Changing Xbox one console

Discus and support Changing Xbox one console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i was thinking about purchasing an Xbox one s all digital console. My question is about games i own on disc. If i migrate to one of these consoles... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bitzpsp, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Bitzpsp
    Bitzpsp Guest

Hi, i was thinking about purchasing an Xbox one s all digital console. My question is about games i own on disc. If i migrate to one of these consoles and sign in with my xbox live account, will i have to purchase all my games i own on disc again digitally
    or will i get to download them free of charge as i already own them. Thanks in advance.

:)

Bitzpsp, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox One console change

As long as you've been signed in while playing, all of your saves are stored on the cloud. So you would just need to sign into the same account on the new One and they will follow you. As far as games, you can either redownload them, move them over via network
    transfer, or if they are already stored on an external hard drive, just plug the drive into the new console.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Hi, i was thinking about purchasing an Xbox one s all digital console. My question is about games i own on disc. If i migrate to one of these consoles and sign in with my xbox live account, will i have to purchase all my games i own on disc again
    digitally or will i get to download them free of charge as i already own them. Thanks in advance.
    yes you would need digital copys even if you own the discs for the xb1 sad
  4. Smwutches Win User

You would have to purchase them digitally.
  5. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Hi, great question and I understand the wanting to go digital. The issue here is the license is on the disc and not a digital licence. So sadly without the disc the game license wouldnt be recognised.
  6. Bitzpsp Win User

Thanks for the rapid responce although it wasnt the answer i was hoping for i do appreciate the answer. Cheers
Thema:

1. Changing Xbox one console - Similar Threads - Changing console

2. Change xbox insider console, help.

in XboX Insiders
    Change xbox insider console, help.: This may have been asked but I couldn't easily find anything on it. I'm selling my old Xbox (in the insider program and my xcloud streaming console) to a friend. How to I change my insider xbox to...
  3. cannot change region for billing address on xbox360 console

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot change region for billing address on xbox360 console: seems to be only USA states available, so prevents online purchases 7df7ccc4-27e1-4408-961d-49e26ce9586c
  4. changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033...

in XboX Insiders
    changed status from beta to omega to reduce updates, console stuck on update now 0x8B050033...: hello, so as title says, i turned my xbox on today and had around a 400mb update, i was getting tired of the constant updates on my connection so i changed my status from beta to omega in the...
  5. Cannot change console setting to download games while the console is off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change console setting to download games while the console is off: Hi, Just bought an Xbox One S today. It seems to be set up ok, but I cant seem to find the settings in Dashboard to keep downloading while the console is off or when I'm watching TV. Thanks...
  6. Changing Xbox Console Companion Email

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Xbox Console Companion Email: Hello, I have a problem with Xbox Console Companion about my Email. I would like to change my Email but all the "answers" involve permanently deleting my Email, or something else. Thank you....
  7. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

in XboX Insiders
    [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...: Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad. Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard. Ever since that was a feature, there was a bug...
  8. Kann Heimkonsole nicht umändern. [Translation - Can not change home console.]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kann Heimkonsole nicht umändern. [Translation - Can not change home console.]: Hallo. Also mein Problem zurzeit ist das ich meine eigen Heimkonsole wieder einstellen möchte für meine Xbox. Wenn ich dies versuche steht da jedoch "Diese Xbox ist für zu viele Benutzer die...
  9. Console updated 2 days ago at 4 am in the morning and didnt see these dashboard changes...

in XboX Insiders
    Console updated 2 days ago at 4 am in the morning and didnt see these dashboard changes...: [IMG] submitted by /u/theassassin2332 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC changed to Game Pass Console

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC changed to Game Pass Console: Hi. My Xbox Game Pass PC subscription changed to subscription Xbox Game Pass Console. I activated it on the computer. In the xbox app PC. After rebooting, I stopped connecting Xbox PC. And on...