Charter Communications: Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6

Discus and support Charter Communications: Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6 Do you connect through dual-stack? d52d80da-b952-4f0b-a85e-a6e3bdb08fa4 Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by StarLord 65865, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Charter Communications: Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6

Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6
    Do you connect through dual-stack?

:)

StarLord 65865, Dec 8, 2016
  2. Retropyro
    Retropyro Guest
    how do u change to ipv6

It does it automatically if your service provider supports IPV6. It will show as IPV4 & IPV6 under network status.

If it's only showing IPV4 then your provider does not support IPV6 and/or there is a communication problem between your router/modem and your Xbox.

Retropyro, Dec 8, 2016
  3. TheAndynater
    TheAndynater Guest
    how do u change to ipv6

how do u change to ipv6
    It does it automatically if your service provider supports IPV6. It will show as IPV4 & IPV6 under network status.

If it's only showing IPV4 then your provider does not support IPV6 and/or there is a communication problem between your router/modem and your Xbox.

TheAndynater, Dec 8, 2016
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

taidara, Dec 9, 2016
  5. taidara Win User

6. Retropyro Win User

how do u change to ipv6

7. Apocros Win User

Two XBOX ones, one internet connection trouble

So my roomate and I have a similar issue. We can both play simultaneously if we are not joined in a party. But if we do join in a party, we get the everlasting "Connecting..." message while trying to start a game.

Some random details about our setup:

ISP: Charter Communications

Modem: Cisco something or other

Router: Asus flashed with TomatoUSB

IP: IPv4 shared with NAT, and IPv6 "native" through Charter's 6rd tunnel with router advertisements sent onto the LAN with dnsmasq

I don't have a strong background in networking, nor the equipment to do much more than poke at this. But I did setup wireshark to do some packet sniffing, seems the XBox One sets up a teredo tunnel exclusively for Xbox Live connectivity (IPv6 tunneled over
    IPv4), and downloads generic content over IPv4 from Akamai.

Best I can tell, I did not observe either Xbox One sending packets to the other at any point while trying to play as a party. It's somewhat tricky to really know though, since I can't get a command shell on the Xbox, and they don't report the IPv6 address
    in the network menu.

Anyway... very frustrating, and I've no idea if the issue is in our setup (*everything* else works fine), Charter's 6rd infrastructure, Microsoft's teredo infrastructure, the Xbox One's networking code, or just a bug in Titanfall.
  8. TangentialShark Win User

Xbox One "best experienced" with IPv6

I have Charter Internet, and I only have IPv4. I checked on their website, and it says they will be implementing IPv6 in the "future". As long as "future" is less than 3 years away, I'm fine.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
Thema:

1. Charter Communications: Xbox One: IPv4 to IPv6 - Similar Threads - Charter Communications IPv4

2. Charter Communications: Ping Spikes

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Charter Communications: Ping Spikes: Charter Communications (ISPs): Ping Spikes Seeing that you're in the Xbox Insider program as well. Make sure to report the problem threw the console after you experience the issues. That way if...
  3. Charter Communications: I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One.

Charter Communications: I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One.: Charter Communications (ISPs): I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One. Thank you so much. That helped out perfectly. I was restarting it with my controller and it wasn’t working....
  4. Charter Communications: Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ...

Charter Communications: Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ...: Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ideas? Try a hard reset of the xbox hold the home button for 8 seconds till it completely...
  5. Charter Communications: Xbox service

Charter Communications: Xbox service: Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox service All xbox core services are up and running now 89ad1218-2043-41a4-b575-f6783b13337e
  6. Charter Communications: Sagemcom F@st5260 Router

Charter Communications: Sagemcom F@st5260 Router: Charter Communications (ISPs): Sagemcom F@st5260 Router I have spectrum and was wondering how can I properly set up my router so my connection is solid and fast. I have a Xbox One S and it is...
  7. Charter Communications: banishment

Charter Communications: banishment: Charter Communications (ISPs): banishment Hello, after a fight with a player, I got banned instantaneously. Since I play often and long.I would like to be able to discuss with my friends in...
  8. Charter Communications: Communication suspension

Charter Communications: Communication suspension: Charter Communications (ISPs): Communication suspension Xbox enforcement team need to be fired yet no matter what I do I get the penalty for it and funny thing is my rep is good and I rarely talk...
  9. Charter Communications: xbox communication

Charter Communications: xbox communication: Charter Communications (ISPs): xbox communication Xbox enforcement team why in the world would you put revoked this accounts communications privileges for 100 what does that mean but I already...
  10. Charter Communications: I'm sorry

Charter Communications: I'm sorry: Charter Communications (ISPs): I'm sorry The case review i sent wasn't what i meant to say i meant to say that i would avoid using inappropriate communication with anyone so i could continue to...