Changing parental control settings

Discus and support Changing parental control settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've forgotten my parental control code number and need to change the settings so my son can play the new game I bought him. I've no idea if this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SheetFlipper4, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Changing parental control settings

Hi I've forgotten my parental control code number and need to change the settings so my son can play the new game I bought him. I've no idea if this is the right forum and I am genuinely the parent so if anyone can advise I would much appreciate thanks!

:)

SheetFlipper4, Jan 22, 2014
  2. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    not allowed to join this game session because one of your local players has a member content privilege setting that is too restrictive

Here is a link to the parental controls page. I'd jump down to the part about changing the safety and privacy setting as it sound like they might be what is restricting his play.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

bowski477, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Minecraft

Hi Brachial!

I agree with Mr BassDrop - it sounds like a parental controls issue.

Here is a link to the parental controls page. I'd jump down to the part about changing the safety and privacy setting as it sound like they might be what is restricting your play.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

Or, one the console, try the following: go to Settings, go to Privacy and online settings - select customize settings option. Then scroll down to Content, then select member content... Make sure friends only is selected.

Cosmicthoughts, Jan 22, 2014
  4. HappyG01 Win User

Xbox Live 10 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes 13 years and older Issue

5. S1wr1ghty Win User

Hitman Absolution - Parental Controls

I had the same problem. Parental controls is misleading. Go to privacy settings and change it to the default adult setting. This worked for me. Messing around with the parental controls as you've found, does nothing.
  6. CardiacArrestOG Win User

my parents want to take off my parental settings

Parental controls were set up by one of your parents and would have to be changed via their GT account.
  7. koolguru-D1AFC06D-9C Win User

download problems

8. Dr gore Win User

Keep losing connection to xbox live

Try resetting your motem and if that doesn't work I would probably change your settings to factory settings. Also, this happens sometimes because of Parental Controls. If your parents set up parental controls that only allow you to play for certain amounts
    of time that might also be the issue.
Thema:

Changing parental control settings

1. Changing parental control settings - Similar Threads - Changing parental control

2. Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account: When we purchased Xbox for my son, we set up the account incorrectly. He is using my parent account to play instead of the child account, and I cannot block web browsing, incognito mode etc, or...
  3. minecraft windows 10 requiring non existent parental account to change settings

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft windows 10 requiring non existent parental account to change settings: So I've been playing a lot of Minecraft windows 10 edition with my siblings and we all want to play a custom server together (which I have pre set up on a separate computer) and now the issue is...
  4. change parent for account control

in XBoX Accessibility
    change parent for account control: Hello we have problems with the son's microsoft account and the family group. The accounts is not in your system. He can not remember his tasks. I need to unlock that pairing and instead add me...
  5. How to change my account to parent account

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to change my account to parent account: I cant seem to find out how to change my new account to a parent account 65ac47aa-186c-4d6d-b90a-d4d295121b61
  6. Blocked Films... but no Parental Control settings changed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blocked Films... but no Parental Control settings changed.: Hello, I hope someone can help me on this. I got a Xbox 360 a few years ago and it used to work perfectly fine. But recently, after a few updates, we noticed some films can't be watched on...
  7. Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...: I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help. d373af59-6bf9-4a14-afbc-c4f66cdffb69
  8. changing parental control/lost password

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing parental control/lost password: Im interested in changing parental control. sadly ive lost the password and need to reset my sons x360. As far as i know i have to contact Xbox in order to get a master code. Anyone that can...
  9. Can't make changes to parental controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make changes to parental controls: My account TheEarBiter123 was banned and i do not know why. I dont really care that it is banned but the only problem is I am unable to make purchases on my other account because of parental...
  10. Changing parental controls to another account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing parental controls to another account: We have bought my step children xbox gold live and at the moment it is attached to my husbands xbox live account. Their mother is not happy with this and would like full control over the one at...