Changing primary email for Xbox account?

Discus and support Changing primary email for Xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am in the process of selling my Xbox and the account mainly due to not having time to play anymore due to work. I have a buyer but the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CameronWarnock, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Changing primary email for Xbox account?

Hello, I am in the process of selling my Xbox and the account mainly due to not having time to play anymore due to work. I have a buyer but the email associated to my Xbox account is my personal one and my computer is also linked to my Microsoft account,
    so I am currently trying to figure out how to change Xbox account email to a different one so I can keep my current Microsoft account but I am having trouble finding out how to do this! If anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it!

:)

CameronWarnock, Apr 16, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  3. Hailoin Win User

Just changed my E-mail but can't use the old one to change E-mail on another Xbox account.

That wasn't what I meant, what I meant is how long do I need to wait to use my primary e-mail on my primary xbox live account since I've already changed my primary email with some secondary email. Do I again need to wait for a month until I can use my primary
    email to replace the email on my primary xbox live account ?
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

There is a process to change the primary email on a Microsoft account.

First add it as an alias do not make it primary. Make sure it works correctly to sign in. Promote that email to primary and again validate. Last remove the former primary address from the account.

You can search on how to change primary email on MS account and should find a step by step guide.
  5. ERoss99 Win User

Changing Primary Email addresses

Yeah, this is a real drag that you can't do this on Xbox One. I really don't want to rehook the 360 just to do this. I can't believe there isn't a way to do this on the web!
  6. Anteater13 Win User

Changing Primary Email addresses

I guess essentially you want to change the email associated with your gamertag. Have you tried the steps in this link

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    What steps have you tried?

I think the email change can only be done on the 360 right now, you can try it on the xbox one to see if they have similar menus

Basically:

1. Go here accounts.live.com and hit sign up and use your gmail

2. On your xbox sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.

3. Go to settings and select Account.

4. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security

5. Select Microsoft account

6. Select yes

7. Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

8. Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

9. Select Yes, change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account.

10. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
Thema:

Changing primary email for Xbox account?

1. Changing primary email for Xbox account? - Similar Threads - Changing primary email

2. Changing email for primary alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing email for primary alias: I'm trying to change the email attached to my Xbox gamertag to something a little easier to type / matches my gamertag. Followed the steps for changing a primary email address alias, and went to...
  3. Change primary email too mine

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change primary email too mine: How do you change primary email too mine and get rid of other one on grandsons xbox 218ff060-8c4e-4a61-b413-1190c678e345
  4. I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems: The email change caused me not to be able to play games when loading any game it just says "Cant find previous data try agin or offline" also i cant join or start xbox chat parties and the xbox...
  5. Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Xbox Primary Email/Alias Won't Change: I've tried to change my primary alias email and it just won't work. When I hit the hyperlink sent to my new email nothing changes or happens in my microsoft xbox account. There must be a way to do...
  6. Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Primary Email of Microsoft Account: help! cannot log into my Xbox live Account on Xbox one After changed primary email! 238a71b1-449d-4ef2-9825-4fe04db3eb40
  7. Changing primary email address on my xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing primary email address on my xbox account: Hi, My primary account : *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is associated with gamertag : gameboyguru727. This gamertag is used by my son (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  8. Cannot change primary email as it is a typo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change primary email as it is a typo...: I created this account years and years ago on xbox 360. I have all my achievements and a few purchases here. Problem is when i created this in like 9th grade I typo'd the email address as *** Die...
  9. Won't let my change my primary email adress

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let my change my primary email adress: So on step 6. of the changing your email address you add in an allias and the stupid thing just says "THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS ALREADY TAKEN. PLEASE TRY ANOTHER." Even though i own the email address...
  10. How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old ...: I have been pulling my hair out on the phone with support trying to figure this out. My Microsoft account is over 10 years old. I no longer have access to the primary email address linked to it....