Charged for Gamertag change, but gamertag didn't change. Would like refund.

Discus and support Charged for Gamertag change, but gamertag didn't change. Would like refund. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my current Gamertag is . I tried changing it to 'Bumm' but it looks like someone beat me to it yesterday. I still got charged for the change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bumm One, May 19, 2016.

1. Bumm One
    Bumm One Guest

So my current Gamertag is . I tried changing it to 'Bumm' but it looks like someone beat me to it yesterday. I still got charged for the change though. I understand someone got the gamertag before me, but can I at least get a refund?

:)

Bumm One, May 19, 2016
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Charged for GT change, but no change made.

Hey RageFace247!

If you were charged for a Gamertag, but no change went through, the best route to take is to reach out to our phone support team through our
    Contact Us page for billing support. If the Gamertag change didn't go through, one of the solutions may need to result in a refund.

Mister Beep, May 19, 2016
  3. FerickAndrew
    FerickAndrew Guest
    Gamertag

I want to change my gamertag, but i don't have cc to pay. I also getting hate messages.

My question, why gamertag change is charged while other gaming sites didn't?

FerickAndrew, May 19, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. If you were charged for the change but didn't receive it then you should give phone support a call.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

onyxishere, May 20, 2016
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Gamertag change

You can change your gamertag as many times as you want - you will be charged though. For refunds you would have to contact support and speak to billing, but generally there are no refunds on gamertag changes. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. If you were charged for the change but didn't receive it then you should give phone support a call.

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. Njal the Blue Win User

Change the gamertag

If you could change for free, just think of what the Trolls would be like, constantly changing gamertags. There is also a little administration that goes into managing gamertag data base changes, so it is only fair that a fee is charged. As stated up untill
    recently PlayStation didn't even think about gamretags changes.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Xbox name change

That's odd that it would say it was $5. Gamertag changes have always been $10. So you would have been charged the correct price. If you have any screenshots showing the $5 price, you may want to contact support to see if there is anything they can do,
    but otherwise the only way to change your name back would be to purchase another gamertag change. They do not offer refunds on gamertag changes.
  9. {Parity} Win User

how to change a profile to my xbox account?

You would be able to change the gamertag on the profile you are wanting to use to that gamertag but it would require two changes. There would be a charge for both changes.
Thema:

1. Charged for Gamertag change, but gamertag didn't change. Would like refund. - Similar Threads - Charged Gamertag change

2. Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.: I have been trying to change my Gamertag for three days now to no avail. In total I paid twice and got refunded once (I'm going to apply for a second refund now). I contacted Microsoft through...
  3. Tried to change Gamertag and was charged multiple times....what do I do now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tried to change Gamertag and was charged multiple times....what do I do now?: I logged into one of my Xbox accounts on my Xbox 360, I entered my payment info and proceeded to change my Gamertag......well the Gamertag DID NOT change and I was CHARGED through PayPal $9.99 5...
  4. I tried to change my Gamertag, got charged for it, but the page is just stuck in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to change my Gamertag, got charged for it, but the page is just stuck in a...: So I tried to change my Gamertag. It's the second time so now it costs some money. I used my debit card, and I got charged for it, yet the page got stuck in a "loading" or "buffering" state, and...
  5. Why do you get charged a fee for 10 dollers per gamertag change?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you get charged a fee for 10 dollers per gamertag change?: So I found out that you will get charged 10 dollars per tag change which is kind of greedy to be honest. I understand that if people had the ability to change there gamertags all they want that...
  6. Xbox gamertag wont change, after I have been charged for the transaction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag wont change, after I have been charged for the transaction.: Today, March 29th, I decided to change my gamertag from Mvlikk to bliqm, after i comfirmed the purchase and my card was charged, my gamertag is still Mvlikk. Is there any way that i can trigger my...
  7. Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.: Despite all the previous questions and responses on this topic I have not read a single valid reason only cheap and ridiculous excuses. Some just blatantly taking advantage of users that do not...
  8. TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    TRIED TO UPDATE GAMERTAG ON XBOX 360, NAME DID NOT CHANGE AND I WAS CHARGED 5 TIMES (PLEASE...: I was trying to update my gamertag on my old xbox and my account got charged 5 times even though i never got a name change. I just kept getting an error, but I still got charged everytime. I have...
  9. Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change.: Successfully change my GamerTag and charged my credit card but it did not change? I thought it will automatically applies the change. What happened? 9a9643d0-4d84-41a1-bdfe-5f1da0d1616b
  10. Being charged to change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being charged to change my gamertag?: So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it? I thought the first change was for free and...