Changing My Username Resulted in (I think) Minecraft Servers Not Recognizing My Account

Discus and support Changing My Username Resulted in (I think) Minecraft Servers Not Recognizing My Account in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; When joining in a server, Portal2Elysium, all my items were gone and it said I was logging on for the first time. Dont know why it said this as I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Master67568, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Master67568
    Master67568 Guest

Changing My Username Resulted in (I think) Minecraft Servers Not Recognizing My Account

When joining in a server, Portal2Elysium, all my items were gone and it said I was logging on for the first time. Dont know why it said this as I have logged on this server before on this account. When I checked my build plot, it said it was owned by
    which is what I changed my username from. It wouldnt let me build on it because it said it wasnt my plot. I dont know why this happened but I think it was caused by me changing the username to my account and the server not knowing it was me. The new tag system
    for xbox I dont think is read by Minecraft so it added the tag of 4 numbers on to the end of my new username, Master6756 is what I set it as, Master67565173. Everything for my account was the same, my profile picture, my gamerscore, everything. I also posted
    this to the Mojang feedback because this may also be a problem on their end too. Pls find a solution if possible, i dont want to lose all my progress on all servers.

:)

Master67568, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Melicorn1991 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 name

When I logged into windows 10 using my Microsoft account it instantly used my Xbox username. It there any way I can make my Minecraft account different than my Xbox username? This would be extremely helpful, especially because my Minecraft username
    is 13 letters, and Xbox usernames can only be 12 letters!
    Hi there,

I found this article, I hope this helps:

Minecraft Usernames

This article covers Minecraft usernames for Minecraft: Java Edition on PC/Mac. Minecraft on other platforms do not require usernames, but if you play on Minecraft Realms on these platforms you will use your Xbox gamer tag. The console editions of Minecraft
    use Xbox gamer tag or Sony PSN ID.

Where can I find my username?

If you have a Mojang account, your username can be found and changed on your Mojang account page.

Can I change my username?

Users who have a Mojang account (the default account type for all accounts registered after November 2012) can change their username for free at account.mojang.com/me by clicking the
    (Change) link next to your profile name.

If you sign in with your username, as older accounts do, you'll first need to migrate to a Mojang account before you can change your username.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034636712-Minecraft-Usernames
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Gamertag Minecraft löschen -[Translation - Delete Gamertag Minecraft]

Hey ChristianBuchwald,

Thank you for keeping us updated. If you're interested in only changing your in-game display ID, we found a support article on the Minecraft support website that explains more about

Minecraft usernames and how to change them
    . Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. ROCK4LIFE2 Win User

xbox.com will not reflect updated account.

The account is the same, the profile name was changed due to my friends thinking the one currently shown was objectionable.

The gamerscore and other info like games played has not updated since the change however.

I'll try to put it better.

When I sign in using my windowslive id my account comes up as crazy murderer. When I try to reset the password for this account, I get an email and in the 1st line it recognizes me as FirecamX. I do not have multiple hotmail addys or windowslive ids. Both
    usernames are attached to the same email address/pass. FirecamX you linked is my current account.
  5. Theory of Game Win User

My username was changed

And that name is likely to get changed as well. Please review the code of conduct.
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../staysafe

Doesn't matter that you had it for 2 years... it just took that long for someone to report it and for the enforcement team to review and change it.

Also note that if you continue to choose inappropriate gamertags, the consequences could become more severe, up to and including a permanent suspension of your account.
  6. BiohazardBR Win User

I GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME BACK TO MY OLD USERNAME!

IM IN A CRISIS RIGHT NOW I GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME BACK FOR FREE HELP ME PLEASE! D:
    Hi there, if you already changed your username for free then for the next change you gonna have to pay.
Thema:

1. Changing My Username Resulted in (I think) Minecraft Servers Not Recognizing My Account - Similar Threads - Changing Username Resulted

2. Username change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Username change.: Hello! I have came to inform you that someone has changed my xbox gamertag. I would like to change it to a different name. My parents wont let me spend $10 on xbox. Please let me change my user to...
  3. an accidental change of my username

in XBoX Accessibility
    an accidental change of my username: dear,Microsoft i was wondering if you could give my free username change back because when it was out i had cousins over and they kept asking if they could go on my Xbox and i said yes. there...
  4. My old username is displayed below my new one. Is there anyway to fix this? I changed it...

in XboX Insiders
    My old username is displayed below my new one. Is there anyway to fix this? I changed it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ItzTheSoulrender [link] [comments]
  5. mistake changing my username, is there a way to change it back?

in XBoX on Windows
    mistake changing my username, is there a way to change it back?: i changed my username from to KingEnerman so it would be different on minecraft but it reset everything on my servers and friends list and it will cost me $10 to add the space back so i can get my...
  6. Username Changes that are not caused by you.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Username Changes that are not caused by you.: My friend changed my gamertag when we were friending each others xbox. He started changing my gamertag thinking i could change it back. Then i changed it again but it was charging me 10 bucks. So...
  7. Hi, I recently changed my Minecraft username. But my old username is still showing. I tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I recently changed my Minecraft username. But my old username is still showing. I tried...: So, first, I changed my username, and I checked the Xbox app. My new name was there, but when I went into Minecraft, it wasn’t there. It was my old username. I signed in and out of the Xbox app....
  8. username change

in XBoX Accessibility
    username change: i heard about the recent free username change because of the expanded range so i figured i’d use “”, my tag i use for mostly everything, but it says it’s not allowed. there aren’t any...
  9. My username changed to something I didn't want!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    My username changed to something I didn't want!!!: So basically my username got changed to something I didn't want I don't want that username! Please help me, I don't want to pay for it. I also cant even change my Profile Picture. THIS IS SO...
  10. Xbox Username changed randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Username changed randomly: So I was playing fortnite on my xbox earlier, and i logged back in and my name changed to Arakan7369. I tried to change it back to JTGamer1548, but unfortunatly will not let me unless I pay, can...