Changing my gamertag question

Discus and support Changing my gamertag question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I’m considering changing my gamertag. Currently my gamertag is . I understand the process required to change my tag to a new one. My question... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I AM OCTUS, Feb 27, 2016.

1. I AM OCTUS
    I AM OCTUS Guest

Hello,

I’m considering changing my gamertag. Currently my gamertag is . I understand the process required to change my tag to a new one. My question is, if I decide that I don’t like my new gamertag can I return to my previously used tag? My concern is
    that gamertags might be like security passwords that don’t allow a person to use the same password twice or if a person can use a password twice they might need to have 10 new password before they can return to the original password.

What are the Microsoft/XBOX policies regarding returning to a previously used tag?

Thank you for your help answering my question.

OCTUS

:)

I AM OCTUS, Feb 27, 2016
  2. CJ3NKINS
    CJ3NKINS Guest
    Change the Microsoft account that my gamertag (XboxLive) is associated to.

Hi barretjones

I'm not interested in changing my mail. My question is about changing the microsoft account associated with my gamertag on xbox live. Changing my gamertag question :) I wan't to associate my sons microsoft account with the gamertage on my Microsoft account. But thanks anyways...

CJ3NKINS, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Question about changing my Gamertag...

Well, Oni would only be part of the name. The full name I intend to use is not taken according to a check I did.

GuardianPH0ENIX, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

As long as no one takes your old tag then you should be able to switch back.

You will have to pay for both changes though.

Daft Badger, Feb 27, 2016
  5. Daft Badger Win User

As long as no one takes your old tag then you should be able to switch back.

You will have to pay for both changes though.
  6. BigKitten190538 Win User

Case review update, (it's been 3 days)

Xbox changed my gamertag for unknown reasons. "ZforZakariah" is the name in question.
  7. CJ3NKINS Win User

Change the Microsoft account that my gamertag (XboxLive) is associated to.

Hi barretjones

I'm not interested in changing my mail. My question is about changing the microsoft account associated with my gamertag on xbox live. :) I wan't to associate my sons microsoft account with the gamertage on my Microsoft account. But thanks anyways...
  8. geekfather Win User

A question about changing my gamertag

Sheepish - It is always best to start your own thread.

There are no more Free Gamertag changes. I assume yours broke the creation rules. If so - you now get a random Gamertag. Most people who were given forced gamertag changes changed them to another name that violated the naming rules. It will cost you 10
    dollars to change it.

Enforcement does not read this forum and support is in complete error telling you to post here.
  9. Dirty Loco Win User

Question about changing my Gamertag...

Thema:

1. Changing my gamertag question - Similar Threads - Changing gamertag question

2. Change Gamertag Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Gamertag Question: Basically I have two gamertags for one profile which annoys me. GamerAiden#somerandomnumbers and GamerAiden2005. Since I own GamerAiden2005 why can't I make it my only gamertag and get rid of the...
  3. Strange gamertag change question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strange gamertag change question: I want to change my gamertag and I think that what I want to change it to is connected to me from YEARS ago. Is there a way to see what gamertags are connected to my email? When I search for it on...
  4. Question about changing gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about changing gamertag?: tl;dr at bottom Recently my account was compromised and one of the things they did was change my gamertag. The original gamertag was longer than can be used with the new character limit (you can...
  5. Question about Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question about Gamertag change: Hello, I seem to have some trouble regarding my gamertag. I want to change it to Soku or and the system wont let me, I searched about guidelines regarding this problem and cant seem to figure out...
  6. Gamertag change question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change question.: I understand the basics of the rules of a gamertag change. I have yet to find a source that tells me verbadem what the rules are. I want to change my gamertag, which is , to my old call sign in...
  7. Question about gamertag ban and missing "free" gamertag change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about gamertag ban and missing "free" gamertag change.: Hi, I'm having a couple of issues I hope someone can help me out with. First, my gamertag (Sexlexis) was banned a couple of days ago, and I'm curious what was deemed offensive about it, since it...
  8. Free gamertag change question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free gamertag change question: Is there a way to tell whether or not I chose to change the random gamertag when I first made this account?(like email and ect) I don't remember if I did or not since it's been 6 years, I don't...
  9. Gamertag Change Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Question: If I were to change my gamertag, would it erase my current game saves, such as in The Master Chief Collection? 9a159152-d700-48e2-afbd-6cdd1635a427
  10. Question about changing Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about changing Gamertag: I want to make my gamertag to the name I have for every other social media site. I want to change it to: Lone Marine It said it was taken, but when I searched the gamertag, the user's tag was:...