Chat Audio not working.

Discus and support Chat Audio not working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was working just fine went to the bathroom now no matter what I can’t hear my friend. He can hear me but I can’t hear him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikeyk2, Jan 14, 2022.

1. mikeyk2
    mikeyk2 Guest

Chat Audio not working.

Was working just fine went to the bathroom now no matter what I can’t hear my friend. He can hear me but I can’t hear him

:)

mikeyk2, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Chat Audio not working.

Hi mikeyk2! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Unplug the headset and remove the batteries from the controller

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox

Plug the headset and the batteries back in the controller and try again,

If this doesn't work, check that the chat mixer balance it's in the middle position
  3. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  4. Goons Win User

XP400 Headset on Xbox one

I'm having similar issues. Upgraded the firmware on the controller first. The headset works great for Game Audio wirelessly from the transmitter, but as soon as I plug it into the Microsoft Chat Adapter, game audio begins dropping out and chat doesn't function.
    When I unplug the headset from the Chat Adapter game audio works great.

The chat adapter seems to be the issue.

Any ideas?
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

Game audio is if you connect via optical audio.

Its been reported that an adapter for chat is being worked on.
  6. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

tritton warhead 7.1 compatiablity with xbox one

Current info says no , even with a X1 chat adapter,

-

The audio will work but the way the chat syncs with the 360 its very possible these will never work with X1.
Thema:

Chat Audio not working.

1. Chat Audio not working. - Similar Threads - Chat Audio working

2. Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio: I'm unable to hear recorded audio on my headset. I can hear in game audio, and the random clicks and sounds while navigating the xbox menus. I can hear the monitoring of my mic. When I record a...
  3. Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.

in XboX Insiders
    Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.: Basically, I’m having an issue where when headphones are connected to my Controller, I can’t hear game/system audio but I have no problem talking to my friends. I don’t know what to try as I tried...
  4. Xbox Party Chat Audio is not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Party Chat Audio is not working: Hi, I ran into an issue yesterday where I could not hear anyone in parties despite them talking and showing on the party overlay, although I cannot hear them. I had hoped it would have resolved...
  5. Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume): I am not getting any audio through my controller when I plug in a headset. When I am in the xbox home screen or in a game, no audio comes to the headset, but I can hear my friends in the xbox...
  6. Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working: I have a Hyper X headset plugged directly into the controller. It works perfectly fine when using game chat, but I can't hear audio from other members while in party chat but they can hear me. Is...
  7. Chat mixer audio not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer audio not working.: I recently did an update firmware to my Turtle beach stealth 700 Gen 2 headset. Ever sinnce then, my chat volume has not worked. I've reset, shut down, disconnected headset, controller and made...
  8. Call of Duty Cold War Multiplayer Audio Chat Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Cold War Multiplayer Audio Chat Not Working: Today, I sent the following message to Activision: Greetings Activision, So, I originally purchased the Call of Duty Cold War game back on November 13, 2020. After doing so I noticed: 1....
  9. One side of headphones not working, also audio chat mixer greyed

in XBoX Accessibility
    One side of headphones not working, also audio chat mixer greyed: Need help, as the title says. Not exactly sure why, only my right one works and it sounds pretty bad. My headphones are pretty cheap and i think in then $20 range and i have been using them for...
  10. Xbox One Chat Headset - Why is there no audio and the mic doesn't work???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Chat Headset - Why is there no audio and the mic doesn't work???: I'm tearing my hair out with this! I've had a chat headset that was bundled with the original xbox one (its the original headset, with the adapter and wire). I've never used it so thought I'd try...