Changing payment method for xbox gold

Discus and support Changing payment method for xbox gold in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my payment method since loosing and cancelling my old bank card. I have inputed my new card details but it wont let me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JonathonUrquhart, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Changing payment method for xbox gold

I have been trying to change my payment method since loosing and cancelling my old bank card.

I have inputed my new card details but it wont let me pay with that card.

It will not let me cancel my old card as it says its in use.

I have received an email saying the payment on my old card has failed (not surprisingly) and I have told my account to take it from my new card but it keeps saying something has gone wrong and to try agin later.

I have been trying again later for 6 days now.

I have tried to use the customer service avitar and tried to use follow the suggestions but it still dosent work.

Can someone please give me a suggestion here because its driving me absolutely crazy

:)

JonathonUrquhart, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Xbox LIVE Year Counter Reset

I have the same problem. My payment method failed and my membership changed to silver. after changing the payment method and signing up for gold again my tenure has been set from 9 to 0.

cab what else, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Changing Payment Method for XBOX Live Gold Membership

Best option would be to contact Phone support and see if they can switch it around for you Changing payment method for xbox gold :)

Good luck!

nickisullivan13, Oct 4, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello Jonathon,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like the self help steps have not been able to resolve this issue for you. I can definitely understand the frustration. At this point I recommend getting support from a live agent.

You can contact us here.
    Be sure to say "no thanks" to the virtual assistant in order to get help from a live agent.

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Oct 4, 2018
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You will need to contact support and speak to billing. http;//support.xbox.com/contact-us

Smwutches, Nov 5, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

You will need to contact support and speak to billing. http;//support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Jonathon,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like the self help steps have not been able to resolve this issue for you. I can definitely understand the frustration. At this point I recommend getting support from a live agent.

You can contact us here.
    Be sure to say "no thanks" to the virtual assistant in order to get help from a live agent.

Hope this helps!
  8. TylerG_94 Win User

Suspension due to payment option solved or not?

When you have charges on your account you have to update the account billing options to transfer the charges to a new payment method. This is usually the case if you buy something for your account using a credit card (Xbox Live Gold, Original Xbox DLC, etc.)
    To update your billing information for the account you need to go to the Microsoft billing site (https://billing.microsoft.com). You then need to sign in with your Xbox Live account. Under your payment
    methods, click the payment method you want to change. Under payment method activity, click go to payment method information. Under payment method information for this account, click use a different payment method. Enter a new payment method (credit card, Paypal,
    etc.) Once you update the payment method you will be asked which balances and services you want transferred to the new payment method. Once the balances and services have been selected click next and enter the payment information. The transfer may take up
    to a day to process. Once updated go back to the Xbox website and select My Account under your gamertag and then select Manage Payment Options. Then verify the payment methods for the account (you may have to re-enter the payment information on the Manage
    Payment Options page). You should then be able to purchase Xbox Live Gold using the new payment information. (You may have to cancel the old payment method on both sites as it may still be saved.)
  9. cab what else Win User

Xbox LIVE Year Counter Reset

Alright, thank you for the info Prince.
    I have the same problem. My payment method failed and my membership changed to silver. after changing the payment method and signing up for gold again my tenure has been set from 9 to 0.
  10. Judge Win User

can i use my points to sign up for xbox live gold?

Sorry, it is not possible to get a gold membership with microsoft points. You will need to add a payment method to your account and use that payment method to upgrade to gold status. Payment methods can be added here: commerce.microsoft.com
Thema:

1. Changing payment method for xbox gold - Similar Threads - Changing payment method

2. trying to change method of payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to change method of payment: I have been trying to change the method of payment and it keeps me going over and over to the same starting point and never allowing me to change it. This is so frustrating because they informed...
  3. Asked to change payment method when trying to download 360 games in Gold on an XBox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Asked to change payment method when trying to download 360 games in Gold on an XBox one: Recently ive had problems with trying to download 360 games in Gold. Why am i asked to change metod of payment for free downloads? d7f56a02-6ece-423d-9210-27ab11c3bc7b
  4. Game Pass Payment method change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass Payment method change: I want to sign up for Game pass but when i try to join it wants a payment method. I chose credit card and it only lets me us the US as a country. How do I change the country? The fact that I have...
  5. Cannot Change Country for new Payment Method

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Change Country for new Payment Method: I have recently moved from the USA to Australia and have added my profile/gamer tag to my fiances XBox one. I updated my contact and address details successfully, however when trying to add a new...
  6. Change payment method for subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change payment method for subscription: Hello, I've overdue payment for XBOX Live Gold subscription. How can I change payment method/pay for it? Or how can I cancel this subscription? Thank you 2e3afd46-61e6-4349-a0dc-2c7668e780cb
  7. I was wondering how to change pre-order payment method from paypal to Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering how to change pre-order payment method from paypal to Microsoft account.: I pre-ordered a game on Xbox with my paypal, but it didn't charge me. It just installed it and said "Payment Error" or something like that on my order history. So I bought a Xbox card the other...
  8. error with micr. online support when changing payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    error with micr. online support when changing payment method: Hello, I want to submit xbox360 for repair but whenever i go to step 4 (choosing or changing payment method) an error occurs and i get thrown back to adding a payment method. help would be...
  9. Change payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change payment method: My credit card has to be changed, because i noticed that my last payment was suspended by a changed credit card. Now I want to change my payment method, but I keep getting errors. Also, I can't...
  10. Attempting to change payment method of Xbox Live gold or paying outstanding fees tells me to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Attempting to change payment method of Xbox Live gold or paying outstanding fees tells me to ...: I recently had to change the payment method of my Xbox live Gold subscription due to problems with my old credit card. Apparently there seems to be a problem charging the new credit card, and...