Changing region hasn't updated local currency for payments

Discus and support Changing region hasn't updated local currency for payments in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed my region from UK to Australia having moved and lived here for over 12 months. Everything seemed to go OK and I was able to log... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MURRAS01, Jan 25, 2014.

1. MURRAS01
    MURRAS01 Guest

I recently changed my region from UK to Australia having moved and lived here for over 12 months. Everything seemed to go OK and I was able to log into www.xbox.com and add a new Australian CC as a payment method. It was happy to take my money in $ for
    a 12 month XBox Live subscription renewal. However any games or DLC still shows as £ not $.

The strange thing is website shows items in $ but when you get taken to the marketplace website in a popup window everything is in £'s and doesn't recognise the Australian CC as a valid payment option. I thought it might take some time for the region thing
    to filter through but it was happy to take my money for the XBox Live Subscription?? Is this an oversight from the BA's at Microsoft?

I get a similar experience on xBox console. Items show initially as $ ingame and when browsing the marketplace but when it comes to payment options it shows as £'s. I have tried clearing out the console cache and the marketplace cache on the console but
    to no avail.

:)

MURRAS01, Jan 25, 2014
  2. DarkrPhi
    DarkrPhi Guest
    Language

BBasically you don't want to change your locale

Only the language

Changing the locale will require a payment option from.thar region

DarkrPhi, Jan 25, 2014
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Can't remote download a game.

The website hasn't been updated to work with the new currency system yet. Until it is updated, it requires a payment method to be on file to make any purchases on the website.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Changing region hasn't updated local currency for payments - Similar Threads - Changing region hasn't

2. Changing region from USA to UK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing region from USA to UK: Hello, I want to change my region from USA to UK and I receive this message: "There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will...
  3. Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.: Hello. I am not able to purchase the Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region on the Xbox app. I'm in the Philippines and when I click the buy button it says that the game will be...
  4. Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Change Billing Region/Country when Subscribing for Xbox Pass on PC: As title said, so I've downloaded the Xbox (Beta) App for Windows 10, I wanted to subscribe to the Xbox Pass, when I reach Billing Info Address, I'm unable to choose my Billing Region/Country....
  5. Changing Region on Xbox (Beta) for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Region on Xbox (Beta) for PC: Hi, I'm currently trying to get the Game Pass on PC but the Xbox App won't let me. It says I'm in the USA which I am not. I use any payment methods because I can't change the region while paying....
  6. Changing regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing regions: I am getting a error code (80150017) and i think it has to do with the fact that i brought my xbox 360 from the United States (where i got it) and have retired in the Philippines. When trying to...
  7. Region Changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Region Changing: Hey everyone, Firstly thanks for any help and advice anyone can give me. I recently moved overseas from Australia and I have updated my region in my account online and also on my xbox. I...
  8. I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated the region of my Microsoft account, but nothing changed on my xbox 360 game store: I moved from Brazil to Canada. I updated my Microsoft account's region to Canada, I even added a Canadian credit card to it. But my Xbox 360 store is still the Brazilian one. I bought a...
  9. Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update : resolved - Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: My previous thread was locked but not answered... https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/changed-region-by-mistake-360-region-on-xbox/bda9d818-bb09-4a32-a5bc-830d67e76dc8 I was able...
  10. Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed region by mistake :( - 360 Region on Xbox profile: Hi, I wanted to change region for Canada, and I changed by mistake to brazil. I don't live in Brazil and I don't speak the language. I'd like to either rollback to my former country, or change...