Changing the parent account

Discus and support Changing the parent account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know how to add an account to mine so I can be the parent account. Every time I go to the "child account" and try to add my account it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ModernGhostKatt, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Changing the parent account

I would like to know how to add an account to mine so I can be the parent account. Every time I go to the "child account" and try to add my account it says Xbox live sign up is currently unavailable. Please help

:)

ModernGhostKatt, Feb 8, 2014
  2. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Changing Parent Accounts

Hello Blackhawk S1X,

Apologies, but it's always best to post your own thread instead of commenting on a thread that is about 3 years old. You can do that by clicking the link below!

forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Feb 8, 2014
  3. unicron85
    unicron85 Guest
    Changing Parent Accounts

have you tried asking in the ambassabank?

unicron85, Feb 8, 2014
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox broadcasting problem

If aa child account is related to a parental account only the parental account can make the changes.
  5. WPAK Win User

Can not access the xbox settings.

Hi there,

if your Xbox Live Account is a Child account then only the Parental account is able to change the settings for your account.

Which means that the parental account needs to sign in and when that account is signed in they are able to change the settings for the chlid account.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

How do I change the parental email address associated with a child account?

Oh, you don't want to change the WLID of the parent account, you want to change the parent account altogether. That might be a little more difficult, as you'd have to log into the current parent account and select "Remove From Family". Then the child would
    be free to add to a different parent. Do you have anyway of using that account for a while to do this?
  7. HOLY GUACAM0LE Win User

Changing Parent Accounts

Have you tried changing his email address on the console??? TO do this log into his account and connect to XBL. Then go to setting manage my account. There's a option in there to change the email address it's associated with. As it's achild account it'll
    ask for your (the parents) email and password (although the parental email should prefill with the address supplied at the time of creation). Once that's done it's should be able to be linked to the new email account.
  8. JaredThinks Win User

Changing a parent account

Is this possible from the website? Also, I don't have a gold family pack.
Thema:

Changing the parent account

1. Changing the parent account - Similar Threads - Changing parent account

2. Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Changing a Parent Account to a Child Account: When we purchased Xbox for my son, we set up the account incorrectly. He is using my parent account to play instead of the child account, and I cannot block web browsing, incognito mode etc, or...
  3. minecraft windows 10 requiring non existent parental account to change settings

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft windows 10 requiring non existent parental account to change settings: So I've been playing a lot of Minecraft windows 10 edition with my siblings and we all want to play a custom server together (which I have pre set up on a separate computer) and now the issue is...
  4. change parent for account control

in XBoX Accessibility
    change parent for account control: Hello we have problems with the son's microsoft account and the family group. The accounts is not in your system. He can not remember his tasks. I need to unlock that pairing and instead add me...
  5. How to change my account to parent account

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to change my account to parent account: I cant seem to find out how to change my new account to a parent account 65ac47aa-186c-4d6d-b90a-d4d295121b61
  6. Changing parent account, then deleting old parent account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing parent account, then deleting old parent account.: A distant family member set up my sons new XBOX X last Christmas when i was working. He is pretty savvy with regard to Microsoft/XBOX/computer stuff, I’m not. The problem is that he set it up...
  7. zmiana konta rodzic na konto dziecko[change parent account to child account]

in XBoX on Consoles
    zmiana konta rodzic na konto dziecko[change parent account to child account]: Witam, czy jest możliwość zmiany konta z rodzica na dziecko? Chodzi o sytuację, kiedy po zakupie konsoli zostało zarejestrowane konto jako rodzic. Z uwagi na fakt, iż na tym koncie jest już...
  8. Parent Microsoft account being invalid and trying to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent Microsoft account being invalid and trying to change it: A few months ago I tried to sign in to xbox live and a message telling me that the parent account that was linked to my xbox live account was invalid. The message led me to a page where I was...
  9. Child account is parent account. How to change without child losing all of his gaming data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account is parent account. How to change without child losing all of his gaming data?: About a year ago, I accidentally registered my son as the parents on his Xbox Microsoft account. Since it has been that way for over a year, if I change it back to child will he lose all of his...
  10. How to change my account age? With no parent account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change my account age? With no parent account?: Am a grown man over 18 but my account still needs a parent account on my Xbox one X and I don’t know how to change it so it doesn’t need a parent account I would like some more info on how to...