Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account.

Discus and support Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account, as I'm no longer going to be using the one that's currently assigned to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hippygremlin-4604B7F9-010E-4DB9-8A91-6859470F6BDB, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account.

I'm having to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account, as I'm no longer going to be using the one that's currently assigned to it. I know this is pretty simple to do on my Xbox, but I also have a Windows 8 phone (HTC 8X). I know the
    only way to change the Microsoft account on the phone is to restore it to factory settings and start again - is this going to be the same for me changing my email address? Or will it just ask me to sign back in or something? Also, if I do have to restore my
    phone, is there a quick way of re-downloading all of the music I've downloaded through the Xbox Music store? And what would happen to the stuff I have backed up on Skydrive, would that still be accessible?

Sorry for all the questions, I just have about 10GB of stuff on my phone that I would be devastated to lose!

:)

hippygremlin-4604B7F9-010E-4DB9-8A91-6859470F6BDB, Feb 6, 2014
  2. Closingracer
    Closingracer Guest
    I want to change my email associated to my account ?

How can I change email addresses associated to my account ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer, Feb 6, 2014
  3. Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

Hey dR3K0b!

Gamertags are tied to a Microsoft account, so changing the email address associated with the Microsoft account will also change the email address associated with that gamertag. There's a guide on

how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    that can help walk you through that process.

Mister Quasar, Feb 6, 2014
  4. Drakken Saer
    Drakken Saer Guest

Your concerns are completely reasonable! To answer your question, any changes made to the email will require the phone be reset. You will still be able to access all of the account's content using the new email (SkyDrive, purchases, music, etc). I don't
    think there is a quick way to restore all music to the phone. The best way I can think of would be to make a playlist with all of your music at music.xbox.com, and then download the songs from within the playlist in the Music+videos hub. I don't have a phone
    with me at the moment, but I THINK there was a "Download all in playlist" option last time I was doing something like this.

Drakken Saer, Feb 7, 2014
  5. Mister Quasar Win User

Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

6. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Xbox one gamertag

7. Puppy Fujo Win User

Switching Gameryag to a different email account

I have provided the link below on how to change the email address associated with the account.

Change email address
  8. bowski477 Win User

Delete Xbox profile against email and add another

To change the email address associated with your account you can follow
    these steps
    . If the email address you are trying to use is associated with another account you would also need to change the address on that account to free it up for use on your main account.
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Changing my email on the Xbox-live but not on my microsoft account

To change the email address associated with your Microsoft account check this link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Changing email address

2. Changing child member email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing child member email address...: Where do I go to update the email addresses for child members? 7eb773b1-5fd7-4cab-8a23-add0182b3e83
  3. change the john doe email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change the john doe email address: Does anyone know a password for the above email address which the xbox one came with. Also how do you change it to my own account? Unable to sign into fifa 20 ultimate team. Many thanks...
  4. Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email for Xbox account without access to current email address: Hi, went through a bad break up about a month ago. My ex is the one with her email tied to my Xbox account. (Didn't have a Microsoft account a the time) She is being difficult refuses to change...
  5. How do i change email address from another person and put mine on

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change email address from another person and put mine on: How do i change a email address too my email adress on my grandsons roblox and fortnite acct . I pay for his subscription every year but the address on there is his moms old boy toy. Th . Dave...
  6. how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change the email address associated with xbox one account without losing progress in...: Need some advice. We originally set up my son's xbox account using my outlook.com email address. I'd like to change the email address associated with the account to my son's personal gmail account...
  7. Changer l'adresse mail [Translate] Change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changer l'adresse mail [Translate] Change email address: Bonjour, l'adresse mail lié a ce compte est celle de mes parents (j'avais 12 ans quand j'ai créé se compte) j'aimerais pouvoir transférer mon compte sur mon adresse personnelle de mail mais je ne...
  8. Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alternate email address changed, notification of change received to said email address,...: I changed my alternate email address. I got a notification to said email address stating that it is now my alternate email address but when I try and use it to get a security code to change my...
  9. Xbox one, changed email address, gold member activation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one, changed email address, gold member activation: Hi, I have recently changed my cable provider and had to change my email address. My email address with this cable provider was [Mod Removed – Personal Information] and this is also the same email...
  10. Change email address associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email address associated with gamertag: Split from this thread. Hi there Am I able to change the email address associated with a gamertag at all please? Thanks Robin c9845682-d69b-4930-989d-c0b83eaa0dfa