  5. Gamertag changed by enforcement service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed by enforcement service: Hi, My gamertag got changed by the Enforcement service, Apparently mine didn't seem appropriate, I didn't mean to hurt any feeling, but after some explanation I can understand that it needed...
  6. Gamertag change request with service request number [Mod removed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change request with service request number [Mod removed]: I've been getting hate messages for my gamertag and have no money to change my gamertag. Anthony told me to come here and put that referral code in the subject please help....
  7. Gamertag change with service request number [Mod Removed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change with service request number [Mod Removed]: I made my account when I was 14 and pretty ignorent I played Xbox for a long time before I got Xbox live. My gamer tag causes me constant harassment when I play online. I enjoy playing online...
  8. Possible force gamertag change with Service Request [Modremove]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible force gamertag change with Service Request [Modremove]: i was prompted to re download my profile. when i did i had i new gamertag....why??? 7eeb346b-f8a9-4b4c-a516-fca68524a724
  9. Gamertag change request service request number [Mod Removed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change request service request number [Mod Removed]: I was never able to receive my free gamertag change. It has always just given me the option to buy, even well before 30 days I made the account. 763ff6f2-17ca-4ab2-9cb3-18c1528f56ed
  10. Gamertag change request - service request referral number

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change request - service request referral number: Could you please force change my gamer-tag as I don't feel comfortable having it. People from my school who know about my gamer-tag usually make fun of it and make jokes out of it. Algis...