Changing Security account email

Discus and support Changing Security account email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my xbox account wants me to verify my account with a security code, but the associated email is old and i no longer have it. Is there any way I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by izzyf70, Jan 21, 2014.

1. izzyf70
    izzyf70 Guest

Hi, my xbox account wants me to verify my account with a security code, but the associated email is old and i no longer have it. Is there any way I can change it?

:)

izzyf70, Jan 21, 2014
  2. Why does it take 30 days for my account information to be updated or to add a subscription?

What it sounds like is this.

Whenever doing something major (changing passwords, changing emails, changing security proofs, changing regions) on an account MS requires a code be sent to what they call a security proof which is normally either an email address or text to a phone number
    for security purposes. This is done to protect your account from unauthorized access.

When the account holder no longer has access to one of the security proofs BUT still has access to the email and password on the account MS will allow you to change the security proof on the account BUT it takes 30 days for that security proof change to
    take affect this is to ensure the security of the account. Once the 30 day hold is put into place there is not stopping it. You will still be able to sign into the account and everything but you will not be able to do anything that requires a security code
    verification being sent out.

steeledwand7664, Jan 21, 2014
  3. Aldojags
    Aldojags Guest
    Aldojags, Jan 21, 2014
  4. TECHNOx420
    TECHNOx420 Guest

Go to account.live.com, sign in with that email and password, select security info on the left side of the page and you can update to your current email there so that you can use the new email for security codes. I also highly recommend that you add a cell
    phone number to your account as well. make sure you verify everything you add to the account as well. if you still have issues contact phone support 1-800-469-9269

TECHNOx420, Jan 21, 2014
  5. TECHNOx420 Win User

Go to account.live.com, sign in with that email and password, select security info on the left side of the page and you can update to your current email there so that you can use the new email for security codes. I also highly recommend that you add a cell
    phone number to your account as well. make sure you verify everything you add to the account as well. if you still have issues contact phone support 1-800-469-9269
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account email 360 is outta use, how to transfer account to xbox one?

It does not matter if the email is in use anymore or not it would still be considered a MS account.

Now if you want to change the email that is used to sign into your account you can go to

account.live.com/addassocid

choose either create a new (outlook.com) email or use an existing email (that is not currently a MS account.

you will need to verify ownership of the account with a security proof that you have on the account

How this is done it will send a code to either an email or phone number that was added as a security proof on the account.

now if you do not have access to any of the security proofs you can still change the security proof on the account

KEEP IN MIND IF YOU DO KNOW THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD FOR THE ACCOUNT BUT DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OF THE SECURITY PROOFS YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO ADD A NEW SECURITY PROOF TO THE ACCOUNT BUT THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE PUT INTO A 30 DAY HOLD FROM BEING
    ABLE TO DO ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES A SECURITY PROOF. LIKE CHANGING THE EMAIL, PASSWORD, SECURITY PROOFS, PHONE NUMBERS. ONCE THE CHANGE GETS STARTED THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL IT UNLESS YOU REGAIN ACCESS TO ONE OF THE OLD SECURITY PROOFS.
  7. steeledwand7664 Win User

Why does it take 30 days for my account information to be updated or to add a subscription?

What it sounds like is this.

Whenever doing something major (changing passwords, changing emails, changing security proofs, changing regions) on an account MS requires a code be sent to what they call a security proof which is normally either an email address or text to a phone number
    for security purposes. This is done to protect your account from unauthorized access.

When the account holder no longer has access to one of the security proofs BUT still has access to the email and password on the account MS will allow you to change the security proof on the account BUT it takes 30 days for that security proof change to
    take affect this is to ensure the security of the account. Once the 30 day hold is put into place there is not stopping it. You will still be able to sign into the account and everything but you will not be able to do anything that requires a security code
    verification being sent out.
  8. Klokkwork Win User

STOP ASKING FOR MORE SECURITY INFORMATION!!!!

