Changing my billing address

Discus and support Changing my billing address in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently moved to another state and I got a message from Microsoft saying I had a pre-order for a game that was going to be billed to my credit card... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by X Thund3rL0rd X, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Changing my billing address

I recently moved to another state and I got a message from Microsoft saying I had a pre-order for a game that was going to be billed to my credit card within the next few weeks, and that I needed to make sure and update my address if it wasn't correct.
    So I set my new address up and set that as my preferred billing address. But when I tried to change my billing information for my card to the same as my new address, I got an error message saying the information provided didn't match. I might just be missing
    something simple or I don't understand the in's and out's of it all. Any help on this is appreciated on this. Thx

:)

X Thund3rL0rd X, Sep 5, 2019
  2. UnknonGamer Win User

Hello S0UL xx R3APER so when you set up a bank account the bank will need to know information about you to make sure it's you so I suggest. Contact your bank and tell them that you moved an would like to update my address and then try it on the Microsoft
    store or use your old address to have your credit card stuff save.
  3. X Thund3rL0rd X Win User

Ok so I tried removing the payment info for my card and I was able to update my billing info for my new address. Thanks so much for your help!🙏
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi S0UL XX R3APER,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Instead of updating the address, I'd recommend just removing the payment information entirely from https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments and then re-adding
    it with the correct information.

If you are still getting an error about the information not matching then I would recommend calling your bank first to make sure your billing address was updated with them, and then you should contact Xbox Customer Support over the phone to help you with
    your Microsoft billing account because we are not equipped to help with billing issues on the forums. Here is the best way to reach Xbox customer support:

1. Contact us here
    2. Select Xbox One
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Payment & billing under Account management
    5. Select show contact options and go to step 4
    6. Select Request a call from Support if available within hours of operation or there should be a number for you to call and hours of operation for your region

I hope this helps!
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Thund3rLord,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved. If you ever have another questions, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.
  6. X Thund3rL0rd X Win User

Ok thanks, ill try that and see if it works.
Thema:

1. Changing my billing address - Similar Threads - Changing billing address

2. Modifier un compte pour payez facture -[Translation - Change an account to pay bill]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Modifier un compte pour payez facture -[Translation - Change an account to pay bill]: Bonjour , Je voudrais savoir comment faire pour garder mon compte et en même temps si il y a moyen de rajouter une carte de banque en plus de la mienne. Vue que je ne joue jamais sur xbox que...
  3. Credit card was changed, yet i can't stop the reccuring bill. How do I stop it if the...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Credit card was changed, yet i can't stop the reccuring bill. How do I stop it if the...: I just need to know if there is anything helpful please respond b5864873-6fe2-45a1-be58-7768fcf44d6a
  4. Changing country while adding billing address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing country while adding billing address: Hi there, I recently redemmed XBox R300 gift card. I want to buy Minecraft for XBox 360. When I am trying to buy, it asks me to update the bill address. And there the country is set to US by...
  5. Change region on billing info?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change region on billing info?: Hey, Trying to purchase Metal Gear Revengeance, directs me to enter my billing info (I already have PayPal and my card set up) I cannot change the region from US to New Zealand. Ive followed what...
  6. Can't change Country/Region as it's hard-coded into the "Billing Contact Information" page.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Country/Region as it's hard-coded into the "Billing Contact Information" page.: Hello, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with the below question? I'm trying to add a new payment card, but the "Billing Contact Information" page displays that my...
  7. Can't change my billing address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change my billing address: Hey - So I wanted to watch a DVD on my XBOX One, and I had to download an app through the Microsoft store. Well, the app was installed for the Console to read region 2 (Europe/Asia) DVDs, and my...
  8. Region change, billing address, etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region change, billing address, etc.: My XBox account was set for US but I'm now living in Germany and need to switch everything wrt credit cards and the like. I've done "How to update your account if you move to a new country or...
  9. Region changes and changing billing address.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region changes and changing billing address.: I'm also having this issue. Migrated my account to Brasil but the billing address forces me to enter a US address code. How long it takes for the account to be fully migrated? Thanks...
  10. Cannot change billing address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change billing address: HI I live in Mauritius and i can not change my billing address. It is defaulted to UK I've tried many times but impossible for me to change the billing address. Please help Many Thanks...