Changing Microsoft Account and Previous Downloads

Discus and support Changing Microsoft Account and Previous Downloads in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! If I change my Microsoft Account for my gamertag on my 360, will I still be able to access all my past downloads such as games and add-ons? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sensei89, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Sensei89
    Sensei89 Guest

Hello!

If I change my Microsoft Account for my gamertag on my 360, will I still be able to access all my past downloads such as games and add-ons? I know any money stored on the account will be lost, but it is not clear whether past downloads/purchases will be.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Sensei89, Apr 3, 2015
  2. Immigration

I have xbox one. I immigrated a while ago and my Microsoft account (Not xbox live) was set to my previous country. When I tried changing it, I couldn't. Now I cant download any content because the xbox says not avalible in your location. Please help!

P.S: I tried doing the Xbox live migration but it didn't work.

InitiateGlobe, Apr 3, 2015
  3. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Apr 3, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

All DLC is linked to the account itself and will be readily available even if you change the email or gamertag.

onyxishere, Apr 4, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

All DLC is linked to the account itself and will be readily available even if you change the email or gamertag.
  6. A Falcon Bird Win User

gamertag

Don't start a new account just to change your gamertag. It's 800 microsoft points to change it. If you start a new account, you'll need to re-purchase any downloads that you have already bought if you ever need to re-download them. You can always re-download
    a purchase for no charge if it was already bought on that same account. $10 to change the GT vrs. re-buying all previous downloads, what is worth more?
  7. HassanB Win User

Login or password is not valid.

Well, that's normal for it to take 30 days to change over security proofs, but the password change should be immediate. Please click the link in my previous post to fill in the form to contact a member of the Microsoft Account team. It seems there's something
    more wrong here than just your inability to download your profile.
  8. EmmettTobin Win User

Getting games back on my Xbox.

have you tried speaking to microsoft support and trying to get the previous account back with details of the account?
    Yea the password was changed so they couldnt do anything about it. I believe the email was changed as well.
  9. Puppy Fujo Win User

Account Deletion and Transfer of certain Licenses

You can however change the email address associated with your Microsoft account but the account would still be yours. You would just be changing the address used to login. As the previous response says, we are unable to simply transfer some or all of your
    digital licenses to another account. If you want to change the email address used to login to your account I have provided the instructions below for your convenience.

Change email address to login to your Microsoft account
Thema:

1. Changing Microsoft Account and Previous Downloads - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft Account

2. Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag: Hi, I have had a look on here and can't seem to find a solution for this and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a very old microsoft account that I do not want to use for anything but my...
  3. I cant change my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my Microsoft account on minecraft ps4: So i used a Microsoft account that i forgot the email and password for and im logged off on minecraft ps4, is there any way i can unlink it without being logged in? Ive tried deleting my settings...
  4. I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a...: I can not reach Microsoft’s accounts group, I try changing my password it says there is a temporary problem with the service. I tried the comunity but they claim they have no access. I...
  5. Change Microsoft account associated with GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Microsoft account associated with GamerTag: I'm trying to change the Microsoft account (moving Gamertag to another Microsoft Account). I have found: On the Xbox360 I go to >Settings>Profile>>Account Security>Change Microsoft Account...
  6. How do I change my date of birth on my microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my date of birth on my microsoft account?: Hi, I've been trying to sign into an app lately and I needed to use my Microsoft account to sign in.This wouldn't have been a problem but it said I was to young. So I went ant checked my account...
  7. After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...: I wanted to change my primary email on my Microsoft account, now I cannot access some games titles. Fortnite wont go pass the launch screen and gives me an error. Meanwhile Minecraft will does not...
  8. If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?: So I'm thinking of changing my GT since we get a free one. Will this affect things such as the Xbox Ambassador Programme or anything else my account is linked to?...
  9. How do I change emails between 2 microsoft accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change emails between 2 microsoft accounts?: To put it simply, I have 2 Xbox "Gamertags" or "accounts" and would like to swap the emails on them. Both emails are regularly used so I would like to keep them both intact. My xbox live account...
  10. i cant login to my microsoft account on minecraft for my PS4 after i changed my microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant login to my microsoft account on minecraft for my PS4 after i changed my microsoft...: Ever since I changed my Microsoft gamertag, I haven't been able to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft on my PS4. It keeps saying "we tried to sign you in to your Microsoft account, but...