Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to...

Discus and support Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello folks, back in the days, you simply changed the language during the installation process. Job done. Nowadays (Gamepass Ultimate here) you are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheCaballus2020, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to...

Hello folks,

back in the days, you simply changed the language during the installation process. Job done.

Nowadays (Gamepass Ultimate here) you are either locked to the regions language or locked out of a folder.

- Origin (back then) in Poland: Russian and Polish only which is redicilous in games like Battlefield
    - Now EA another example: I can only buy the Polish version of FIFA with no option to change the language (both speech and text) to english
    etc.

The only platform allowing this for most games easily is Steam.

Now, I'm totally messed up mentally how to change the language. The game I'm asking about is Prey. The audio is english, but the damn text is in german which messes up my mind.

I tried finding the folder of the game which seems locked behind a folder (WindowsApps?) and I'm not even sure about it. Access to that folder would give me the possibility to swap the damn language files. Then I found a mod... but this mod can't find the folder of the game with the *.exe file. I'm about to go nuts.

What in the gods name is happening? Why is this such a complicated matter? I don't want to change my systems language (which I use for work) to english, I just want to change the text's language from german to english in Prey. Seems like impossible in these times good lord.......

Most threads which I've found are simply locked down by a Mod with NO REAL ANSWERS as to how to change the damn language in a game.
    Well and here I am hoping to know something what I might miss.

Greetings,

Cabal

:)

TheCaballus2020, Sep 15, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to ENGLISH while living in POLAND. Can this be any more complicated?

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Cabal, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, unfortunately, the gamepass installed games are impossible to edit their directory, because they are in this very folder (WindowsApps) and the Windows does not allow it to be edited. :/ In game, there's and option for you to change the language of the game and also the subtitles. You did look for it, but do not find it?
  3. xXxTorchwoodxXx Win User

Region / Language Options

I Agree too. I'm german, but would like to change the language to english because of Kinect commands that work better for me in english and because i like to use english language in games (because the german translation isn't that good in games/movies).

But i still want to use the german store and live servers.
  4. Feanor9 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 Crash ucrtbase.dll Exception code: 0xc0000409

Hey phoenix,

My windows 10 was also on English. But if you look in the language settings via the windows 10 settings app you'll see that there is a seperste entry for "app language". Even though my regular language was set on en-us, this other one was set to a different
    language. Might be worth checking out. Putting this one on English us changed a few things. It turned the 24hr clock into a 12hr clock for example.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Cannot buy anything stuck on USA

If you're buying on the Xbox website, scroll to the bottom of the page, and in the lower left, check the country. If it's not Canada, click on the country and change it to Canada.

On your Windows 10 PC, open the Start menu, click on the small cogwheel symbol in the lower left of the menu to open the settings.

Go to "Time and Language" (or something similar. I'm using a German Windows 10, so my translation might be off).

On the right side of the settings window for the time and language settings, go to "Region". Make sure that these are also set to Canada.
  6. ScienceOfKaboom Win User

Can't redeem a Code

Hey Diego,

thanks for your response.

account.microsoft.com tells me that my profile is set for Germany.

After the soft factory reset I selected everything as German or Germany: The problem stays the same. When I type in the code it says in German that the game may not be available in this language region. It also shows
    some errorcode or something like that at the bottom K86aZUHRXUyKYP0X.21.6.9 2018/09/20 - 19:16:07 UTC

Regarding the link about how to change the regions:

Windows: Region Germany, Language German

Xbox: The same

Currency in the Store on Windows : €

Currency in the Store on Xbox: €

Both in German.

I searched for Halo Reach on the xbox store again, selected See price -> It appeared in German with the description of the backward compatibility and all -> And when I go to "continue" it takes a moment and then shows me the same window but in Spanish (and
    no credit card).
Thema:

Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to...

1. Changing languages in games (like Prey via Gamepass) on my GERMAN Windows 10 laptop to... - Similar Threads - Changing languages games

2. Anyway I can change the language of games on xcloud xbox app version?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway I can change the language of games on xcloud xbox app version?: Hello, wanted to know if I can change the language of games, as when I launch games on my browser they show up on portuguese (the language that I want them to be) and when launching them on the...
  3. Is there a way to change the default game language on Android Xbox Cloud beta?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to change the default game language on Android Xbox Cloud beta?: I just received the beta invite for the Android Xbox Cloud in Brazil. But the problem is that all games that offer dubbing in Portuguese automatically start in Portuguese. Since I'm not much of a...
  4. How to change in game audio and subtitle language? [Xbox Series X/S]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change in game audio and subtitle language? [Xbox Series X/S]: How can I change game audio and subtitle language on Xbox Series X/S? I coudn't find this option anywhere and this is a pretty basic and fundamental option in games....
  5. Yakuza Kiwami game text language changed

in XBoX on Windows
    Yakuza Kiwami game text language changed: Hello, I have played Yakuza Kiwami from the Xbox app on Windows 10 via gamepass. I didn't play Kiwami for a while and now as i started it, all the menu and subtitles texts are in japanese. I...
  6. arx fatalis - game pass - how to change language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    arx fatalis - game pass - how to change language: Hi I installed Arx Fatalis from game pass, and it runs in local language, which is German. I need it to run in English language. How can I change the language? There is no option in the game....
  7. Fallout New Vegas on Game Pass cannot change language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas on Game Pass cannot change language: Hello, I live in Switzerland in the Italian speaking region and, sometimes games on Game Pass appear only in German, with no option to set them in English. In some cases, it's enough to set the...
  8. Changing Language in Game Pass Games (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Language in Game Pass Games (PC): I recently downloaded ME Andromeda through Game Pass and EAPlay and found out that I can't change the Ingame dialogue language. I would like to play it in english but it is locked to german(That's...
  9. Change the language of games for XBOX PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Change the language of games for XBOX PC: Hello, i just paid for the game pass just to realise there is no way to change the language of the game. I even set my entire system to another language and reinstalled the game but its still...
  10. Can I change the in-game language of Tomb Raider (Rise of the Tomb Raider)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change the in-game language of Tomb Raider (Rise of the Tomb Raider)?: I'm considering purchasing an Xbox Series S console but have a question about the language settings. I understand that a user can change the console's language settings, but can I change the...