Changing Gamertags

Discus and support Changing Gamertags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have both a 360 and an Xbox One and I still play on both. I have decided to change my gamertag as I have had it for a while and have grown tired of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by It'sMeJon, Oct 18, 2020 at 5:12 AM.

1. It'sMeJon
    It'sMeJon Guest

Changing Gamertags

I have both a 360 and an Xbox One and I still play on both. I have decided to change my gamertag as I have had it for a while and have grown tired of it. If I were to change it on the 360, would it automatically update on my Xbox one? If not, how would
    I go about doing that?

:)

2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Changing Gamertags

1. Changing Gamertags - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertags

2. Changer de Gamertag XBOX -[Translation - Change XBOX Gamertag]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changer de Gamertag XBOX -[Translation - Change XBOX Gamertag]: Bonjour, je voulais changer mon gamertag "Beegroo" en "Gouenne". Le problème est que "Gouenne" n'est pas autorisé. J'ai vu votre forum https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/staysafe#topic9 où...
  3. Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag?

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag?: Hi, Is there any method to swap out the associated e-mail address on an xbox account that is permanently banned so that I may use that e-mail on a non-banned account. My main e-mail address is...
  4. Cant make payment for Xbox Gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant make payment for Xbox Gamertag change: I'm trying to change my Xbox gamertag, but as i go to pay my existing payment options don't appear. When I try to create a new one, I cant change my country/region is locked into United States...
  5. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  6. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change: Why on Earth is it 9.99 for a gamertag change when i already pay for xbox gane pass and every other microtransaction that benefits xbox and its games? Make it make sense....
  7. Xbox Gamertag was changed by a sibling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag was changed by a sibling: So my Xbox GamerTag () was changed to (LambdaChi) by a sibling. Now it would cost money to change it back, and I can't really do that, what do I do? 430c425e-fe62-4407-9de1-379026b67757
  8. How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?: HI I just need help how to revert my Gamertag after I changed it but I couldn't revert it back because "This Gamertagisn't allowed. Try a different one." my name is not a bad language or anything...
  9. Change email on xbox gamertag completely.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email on xbox gamertag completely.: Ok I bought my stepson a 1 a few years ago and on my haste to get him started I used my main gmail with all of my personal things in it. I had my own gamertag so there was never a problem being my...
  10. Change Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Change Xbox Gamertag: I had a classic gamertag myusername registered to a hotmail account which I rarely use. My "modern" Microsoft account uses a non hotmail e-mail address and is what my Office 365, Windows and store...