Scenario 1) CookedDanny has one email address on file. The one he logs in with. One day, a ne'er-do-well compromises his email, discovers he has an Xbox account attached to it, and performs a password reset to gain access to his Xbox account and take
    it over. Without any other security information on file, CookedDanny is not notified of the changes, and the stranger takes the account for a joyride, leaving quite a mess to be cleaned up later.

-

Scenario 2) CookedDanny has his email address on file, and an additional email as a security proof. One day, a ne'er-do-well compromises his email, discovers he has an Xbox account attached to it, and performs a password reset to gain access to his Xbox
    account and try to take it over. However, when the perpetrator tries to remove the security email, the system tells him that this change will take 30 days, and sends a notification email to the security proof. CookedDanny is notified by this second email
    of the attempt to change. Alerted to the unauthorized access, he secures his primary email with a new password, resets his Xbox password, cancels the request for information change, and neutralizes the stranger's attempts at gaining access to his account.

-

Scenario 3) CookedDanny has his email address on file, and an additional email as a security proof. One day, a ne'er-do-well compromises the secondary security email. This email is not used as a login for the Xbox account, and does not do anything for
    the stranger who might have had the inclination to try to hijack an Xbox account.

-

Additional security proofs = increased security.

Additional security proofs =/= additional paths to account compromise.

The likelihood of someone compromising both your Microsoft Account credentials AND your security proof email credentials is extraordinarily slim. For more information about Microsoft Account security proofs, here's a link.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-security/security-proofs-overview
  9. SingCongButas25 Win User

change email

Changing Microsoft emails does not take 30 days to complete. From how you describe it. You initiated security change. That will lock the account for 30 days for any changes. But it won't affect your gaming nor playing online games. This does not change the
    email attached to the account. It just change the security email for the account itself. So you will still be using the same email to sign in the account. But when you need to verify it. You will have the option to send the verification code to the new email
    you have added.
Thema:

1. Changing Security account email - Similar Threads - Changing Security account

2. I made some security changes and now i need some help

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I made some security changes and now i need some help: Hello, so i made some security changes and now i cant buy games, cuz i made The changes and im wondering If I can do any thing about it cuz i want 2 buy Halo reach cuz its in a discount now on The...
  3. I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE !: I CANT RECEIPT SECURITY MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE ACCOUNT PASSWORD FROM MICROSOFT PAGE ! f9afab43-743c-4be0-8c0a-6f379a6de694
  4. How do i change my email when my account security is locked.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i change my email when my account security is locked.: every time i try to connect to xbox live it tells me to enter my email and password and as i am using gmail it comes up with an error. (i cant change my email because the "account security" option...
  5. How add child to xbox account and change security settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    How add child to xbox account and change security settings: I have been working on this for 6 hours and on the phone for over an hour. It has gotten so confusing and ridiculous. My son and I both have to have a microsoft account which I have made and I...
  6. Security lock on account because of information change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security lock on account because of information change.: Just wanted to download The Witcher 2, yet had to receive the game via Xbox.com rather than straight from my Box. While attempting to access my account on my smartphone I was repeatedly told that...
  7. changes to account security/login on 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    changes to account security/login on 360?: how come now when i get on my 360, i have to sign in when i first get on... then when i go to play a game, it signs me out and i have to sign in again... then when i leave the game to go back to...
  8. Can't change account setting due to security change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change account setting due to security change.: I am trying to cancel my auto-renew gold membership to Xbox live. However, when I attempt to do this, i am unable to due to my Microsoft account being locked out for 30 days due to a change in my...
  9. Security info change means i can't sign into my account PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Security info change means i can't sign into my account PLEASE HELP: Ok so, My xbox live account was created by my brother a while ago and the email he used as a backup (verifying method) contained a typo so therefore does not exist. When microsoft asked me to...
  10. Cant get past the "was this you who changed account security?"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get past the "was this you who changed account security?": So today I logged into my email and it asked me to verify it using a code that would be sent to my phone number. Well I dont have that phone number anymore so I had to add a new backup which takes...