Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account.

Discus and support Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account, as I'm no longer going to be using the one that's currently assigned to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hippygremlin-4604B7F9-010E-4DB9-8A91-6859470F6BDB, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account.

I'm having to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account, as I'm no longer going to be using the one that's currently assigned to it. I know this is pretty simple to do on my Xbox, but I also have a Windows 8 phone (HTC 8X). I know the
    only way to change the Microsoft account on the phone is to restore it to factory settings and start again - is this going to be the same for me changing my email address? Or will it just ask me to sign back in or something? Also, if I do have to restore my
    phone, is there a quick way of re-downloading all of the music I've downloaded through the Xbox Music store? And what would happen to the stuff I have backed up on Skydrive, would that still be accessible?

Sorry for all the questions, I just have about 10GB of stuff on my phone that I would be devastated to lose!

:)

hippygremlin-4604B7F9-010E-4DB9-8A91-6859470F6BDB, Feb 6, 2014
  2. Closingracer
    Closingracer Guest
    I want to change my email associated to my account ?

How can I change email addresses associated to my account ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer, Feb 6, 2014
  3. Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

Hey dR3K0b!

Gamertags are tied to a Microsoft account, so changing the email address associated with the Microsoft account will also change the email address associated with that gamertag. There's a guide on

how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    that can help walk you through that process.

Mister Quasar, Feb 6, 2014
  4. Drakken Saer
    Drakken Saer Guest

Your concerns are completely reasonable! To answer your question, any changes made to the email will require the phone be reset. You will still be able to access all of the account's content using the new email (SkyDrive, purchases, music, etc). I don't
    think there is a quick way to restore all music to the phone. The best way I can think of would be to make a playlist with all of your music at music.xbox.com, and then download the songs from within the playlist in the Music+videos hub. I don't have a phone
    with me at the moment, but I THINK there was a "Download all in playlist" option last time I was doing something like this.

Drakken Saer, Feb 7, 2014
  5. Mister Quasar Win User

Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox Profile transfer

Hi TK,

Technically transfers cannot be do but you can change the email address associated with a microsoft account.

In order to associate the gamertag with another account you will need to create a whole account with an email address and then do the following to associate the gamertag to that account. How
    to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
  7. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Xbox one gamertag

8. Puppy Fujo Win User

Switching Gameryag to a different email account

I have provided the link below on how to change the email address associated with the account.

Change email address
  9. bowski477 Win User

Delete Xbox profile against email and add another

To change the email address associated with your account you can follow
    these steps
    . If the email address you are trying to use is associated with another account you would also need to change the address on that account to free it up for use on your main account.
Thema:

1. Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Changing email address

2. Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.: way back when i first got my xbox360 i created an account with an email address but i spelled the domain name wrong. It worked even though its not a real email address. i just bought halo master...
  3. Changing Xbox email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Xbox email address: My son has an xbox account but it is tied to my email address. Is there a way I can change the email address on his xbox profile, with out ruining my email address? I have looked all over and cant...
  4. My email address is changed and I cannot get on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My email address is changed and I cannot get on my account: Good Afternoon, what im about to type will be very long but I encourage you to read it in order to maybe get Xbox to act better... To begin, i started gaming on xbox around 2010 and was very...
  5. Primary Email address change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Primary Email address change: Hey so basically i have a main email address i use for all my emails etc on a daily basis and that same email address is linked to a completly unused xbox account where as my actual xbox account i...
  6. One last attempt why cant i change email address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One last attempt why cant i change email address?: I have 2 Xbox Live Gamertags Gamertag1 has a 5 month old email associated with it. Gamertag2 has a 5 month old email associated with it. I want to switch the email address in Gamertag2 on to...
  7. Why cant i still not change my email address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i still not change my email address?: I waited 60 days already i still can't change it it keeps telling me sorry can't change Microsoft account please visit account swap 5f3c1a28-fbd2-44ce-8adb-c99c6ce2ccc1
  8. Changing my primary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my primary email address: So I'm trying to change my primary email for my microsoft account but it keeps telling me: "We were unable to make xxxxxxxx your primary alias. Please try again later." I have tried it a few...
  9. Changing email address associated with a gamertag to one already in family group

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email address associated with a gamertag to one already in family group: Hi everyone. I am having a lot of problems with this and I don't understand why! I want to change the email address associated with a gamertag from my email address to my son's gmail account email...
  10. How do I change the email address associated with my xbox account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change the email address associated with my xbox account?: I have followed all the steps on Microsoft's support pages. I am at my account settings, I click manage how I sign in to Microsoft. I click add an alias, and then add an existing email address as...