Charged for adding debit card to my account (and won't let me use it)

Discus and support Charged for adding debit card to my account (and won't let me use it) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I added a prepaid debit Visa gift card with in the intent of purchasing something through Xbox Live, but Microsoft has charged me $1 for adding that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gabrielle Baillargeon, May 23, 2019.

1. Charged for adding debit card to my account (and won't let me use it)

I added a prepaid debit Visa gift card with in the intent of purchasing something through Xbox Live, but Microsoft has charged me $1 for adding that card onto my Microsoft account. I assume I'll get refunded, but the problem is I'm trying to purchase something
    that is the same amount as what's on the debit card.

When I tried to purchase the game anyways it says I'm not authorized to use that card, even though I registered it online to be able to be used for online purchasing. I am the card holder so I don't know why it's not letting me use it. This charge did not
    show up on my Microsoft account, but it did on the debit card's account. I took the card off my account, and added it again a day later only to find that Microsoft has charged me $1 AGAIN.

Am I going to get refunded soon? Or do I have to wait a long time? I am now short $2.

:)

Gabrielle Baillargeon, May 23, 2019
  2. RedCarGamer Win User

That first 1$ is only for verification if you have money on that card, usually they return after a week. You need to add and wait to be returned.
  3. {Parity} Win User

For payment issues you will need to reach out to
    Xbox Support
    for assistance.
  4. onyxishere Win User

I cant remove my debit card from my account

I cant remove my expired debit card from my xbox account because of pending charges. Everything on my billing history is complete, i have turned off auto renewal for both xbox live gold and EA access and I've done the same for a related account. I removed
    the debit card from the related account and added a new debit card but i cant do the same for my account
    If you have a gold membership attached to your account you won't be able to remove the card. You can also check to see which charges are pending at https://account.microsoft.com. Beyond that, as was mentioned before you can call phone support for more
    assistance. 1-800-469-9269 in North America.
  5. KindColt9127331 Win User

Visa debit card

i cant use my visa debit card...ive been trying I've done everything right but it keeps saying you can't use this payment method please tell me what to do and why won't xbox let debit accounts work??
  6. x Black Jays Win User

Status code: 8382025C trying to add paypal as payment method, Canada.

The billing and account management site won't let me add a debit card, when there are instructions saying how to do so. Theres no edit or add direct debit links on the pages it tells me to follow..
Thema:

1. Charged for adding debit card to my account (and won't let me use it) - Similar Threads - Charged adding debit

2. How do I talk to a real person about being charged for a canceled subscription. Called and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I talk to a real person about being charged for a canceled subscription. Called and...: Charged 3 times for subscription i canceled. 3 times 528a6711-3ec8-438c-a3a7-326060af4a4d
  3. Cargo de $20 MXN a mi tarjeta[$ 20 MXN charge to my card]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cargo de $20 MXN a mi tarjeta[$ 20 MXN charge to my card]: El día de hoy, al intentar comprar un juego en la store puse los datos de mi tarjeta de crédito y se me hicieron tres cargos de $20 MXN a mi tarjeta. He investigado y veo que es para verificar el...
  4. Dispute charges and I want to cancel x Box monthly billing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dispute charges and I want to cancel x Box monthly billing: Cancel Xbox Dispute billing e65f4a66-8981-4f1d-9b29-d30970ddce0c
  5. Charge and Play Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charge and Play Issue: Hi Something has happened to my controller and charge and play kit. My controller is fully charged, but when I unplug the Charge and Play Kit, it automatically shows battery level as critical...
  6. I got charged for gamepass ultimate even though i cancelled the subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got charged for gamepass ultimate even though i cancelled the subscription: So a couple months ago i cancelled my subscription to gamepass and it worked well, I couldn't play the games I got off of gamepass because i didnt have gamepass. Now I just figured out that i was...
  7. Cobrança de 4 reais ao adicionar cartao de credito[Translation-4-r alre charge by adding...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cobrança de 4 reais ao adicionar cartao de credito[Translation-4-r alre charge by adding...: Boa tarde... fui cobrado o valor de R$ 4.00 reais indevidamente sem eu ter feito nenhuma compra. eu iria comprar o tom clancy´s the division 2, porem com essa cobrança eu nao consigo...
  8. Xbox Marketplace immediate Unrecognized charge after adding payment method

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Marketplace immediate Unrecognized charge after adding payment method: Hello, I'm from Mexico but I couldn't find a localized customer support space on the microsoft support section, and the xbox customer service live chat is off, so I'll try my luck by posting...
  9. Charged for vbucks but nothing added

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charged for vbucks but nothing added: Any insight how to get the V bucks that we purchased last night. Email confirmation and shows it my purchase history but nothing. I know there were server issues but how do I get my money back or...
  10. Cancelled charges added to my accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelled charges added to my accounts: I tried to buy coins in bingo with me and Aeflgwyn account, these had an error message telling me to try again and they were cancelled. I've since had coins credited to my account. what happened?...