Changing sons gamertag

Discus and support Changing sons gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to change my sons gamertag for quite a while now and every time i try i get "unexpected error occurred. Please try again later". Its a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RyeRoeDaPyro, Sep 28, 2019.

1. RyeRoeDaPyro
    RyeRoeDaPyro Guest

Changing sons gamertag

I've been trying to change my sons gamertag for quite a while now and every time i try i get "unexpected error occurred. Please try again later". Its a child account so idk if that is why or if there is something going on. And if it is because its a child
    account and that's not permitted from his name, how do i change it myself. Please Help. Thanks Ryan Davis GT- Son [Mod removed -

See guidelines #5
    ]

:)

RyeRoeDaPyro, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Chargersbride Win User
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Changing sons gamertag

Hello Rye,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Where exactly are you trying change your sons gamertag? There are a couple platforms you could do this on. You can change gamertags on the console or on the website. I recommend trying the alternative method to the one you
    have been attempting to see if the issue persists.

How to change your Xbox gamertag

If you have been trying from the website, then you can also try using a different browser or a different device entirely.

Hope this helps!
  4. RyeRoeDaPyro Win User

Changing sons gamertag

Thank you Rek 1 worked just like its suppose to. I appreciate it.
  5. REK 1 Win User

Changing sons gamertag

https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag try this link to change gamertag
  6. Chronic Atomz Win User

Changing sons gamertag

Heello there !! What i recommend is that you wait a couple of days to see if its your xbox or the connection between your xbox (the internet) and the xbox server (as the signal strength is stronger on some days than
    the others) and if it does not work we can determine that it is indeed the xbox or an account issue rather then a network issue. :)
Thema:

Changing sons gamertag

1. Changing sons gamertag - Similar Threads - Changing sons gamertag

2. Why can't my son use his free name change on Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my son use his free name change on Xbox one?: My son has been using Xbox since he was small first on 360 and now Xbox one and has never changed his username, and now he wants to use his one free name change and we are being told he has to pay...
  3. Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s: basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but it seems that he is classed as an adult...
  4. Can't change the Privacy Settings for son's Minecraft game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change the Privacy Settings for son's Minecraft game: I've downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 for my son's computer. It won't allow him to access multiplayer games. I get the message "You cannot play online multiplayer mode through Xbox Live because...
  5. total mess after changing my son's account to a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    total mess after changing my son's account to a child account: When I bought my son (11) an xbox I set him up on it using my microsoft account. He has since got into Fortnite. I wanted to restrict screen time, so: I set up a new microsoft account...
  6. Try to change gamertag for my son

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try to change gamertag for my son: I am trying to change gamertag for my 12-year old son. I keep getting the same type of error. I have tried several types of payment methods. I even put money in his account. Purchase-3001...
  7. Son changed gamertag can't play my dics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son changed gamertag can't play my dics: my son changed our gamertag this morning and now find when i put my disc for (lego star wars, skylanders and cars 3 driven to win) i get told i get a message saying i have to insert a disc or get...
  8. why has my sons gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    why has my sons gamertag changed: my son has just been bought an xbox one for his birthday. we logged in to Microsoft using his account information from his xbox 360 and his gamertag changed and he lost all his progress from world...
  9. Hello! My son wants his gamertag changed due to being bullied but I can't afford it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! My son wants his gamertag changed due to being bullied but I can't afford it!: My son is constantly bullied for his gamertag and he doesn't even want to play anymore but I can't pay to have it changed, I was told about a rewards program and that could help me with my issue....
  10. I have redeemed an xbox 360 gold membership on my gamertag instead of my sons how can i change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have redeemed an xbox 360 gold membership on my gamertag instead of my sons how can i change ...: I have redeemed an xbox 360 gold membership on my gamertag instead of my sons how can i change it 541efdb1-9ed9-4ce9-b111-99ba4d38ec70