Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history

Discus and support Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We bought an XboxOne console and linked it to my Hotmail Microsoft account. My children started using it before they even had an e-mail account. Now I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GUIGUI(2), Dec 17, 2019.

1. GUIGUI(2)
    GUIGUI(2) Guest

We bought an XboxOne console and linked it to my Hotmail Microsoft account. My children started using it before they even had an e-mail account. Now I have given one of them (the main user of the console) a Microsoft account (as part of the Microsoft Family
    app), and want to use the Xbox parental supervision feature, but, since the console is associated to my account, it is not possible. I could reset the console and associate it to my child's account, but he would lose his gamertag and game history. Is it possible
    to keep my account as main account for the device and add other players, plus transferring the history and gamertag to my child (or children)? Thanks in advance.

:)

GUIGUI(2), Dec 17, 2019
  2. GUIGUI(2) Win User

We bought an XboxOne console and linked it to my Hotmail Microsoft account. My children started using it before they even had an e-mail account. Now I have given one of them (the main user of the console) a Microsoft account (as part of the Microsoft
    Family app), and want to use the Xbox parental supervision feature, but, since the console is associated to my account, it is not possible. I could reset the console and associate it to my child's account, but he would lose his gamertag and game history. Is
    it possible to keep my account as main account for the device and add other players, plus transferring the history and gamertag to my child (or children)? Thanks in advance.
    Just found it at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...count-to/ea88995a-e7ae-47f0-930f-3ece603a53de
  3. MustyChickenDOH Win User

Games and progression are stored in cloud to prevent the loss
  4. GUIGUI(2) Win User

There is conflicting information out there from 2018 and earlier 2019. In the MS forums there is grave warning about losing your Microsoft account all along if you transfer your gamertag to another Microsoft account, but I assume that under the Family
    options it would not be the case. Please clarify whether the above has been modified (i.e. transferring gamertag to a child in Family will not result in losing your MS account, a plus would be to transfer history and credits too).
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi GUIGUI(2),

I'm not sure what conflicting information you've seen or are referring to, but it is not possible to transfer the Gamertag or Xbox Live data from one Microsoft account to another. There is no possible way to do it online and customer support has no ability
    to do so. If you want to set up a Family and have parental controls over your child's account, then they will need to start over with their own Gamertags. I know that it may be difficult if a lot of time was invested using your account but that would be the
    only way.
  6. GUIGUI(2) Win User

Thanks, which would be the steps?
Thema:

1. Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft account

2. Changing microsoft email registered to minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing microsoft email registered to minecraft account: Hello, I wanted to change the microsoft account associated with my Minecraft Java purchase because i am now using the new mincrosoft account and no t the old one. If i sign in to the launcher...
  3. How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?: Many moons ago I created an Xbox live account under an old email. This email explicitly showed my name (it had my first initial and last name in it). For various reasons I wont divulge I under...
  4. How change email microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How change email microsoft account: Hello everyone, i got a small issue that i'm trying to resolve : When i was young, i created an xbox account using my father email with linked his microsoft account with the xbox account (Call...
  5. How do I sign into a new Xbox account WITHOUT changing Microsoft accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I sign into a new Xbox account WITHOUT changing Microsoft accounts?: Hello, I don't know if it's possible. I'm following a Youtube tutorial on how to fix the "Failed to login: null" error message for Minecraft servers. If you do know how to fix this, please help....
  6. Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360: Today I tried to change the Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 to my current personal email, but after entering the correct credentials on both of them I got an error message that says I cannot...
  7. Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed main alias of my Microsoft Account and now cant play online: Changed the main alias of my Microsoft account, and although it said it could pass until 48 hours to sync the change in all the services, it's been 4 days and still neither can play online nor...
  8. Not able to change Microsoft/Minecraft Account

in XBoX on Mobile
    Not able to change Microsoft/Minecraft Account: I've been experiencing an issue since today on my android phone where I can't change my accounts in Minecraft as I have 2 accounts in particular for different reasons, I wanted to log into my...
  9. Xbox/Microsoft Account Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft Account Change: Hi, Hopefully someone can help me, I currently use an Xbox account set up using the Microsoft account of another family member. Would it be possible to change that Microsoft account associated...
  10. If I make a new microsoft account, will i be able to change the email associated with my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I make a new microsoft account, will i be able to change the email associated with my...: I used my email and Microsoft account to make my younger brothers Xbox account, and he has since used it to play fortnite and minecraft. I now want to change it so he can use his own email for...